Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

MORNING ROLL CALL! MAY - JUNE CLOSED

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL! MAY - JUNE CLOSED

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! Welcome to May 2019. We had an overnight shower to ring in the morning on the Front Porch! Welcome to May 2019. Going to be a busy day tomorrow if we do not have more rain. Remember that March - April is CLOSED now.

httpsi.pinimg.comoriginals2945d62945d60f334132db56d883665bcdd306.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, Porch Peeps!

Another really nice day here...I even have on a long sleeved shirt!

Did errands earlier and stopped at Starbucks because it's double star day. Tried something new... a Mango Dragonfruit refresher. A lovely fuchsia color. It tasted good, but it's not coffee! Cat LOL

So of course I need to satisfy my need for caffeine and will be attending to that next.

@LaDolceVita ...Hang in there!

Have a lovely day, all! N.

"Please sir, may I have some more?""Please sir, may I have some more?"

Honored Social Butterfly

53* raining with more rain acoming. This would seem to be as warm as today will get.

Not even Bustelo is working for cheer.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch on this sunny Tuesday morning in June! Golf was played yesterday with my four some not fairing very well in the litle league tournament. Hoping  everyone  has a great and productive day.

FB_IMG_1539297436491.jpg12194924_1654176058192355_1577228903086175085_o.jpgFB_IMG_1557926804716.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, All,

After a cloudy, rainy, cool day yesterday we now have bright sun and a nice breeze with the temperature at 70, maybe reaching 77 later…no humidity! YAY!

@n566192l ...so sorry to hear about your stuff being stolen! Cat Sad

Had a doc appointment this AM and looks like I’m good to go for another 6 months. No red flags on any of my bloodwork…Yippee! @LydiaN586309 ...must be because I stay away from the delicious donuts (most of the time) Cat LOL

Told them I was not taking that Medicare Wellness test (screens for dementia) until they change the test. My office uses the SLUMS (St. Louis University Mental Status) test and they keep using it. I can remember the darn 5 words they ask you to remember from the first time 3 years ago (apple, tie, pen, house, car). They read you the same story about Jill the stockbroker and her husband Jack and then ask you questions. Then there’s the "put the numbers on the face of the clock and make the hands say 10 minutes to 11." I taught first graders how to make a clock for 35 years; do you think I’m going to forget that? LOL. So many more stupid questions…"point to the triangle"…Duh! I like a challenge, so if they come up with a new test, I’ll gladly take it.

So now I’m going to get more coffee!! N.

Yep, time for more coffee!Yep, time for more coffee!

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this first Friday of June! We have had temps in the mid 80's all week. I golfed 3 timed in the last 5 days. Great weather but the golfing could have been better. Hoping everyone has a great weekend. The lawn will not need mowing for a few days so I can stay out of the heat. 

Paratrooper Walter Hurd, 94, left, with another U.S. veteran who took part in D-Day operations, in Sainte-Mère-Eglise, where Mr. Hurd had been airdropped 75 years ago. Celebration of D- Day was yesterday June 6th on the 75th anniversary. 

National Doughnut Day, or National Donut Day — celebrated in the United States, is on the first Friday of June of each year, succeeding the Doughnut event created by The Salvation Armyin Chicago in 1938 to honor those of their members who served doughnuts to soldiers during World War I. The holiday celebrates the doughnut. Many American doughnut stores offer free doughnuts on National Doughnut Day.

NationalDoughnutDay.jpgDoughnut_Dollies_1918_France.jpg

FB_IMG_1557926916121.jpg650x432xvictorian-porches-6.jpg.pagespeed.ic.LrLPS7QoRh.jpgB3-EE305_VETERA_M_20190604180418.jpg576234_517931228253211_1288680209_n.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning, Front Porchers!!!

I don't know what the temp is gonna be today, but what I do know is today is National Donut Day!

Several places are giving away donuts today is honor of this great day.  So check out your local Krispy Kremes store, Dunkin Donuts, Walmart, or your favorite neighborhood donut shop to see what you delight you might add to your hot cuppa joe.  And enjoy!

Image result for have a good day with a cup of coffee

Trusted Social Butterfly

Good Morning, All,

Cloudy and comfortable here right now.

I need to get human and have more coffee. Maybe I'll start the weekend with a treat from Starbucks.

