Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 11 of 223

@catwoman500. You're very welcome and may you have a wonderful weekend as well 🙂

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 223

Hello, Everyone, Happy Friday!

@OscarE1968@Frozenoem , @DaveMcK , @LydiaN586309 ...Thanks so much for the birthday wishes!

I haven't talked that much in months! After I posted yesterday I received more phone calls.

I went to bed exhausted and feeling great. I slept until 8:30!

What is usually a normal old day turned into something very special and I appreciated it so much! It wasn't even a milestone birthday, but I think everyone is more aware of their friends now that we can't see them and it sure feels good to have that connection. 😸

Have a great weekend!

It's summer. Let's go camping!It's summer. Let's go camping!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 223

DUCK.jpg

Howdy Doody, Porch Peeplers!

Well, it seemed to take all week long to get here, but it has arrived and.....

I'm so happy it's F-R-I-D-A-Y! 

First things first, I got up super early this morning and opened my windows to let in the freshest air of the day--before my neighbors arose and the traffic started moving en masse.  The birds of all kinds are in concert and the sun has already fully graced the cloudless sky.  But the most delightful sight so far today occurred when I opened my side door to catch that first breath of air and to gaze at the sunrise.  There in the grass near my driveway and just outside of my door sat a young bunny rabbit--whiskers moving, ears straight up perky, hurriedly eating grass.  Such a sweet sight.  Love bunnies!

And to you @catwoman500

BELATED.jpg

Just read that your birthday was yesterday.  So glad you got to visit and celebrate it with some friends.  What better way to break the solitude and isolation of the past few months.  Happy belated Birthday!  Smile!

I'm literally trying to figure out what to do first today.  Yardwork, continuation of the garage cleanout, fill the bird feeders, make a quick trip to the tractor supply store for more feed, or should I do "the" most important first thing first.....BOOM.jpg

Yep!  Of course, coffee wins out!  First things first!

Excuse me....

gulp2.jpg

Aaaaahhh, coffee....   When a sip just won't do!

As usual I hope everybody out there on the Porch is blessed and fairing well today.  I pray you and your friends and family are healthy, happy, and whole.  Please stay safe!

GIRAFF.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 223

Good afternoon to everyone on the Front Porch for some afternoon relaxation with a cup of coffee and a very low calorie snack! Happy Birthday @catwoman500.

Hoping you are up after your afternoon nap and ready to face the rest of the!

69499453_10219458249986709_4814862229503475712_n.jpgFB_IMG_1548811630022.jpg68571121_1299191246908291_2273309718573219840_n.jpgimage-aX2k16vEMomNpd8Z4xZk.png42286840_304667820265059_4151787298398142464_n.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 223

@catwoman500 

🥳 Happy Birthday 🎂🎁🎊🎈🎉 

Re: Alcohol the rubbing kind, I use for cleaning computers, it’s been on back order for a month.

Have been using the bottles of funky off brand after shave collection from grands. People have been wondering why there computers smell different. Gonna be weird when I hit the Patchouli or Tonga stash.🤣

Alive, well and comfortable only 79* today and sunny.

My shoulder is back where it should be most of the time, magic of green bands. Won’t fix same shoulder again for 5 years and I don’t want to be a one-armed cane user not Mr Miyagi🤣

Next week begins hospital tests again, PT again, life and normalcy - total 💩shoot.

At least when I do go to hospital on 30th will know whether I had/have COVID, annoying thought since Dec or Jan. Hospital and Dr’s require tests for entry, and ride share/livery requires mask, gloves, etc.

In the meantime masks, gloves, PPE and sanitizers. Had to double check next appt on 📆 and almost freaked, it’s been a long time 5 months here.

In lighter news TX just paused reopening due to 11,000 cases in 2 days. I just want food on hand in case of another shutdown. 

