Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! MAY - JUNE

Message 131 of 205

Hi, All,

Have had 2 great days weatherwise but today is going to be crazy. We've already had a few showers and sun...temp is 68 right now, headed to 80's. Bad thing is the wild forecast for storms with wind, lightning, hail and possible tornadoes. I am off to see a play, Dial M for Murder, at the historic Bucks County Playhouse in New Hope, PA. Of course the storms are supposed to begin while we are in the theater, so driving home alone will be iffy. At least it's a matinee and not at night. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can dodge the worst or that the storms take another path. HA! I'll let you know.

Have a weather-good day! N.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 132 of 205

Good morning folks.  We are enjoying the low 90s for the next week or so with temps 69-70 at night.  Anything above 70 is sheer misery because the house & the outdoors dot not cool off to give that freshness in the early morning that I really like.  The homestead location is staying below 70 at night except for 1 day next week.  We often do get miserable weather by Memorial Day although sometimes we manage to get through June w/o hitting the 90s and that is lovely.  It is not going to be a nice summer the way it is starting out.  Ticks are abundant.  Have found 3 on myself but none on dogs.  Weird.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 133 of 205

Good morning to everyone on this Thursday morning on the Front Porch! NBC told is story today. Have a great day everyone. Check out links below. 

Link: https://hiddenheroes.org/grants/

Link: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10218666980165458&id=1226831037

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 134 of 205

It’s morning - y’all

49* and sunshine we may hope, temps in the 60’s later, and NO rain until tonight.

Need to feed the pup, and give her a walk/stagger, pure expresso day upcoming.

Buckle up looks like severe weather is coming for most all this year, climate change anyone.

Planting fields are still mud up here. So much for early corn.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 135 of 205

I’m late at 76* a first for the season, inhaled my first black fly of the 2-week season.

Might actually stop burning wood in another week. Waiting impatiently for Friday while off-loading some toys.

@LaDolceVita 

Understand bulk pickup do to a 2-year stint in Charlestown and a big-ish town of 10,000 pop. Down the road.

Up here it’s about the same bit for bulk, enlist strong bodies and haul to dump or transfer station.

Problem with one mans trash is another’s treasure, have scored some real treasures up here.

Time to charge batteries and re-treat my clothes (Permethrine) with flies come ticks, and the start of Heartgard, etc for Chell.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 136 of 205

Good afternoon to everyone on the Front Porch this Monday afternoon! Our morning started out around 50, cloudy and some wind. We had a good turn out for league golf considering the weather. My final score turned out to be better than I thought it would be. You never know! Looking at rain for the next few days. 

Hoping everyone has a great week. 

As shown below our mother Cardinal has been feeding her newborn babies which has been very hard to get a picture of. 

porch-rails-102.jpg12188027_1654176298192331_2738131929033426772_o.jpgFB_IMG_1556898316488.jpgFB_IMG_1554515041902.jpgdaisy-flower-spring-marguerite-67857.jpeg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 137 of 205

No one in my neck of the woods has heard of bulk day.  Really.  People w/ large items living on acreage will either let the item sit or take it to a landfill eventually.  People not living on acreage, well they cannot let stuff sit on their property so they they dump it illegally.  Most of this dumping has stopped since our county has become populated or rather overpopulated.   We may not have dumping of trash (or unwanted pets) anymore but it has been replaced by constant traffic noise, lots of it.  It is a challenge to get my mail, only safe during low traffic hours. 

OK, no more compalaining, not even about high humidity & temps.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 138 of 205

Good Afternoon, Peeps!

@Frozenoem , @LaDolceVita ...Our little borough has bulk article pick up on the first and third Wednesday of each month. However, we have to go to Borough Hall to PURCHASE a permit in order to put large articles at the street!

And of course no empty paint cans, propane cylinders, TV's, computers, or other stuff of that ilk are allowed.

Getting warmer here...right now it's 80! It will probably go a bit higher. I can feel the humidity creeping in, too.

Finished my Ebay listings so now it's time to package my 2 sales for the post office tomorrow.

Have a pleasant day! N.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 139 of 205

@LaDolceVita 

Geez, even in population 700, I know what bulk day is, the day to put big stuff on the curb.

But, no curb’s or pickup in the country. Took long enough to get bears from feasting at the transfer station, don’t want them dining on the streets.

@LydiaN586309 

People tend to get a Might testy towards weathermen with bad news up here🤣.

That’s all I’ll say about that.

Need to go play in the rain @50* but, tomorrow the mtns May hit 80*, or people will be upset at weatherpeople again.😎.

ps-why people may get upset @ meteorolgists, up the road.

7C87AE5A-A28E-4C99-BF13-FB0A46F4A2D7.jpegSugarloaf, ME

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 140 of 205

@n566192l  Bulk day?  You & Froze tend to come up w/ new phrases, haha.  I went on my day trip and my foot did very well.  I think its almost healed.  I must remember to do the heel lifts this AM.  I am hoping for a burst of energy pretty soon, not from coffee though.  I drank that much earlier in the day.  

Kudos
Views