@LydiaN586309 ...sure wish I didn't hear about this being donut day. I'll try hard to forget that! Cat LOL

@Frozenoem ...cute moose! Cat Wink

Have a good weekend everyone!  N.

What? No donut?What? No donut?

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 

The joy of life in the woods, and always handy iPhone, the only problem making him pose in best light.

My 48* temp under clouds, just shot to 77* with full sun. Time to mow .

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning, Front Porchers!

Sublime Tricks: Coffee Beans Roaster drinking coffee instagram.Italian Coffee Poster coffee interior industrial.Italian Coffee Poster..

Keeping it short and sweet right now.  Hope the weather is calm and good in your neck of the woods.  Caffeinate and maybe procrastinate at least for a little while.  Don't over do anything.  Afterall......

We are serving Morning Coffee again

Recognized Social Butterfly

Reading here about black flies that leave scars?  That is too much.  I had a deer fly bite me on the back of the neck the other day and it hurts but no scar.  I do have a scar from a tick bite that will last forever but that was a special situation requiring a trip to the doctor.  The awful creature burrowed into my vein at the albow joint and a red streak began to travel up my arm.  The no see ums are a real pain but we have no chiggers here at this point.  A few years ago visited an unmowed pasture in Tn and had chigger bites even in my ears.  That part of Tn was chigger free a few years prior.  So I know they move and spread the pain.  The chigger bites last for quite a few days too.  OK this concludes my bug rant, I will go back to compaining about the heat as soon as it heats up again.  Looks like we will be semi comfortable here for the next 10 days, staying under 90.  

@LydiaN586309   Sweatpants & coffee? (the cartoon you posted)

Honored Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita 

The joy of restless nights, no sleep may have been off on description.

Picture your childhood #2 pencils, the eraser ✏️ on the end, with a tiny pen point dead center, that is what a black fly bite is and remains.

The gift of blotchiness remains, and that tiny pin point in the center, is the actual size of the fly.

Itch away now, folks I need to seek roofers and paint for another roof. Begin to dislike my insurance company.

Rust on 60 year old roof, heck I’m getting slightly rusty too. But, neither the roof or I leak.

Froze

Kudos
Views

@Frozenoem   Woman Very Happy Well as long as neither leaks, all is pretty good.  Maybe just a few repairs for both you (maybe at your next doc appointment) & the roof and all will be well?  

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, All!

I agree about the "itchies"...all the talk of bugs' bites is as contagious as a yawn. Just mention a bug bite and I itch. I can't go out at night in the summer. I hate all the insect repellents on me. I did use one of those things you pin on your clothes for one event a year or so ago. Not sure if it worked but I don't remember getting bit that time.

Today is gorgeous... 57 when I woke up and now it is 68 with a breeze. A good day to get some more of the porch cleaned. Found out when I hung 2 of the chair covers on the clothesline to rinse them off that my hose nozzle cracked over the winter even though I had it in a cabinet on the porch. Used to have about 5 different nozzles and can only find one that isn't the greatest but will have to do. So, ordered another type from Amazon and it thankfully it will be here tomorrow.

On to the porch after I finish my coffee. N.

Greetings,

Beautiful day here in New Jersey I am working the primary elections for Assembly people. Very slow turn out so far,as all candidates for both parties are running unopposed.. 

I started wearing a rubber band with an insert which contains, lemongrass, eucalyptus. while I walk the dogs. There's one more oil in the insert, however, I can't remember it right now. This band even works for No See ems, I can't stand these bugs. 

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their day. Thanks for all the great tips and suggestions. I really appreciate all the time and research on all various topics.

Stay safe , enjoy Nancy

Trusted Social Butterfly

Tuesday greetings, All,

Seems odd to be saying, "Brrrrrr!" When I woke at 6 AM to bright sun it was 47! So glad I shut all the windows last night. Still debating when to take the electric blanket off the bed. I almost turned it on early this morning. Now it's 64, but won't be getting much past 70 today. Wednesday is a different story with storms moving in later tomorrow.

Had to get blood work done today, so had to fast last night. WOW!...so good to get home and get coffee and something to eat. I'd forgo the food if I had to...coffee is the priority!