Time to play, wonder if I can have these long flowing locks braided. Not using my barber until I learn positive or negative, beginning to feel like life is “12 monkeys“ the movie.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 223

Happy Birthday @catwoman500. May you have a Wonderful Blessed Day 🎂🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉💐

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 223

Hi, Porch Peeps!

I just spent almost 2 hours on my porch with two of my good friends! We kept socially distant, of course, and had the best time catching up in person. These are 2 of my Game Night Girls who came over to bring me birthday gifts. What a birthday! Better than a normal birthday when I usually do nothing on the day itself. Such a lift to the spirits. 😸

I also received calls from 3 more friends and a text from another. I feel so blessed! What a great day in the midst of this messy year!

I hope you all are safe and are enjoying your day!

birthday cat.gif

It's my birthday.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 223

Hi, Porch Peeps!

Warm and breezy today. The humidity should be dropping soon, so they say. I anticipate open windows later.

Went to Wegman’s this AM as I wanted to get some Pecorino cheese…not the hard kind that you grate, but the softer cheese, and Wegman’s is the only grocery store around here that you can find it. It’s not exactly in season yet.

I had a delightful time wandering around…it’s a huge store and recently moved their tiny wine/beer section from a corner of the store to the central part and it’s so much bigger and really looks nice. Of course, this being PA we still have to pay for the alcohol separately from the groceries.

Speaking of alcohol…the rubbing kind…I finally saw some there, but at $14.99/bottle, no way was that going into my cart! Holy cow! it was less than 20 oz.!

Just got this from NBC news…

New York, New Jersey and Connecticut to require isolation of visitors from states with coronavirus h...

Visitors from states with coronavirus hotspots will have to quarantine for 14 days if they set foot in New York, New Jersey or Connecticut, the governors of those northeastern states said Wednesday. Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Washington, Utah and Texas have high enough infection rates to warrant the quarantine, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said. 

Since we are seeing that things are getting better in this part of the country I guess they want to keep it that way. Yikes!

My friend who has been “stuck” in her FL condo since Feb has to fly into Trenton, NJ to get home to PA eventually. Sure hope she has no trouble.

This year just can’t get any weirder!

@Frozenoem ..."Shinin, Streamin', Gleamin', Flaxen Waxen?" 😸

Summertime and the livin' is easy.Summertime and the livin' is easy.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 223

It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood 70* and thunderstorms rolling through mountains.

I slept in comfort 8 hours and feel human again. Lawn mostly done🤷‍♂️, it’s no longer 12” high.

Coffee’s made and I can breathe and move without melting, it was steamy yesterday.

Laptops are still chugging away they can work, I’ll stay home today.👍

I’m going to attempt to clean house, starting with contacts on the stereos. I’ve reworked every solder joint on them, replaced melted caps And mid-cuss remembered that I’ve had them since 1968 and at least 2 speakers awhile longer.

Really hope cleaning knobs and switches makes my Sara’s return to life, almost like my niece’s boyfriend who touched them.👎🏻 He was allowed to leave house unbroken.🤣

Time to mix the Murphy’s and clean floors, tired of looking at dirty 18” heart pine boards, ugh.

@catwoman500 

What’s a haircut? 1 and 1/2 years, I’ve forgotten, it’s a familiar term but, can’t recall.

I beginning to feel like I could be in a rock opera.🤣

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 223

Hi, Everyone,

@LydiaN586309 … that cat face you posted is my face every morning when I first get up! LOL

Well, today was hair cut day. I’m just dwelling on this topic because the hair was annoying the heck out of me.

It feels so good to be back to normal.

We are in the sweats today. I woke up feeling comfy, but as soon as I exercised and then put on my jeans….AC here we come.

Plants outside are drooping even though they have enough water.

We should get some rain tonight and drop the humidity.

91 right now and feeling like 95.

Salmon is in the oven for dinner later. Smells good.

Enjoy your day!

Haircut day!Haircut day!

I will never let a poodle cut my hair again.jpg

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit