Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! MAY - JUNE 2020

Message 141 of 223

@LydiaN586309   Great news on your test, I have been watching your posts for results.  @catwoman   when I had my haircut the operator and I both wore masks.  She checked my temperature when I walked in.  I think there is a number limit on patrons.   No walk ins in this particular shop, all by appointment.  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 142 of 223

83* and sunny here, with dandelions appearing after first mulch of year.

@LaDolceVita 

Just for you or anyone else, no fog masks.

hyperlitemountaingear.com

White polyester no fog masks, they sell in packs of 5. Black fly season, and sunglasses protection. With no fogging.
Have wire in nose piece for tight seal on bridge of nose.Washable and reusable.👍

Polyester must have changed since 60’s, I can breathe through mask. Don’t have issues like with Nehru still wouldn’t attempt smoking near one though.🤣 Reason for all of those little pinholes on the jacket I guess.

Re: Friend he’d like the affordability of his next flight here, just not the manner of flight. He can come in carry-on luggage with documentation.

Washington state to Maine. Hated flying in life, his kids hate driving.

@n566192l - tempted to call her last night then stuff happened.

Perhaps later as moods change.

Had to call friends last night also in lockdown to find that one was in lockdown at her condo, and computer hacked. Joy of remembering where she was hunkered down, calling management and getting message delivered to her, to call me. And then sending emails off to rest of chain.

She was Maggi (Emty) of campers from AARP back in early 2000’s. Not to be confused with Maggie O’Doyle.

My back and ribs are forecasting rain in a week, love arthritis.

@sunluvngal 

Behold rollcall! We live, how life continues, despite Coronavirus.

Many have formed virtual and real friendships through the years of talking and griping, about a wide range of subjects, and the ever present weather or whatever.🤣

Need caffeine, New neighbor at door suggests he’s locked out of house. Hobby of 40 years is required, 2 hours to nearest locksmith. Gotta find a Bobby pin, who locks doors.🤣😆 We all pack heat, which keeps crooks antsy up here. Or else we tend to hide a spare somewhere, try to remember where after 20-30 years can be a pita.

Froze

6BD6ABBE-0009-4DED-B143-FC877937A4A2.jpeg

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 143 of 223

Dear @DaveMcK,

Mmmmm, yummm!

If I promise to practice social distancing, could I just...

beyondgrilling_3.jpg

drive driving.gifby and you pitch me a bunned and dressed burger and brat...

image.jpg

and I'll toss you a couple of non-alcoholic brews? 

Just a thought!

Lydia

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 144 of 223

Well, what I thought were good mask options all were pretty awful.  The last mask I used fogged up my glasses.  I put the glasses away which I often do anyway.   The danged mask started riding up my nose, into my eyes!    I have one more mask, looks like the one most often in use by others and hopefully I will find that one acceptable.

Looks like non essential retail stores are open.  Many government offices are still closed though.   They are handling things by phone or online.  Now for the most important news.  Library branches will offer contactless book pick up starting May 26.   I cannot imagine how my tiny local library will do this but I will be there soon after they open to find out. One book I ordered has been there waiting for pickup since March 13. 

I think our weather reprieve is over.   Will hit 80 today and for the foreseeable future.  And I cannot help myself, will start complaining about it pretty soon.  Already had a few bug bites. 

I hope Nancy  (n5661921) is OK, no posts from her in awhile.   @Frozenoem  sorry you lost  your friend to this awful illness.  I am still missing my friend who died Feb 13.  Always think I want to tell him something.   @catwoman500   You actually sound pretty cheerful.  @LydiaN I think you are always cheerful.  @DaveMcK  You seem tranquil as always.  Stay well my friends.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! MAY - JUNE 2020

Message 145 of 223

Good morning to everyone here on the Front Porch on this cloudy Friday morning in May 2020. We are looking at a cloudy day today with some early shows to start the day. I was hoping to grill out brats and burgers this evening but not sure right now. Plan B is braised tuna steaks on the stove. We did make a quick trip to the grocery store yesterday. 

image.jpgbeyondgrilling_3.jpg

From our house to yours have a safe Holidays Weekend!

60988093_2352307541497973_3246595513104990208_n.jpgfunny-basset_hound_yawning.jpg90767928_2995849660454688_307543808994705408_n.jpgIMG_9305-768x512.jpg1280px-Lilac_Bush.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 146 of 223
  1. Hi from Lake Havasu, Arizona! Another Day in Paradise. 😁❤  Hoping you all stay safe, happy and healthy!  And a happy and peaceful Thursday to you ALL! 💃

tenor (2).gif

Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
Trump 2020!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 147 of 223

It’s 71* the sun is shining and time to play in the sunshine, liberally dosed up in deet and masked to breathe in fresh air, minus black flies.

Kids are out and slathered up to prevent being picked up and flown away by the above.

Pants have been sprayed with Permethrin for ticks , they’re out as well.

Think I’ll mow the grass.😆 4 days battery has been charging, noticed this AM. Not liking the phone today.

8DFE8206-1C31-4840-836D-E3F818B90B6C.jpeg

For no reason other than cleaning my phone, I send to all a picture from Constitution docking beside the Preble? in Boston, a few years back. 2001 or 2002 maybe. Have military, duty, honor and service to country on my mind. Memorial Day must be coming.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! MAY - JUNE 2020

Message 148 of 223

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on Wednesday May 20, 2020.  We are looking at a high temp of 70 and partly cloudy skies changing to sunny this afternoon. Thursday and Friday will be the same.

Top news of the day: Severe flooding struck central Michigan on Wednesday after two dams were breached by rain-swollen waters, forcing the evacuation of thousands of residents and prompting officials to warn of life-threatening danger. May we all have these people in our thoughts as they face this catastrophe in these all ready challenging times! Bless them one and all!

86970647_3426316127385573_710741023617187840_n.jpgdog-quote-friendship-sm-450x450.png74614091_3154144214602084_6285135212594593792_n.jpgFB_IMG_1539622045119.jpgFB_IMG_1549332255338.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 149 of 223

@sunluvngal 

Last night and this am was a nightmare for me. I’m taking a LOA for now from work,  for me
that’s never happened as far as I can recall. Could be wrong, nagging inner voice, don’t think it’s paranoia.

Politics is best served cold and ignored here. Yeah, it happens and erupts sometimes.

These just aren’t normal times, and IM trying to gauge my words carefully, while meeting the terms of group and dealing with autocorrect.

Pandemic and T , not happening. Need a walk , more of a stagger. 

Not even google search is working tonight for meanings of words.

Gotta go, have a good night, not even speaking to my R fuzziness  tonight. Cousin=fuzziness.

Spellchecker on iPhone insists cuzzin is fuzziness. Sometimes I notice, sometimes it’s just🤷‍.

Edited out.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 150 of 223

EVERYDAY is a good day to have a great day!!  👍 😁  💃  

TODAY is a good day for a great day.jpg

Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
Trump 2020!
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users