Need to take care of a few things and then I'll be able to finish the front porch today. Just have to take the big table cover off, throw it over the line to rinse, clean the table,Febreeze all the cushions, some last minute vacuuming up, and the porch will be ready for summer! YAY!

Right now...more coffee!

Have the good day you imagined! N.

Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for masculine good morning greetings

"Good morning, My Porch Peeps!"

Seems like Spring hasn't quite been able to shake Winter yet for many of us.  It's been a real tug of war with the temps (hot and cold and up and down). But at least we know, Summer is right around the bend.  Image result for pic fingers crossed@catwoman500 you kinda exhausted me with your porch prep and clean-up.  But I know it'll be nice to be able to sit out and relax in a spiffy space.  And @LaDolceVita you mentioned about the Coffee and Sweatpants cartoon in one of my posts.  It's a website that produces a lot of images regarding coffee and relaxation. Hence--coffee and sweatpants.  Speaking of which, here's a little story about a granny and her coffee:

Image result for coffee sayings greetings

Hope y'all had your first chuckle for the day.  And be sure to always check the bottom of your cup! smile

Related image

So.................

Image result for have the bestest day

@LydiaN586309  The beastie picture wins the day, I started laughing when I saw that!   We have humid, rainy weather, about 70 but it does not feel so good in the house.  The basement feels good with the dehumidifier. 

@Frozenoem  love the moose, never met one on my travels!  

@catwoman500I had to turn on AC around Memorial Day, it was hot & humid like mid summer.  It has cooled off now and we make do with the ceiling fans.  Probably not for much longer  though.

@DaveMcK   Thanks for including that info about donut day! 

Honored Social Butterfly

86* ,  sunshine and warmest day of week. Back to almost normal the coast is cool , mountains warm.

Now I need to get a move on, testing joy.

Froze

Greetings All,

Just Love All ❤️ of the pictures posted 😍♥️❤️

We had rain and humidity today.

I have been busy making calls to report my credit cards stolen.

I left my purse in my locked car on Friday night, only to find it missing early Saturday morning. I just hope I get my new insurance cards soon. Today, I just got the approval for my surgery.

I did make Vegan Donuts on National Donut Day.  A group of us helped out The Cinnamon Snail, make Vegan Donuts. Boy, it's not an easy task to make donuts.  Not easy to run a food truck and also sell donuts in New York. I learned so much.

Frozenoem glad you are having somewhat normal temps. 

Dave, I remember the posters of the Salvation Army people giving out the donuts.

Lydia, Great picture and posts.

Catwoman500, glad you were able to get your porch ready. 

LaDolceVita, hope all is well with you and your family and those pups.

MsStretch, I hope the woods are  kind to you.

Stay Healthy and Safe 🙏🙌

Nancy

@n566192l  I would be in a state of panic if my wallet was stolen.  So sorry it happened to you!   Yes get that surgery behind you.

On my way to dentist for cleaning this AM, a lovely cool morning rare in the summer.  Looks like nice weather for a few days. @Frozenoem@n566192l  Fleas have returned to my neck of the woods and Frontline is no longer working!

Planning a trip to homestead on Thursday to search county tax records for a strip of land next to ours which seems to be in limbo.  I have never attempted to do a title search before.  Any Porchers familiar with the topic please chime in.

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for good morning everyone images

Good morning indeed,  Our Front Porchers!

buddies GIF

I found this video today and was so moved by the sweetness of it, I just had to post it here.  Oh, that we humans could get along so well.  Sigh!

Anyway, @n566192l I am so sorry to hear about the theft of your purse and credit cards.  Hope you have been able to notify all of your creditors so they can perhaps block those scondrels from being able to use your cards. If you have Lifelock or some other identity theft service...good.  If not, you might want to contact the individual credit bureaus and request their assistance with setting up the service through them.  That could possibly help prevent identity theft.  Just a thought.  And I hope whatever your surgery entails, it will come off without a hitch and your mend will be swift and complete.  

@Frozenoem , I am so glad your temps have finally gone up and maybe will hold for a while.  Don't know what you mean by "testing joy,"  but I hope you find great pleasure in doing so.

@LaDolceVita , I hope you are emjoying the "sweet life" each and every day!

And @catwoman500 , National Donut Day maybe over, but thanks to places like Krispy Kremes, we can have a national chocolate-covered, custard-filled donut feast Image result for pics of krispy kreme donuts365 days a year!  Yum!  Smile.  P.S. -- Liked your kitty in a cup.  Here's my version...

Image result for doggie in coffee cup

Hey, @DaveMcK Dave!  Thanks for keeping the lighthouse lit. 

And y'all remember to....

Image result for have a beautiful day

Honored Social Butterfly

Awoke to a WTF moment of deep snows on news, thankfully a graphic screw up.

Will be warm and rainy most of day🤣 61* presently.

@LydiaN586309 

Cute *.gif/ 🎥- thought it didn’t work then opened on PC and it was there.

The joy of iOS vs computer.🤣.

@n566192l 

Your doing everything correctly re: cards. The only no-no you’re now aware of, don’t leave them unattended unless protected by K-9 teeth and armor plated safe.

@LaDolceVita 

If you have online tax records, and your tax bill record number it should be simple to find who owns what. Otherwise drop in to deeds office/ county tax records office with your information and ask who owns what.

Should be a matter of public information. Only gets really weird if land is leased for recreation from giant corporations.

Time to prepare for the inevitable tests, no ice storms/blizzards will happen today. So, I may get an answer to 10 months of vertigo, 

Frontline works for Chelli. Only suggest Boraxo on carpets if fleas are in them, courtesy of open windows. Apply and vacuum after 30 minutes, dessicates the little blighters and eggs.

Rainy summers make for flea blooms, ask your vet for suggestions, Medicated shampoos perhaps. Advantix perhaps, If frontline doesn’t work not both at once.

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

Good Afternoon, Peeps!

So hot and humid right now I'm not sure the porch would be fun. maybe later.

To celebrate getting it all done I went out and bought a hanging plant to brighten the porch.

My phone says it's 79 and feels like 81, but to me it seems warmer than that. Maybe because I just cooked up a big pot of veggies. Inside, my thermostat says 80. Hoping it cools off; I don't feel like turning on the AC yet.

Hope everyone is doing well. N.

Time for a boost!Time for a boost!

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hey! I'm replying to my own post as I am amazed that the picture showed up!

I haven't been able to get any pictures on here in over a year so thought I'd just give it another try! What in the world???

Wonder if it's a fluke and I won't be able to do it again?????? N.

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 

Looks like you have the ability to post pictures again, AARP gnomes have been at work secretly in the background.

Fixed one thing broke another, no link to messages, come to inbox😡.

Presently 76* and sunshine, even in Maine.Been up to here in Medical and will continue for another month, no 🤬 joy in Mudville.

Time to find charger for lawn mower, it’s getting deep outside.

Go slow on roads if visiting New EnglandGo slow on roads if visiting New England

This little creature was standing along the road to home today surprise.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 

Already had my brrr moment last night passing Mt. Washington it was snowing at the summit.

Spent morning wondering who called at 3:00a for appt,  Awoke from REM sleep,to private call and not a clue.

60* cloudy and gotta stagger, 

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

63* cloudy and rain coming for next 3 days.

That ought to increase flying & stinging blighters. Found my itch eraser just in case I ever get out again.

Seems like a good day to get fishing gear in readiness, just in case.

Froze

Hello,

70* and nice in New Jersey. I wanted to thank all of you who posted about the ticks and mosquitoes 😉. I am spraying my yard today. I really do appreciate all of your tips and suggestions. I am even putting some lemon grass on my outside porch.  Thanks again,

Nancy

Honored Social Butterfly

59* and overcast - it’s officially Black fly season the swarms are out, and just hit the first returning snowbirds.

Summer temp’s May eventually reach everyone - I’m hoping. Maine waves to all, it’s not a greeting to one and all, it’s more like a fanning of the air to remove the pesky blighters trying to bite exposed flesh, of the non-slathered up.

Time to play , enjoy

Froze

Hello,

Frozenoem, a few years ago my neighbor had this strange bugs, that came out of the ground. Anyway, since the bugs started to fly all over the yard. The neighbors were using tennis racquets to hit them. I bought this Zap IT swatter, I can send you. Remember, I live in New Jersey, by the shore. I am not familiar with all the creatures you have. 

70* very nice here today. Picked up stuff for the share today 😊

Enjoy your evening... Nancy

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP