Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 41 of 190

@n566192l 

Thanks for reminder at shop (necessary business) it's spray alcohol on electronics, phone in Otter Armor case, ez to wipe down.

Per CDC instructions.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cleaning-disinfection.html

Trump TP at Amazon is for sale, not worth buying though. $8.95 per roll , plus shipping/handling. 

Time to skate.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 190

GREETINGS, 

THANK YOU  FOR  ALL OF YOUR  ADVICE  FOR  THIS VIRUS.  I USE QTIPS FOR ANY KEYPADS I HAVE TO USE WHEN  I  GO OUT. I HAVE  SEEN  PEOPLE  USEING  THE STYLIST  FROM  THERE  IPADS. I  FEEL  LIKE  JESSY  JAMES  WITH THE MASK ON.  

GREAT  IDEAS FROM  EVERYONE.  THANK  YOU  FOR  SHARING  THEM WITH  ME.  WE HAVE  TO  BE SO CAREFUL  THESE DAYS. I  LYSOL ANY MONEY  I  COME  IN CONTACT  WITH.  

REMEMBER,  FOR PEOPLE  WHO  HAVE  IPHONES, You can  Google  dou,  those of us with  Android  phones.  Just  thought  I would  share,  some  people  with iPhones aren't  aware  of  this. Stay  safe  and  connected  to  your  loved  ones 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 190

@LydiaN586309 

No Lysol, no problem. Bleach!

Use recipe from Mi. Read it well, personally I'm allergic to bleach.

https://www.canr.msu.edu/news/covid-19-disinfecting-with-bleach

Yesterday attempted to remove snow (concretious mass) my back said no! Ain't happening, try again today.

Back to exp-skeleton, annoying.

Need to shift snow, before the rains hit, Yep we do get spring rains sometimes but, generally followed by April snows🤣.

Warm rain by day tends to become skating rink later, the overnight lows are still a problem, 10-20* despite 20-50* days.

TP if you were in Maine rural areas, I'd suggest a trip to the nearest KFC, McD, Dunkin and request extra napkins.

Here we have it, even at local general stores and convenient.

But, this is middle of nowhere in particular. Find an outhouse look for coffee can, et voila TP in can, unless it's merely the lye or peat moss for sprinkling on deposits.🤣

Corn cobs in pinch, or single pages of telephone directories in strips. Leaves avoid groups of 3 on single stalk. Coffee filters (sacrilege) but, works. Tissue paper for gifts (Joanne's) dollar stores. TP is tissue paper in more convenient rolls.

Or try the following link.

https://crisisequipped.com/alternatives-to-tp/

If you have plumbing skills bidet or water bottle. The sprayer for kitchen faucet can be plumbed into Toilet tank fittings easily.

$6.00 at Walmart for plastic and hose, $3.00 for fitting.

https://www.supply.com/browse?refinements=visualVariant.nonvisualVariant.Brand%3DKohler~BrandCategor...

Need to go in the wilderness now, no more potty humor/facts remain.

Enjoy all 

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 190

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this Sunny Saturday morning in mld April 2020. We are looking at cooler temperatures Sunday with rain forecasted for this afternoon and a high temp over 60*. Then cold Monday with some snow. So much for Spring taking ahold here. We had a chat yesterday afternoon with our friends and trivia team on Zoom to keep up to date.

Mary and I continue to hibernate and watching volumes of TV ranging from reruns of Brewers Baseball games to Hallmark movies. I play even more with my tablet and going out for walks. More and more tulip plants are making their way out of the ground. Some of the neighbors get more sun than our yard does so they have had daffodils blooming in their yards. Our neighbor to the West has rhubarb coming up.  

We aleo had some popcorn snow yesterday and I was able to check it out but it melted quickly when I tried to pick it up. 

It is interesting to see the the variety of comments showing up about the virus showing up on the internet.

Please stay home as much as you can and be safe.

10420259_866339886719852_646526510538275392_n.jpgmail.jpeg92516500_10158539480406929_6579046151146700800_n.jpgtenor (8).gif91885596_3506244782759586_6958227837090267136_n.png91579462_1233230980219368_440734627494100992_n.jpgFB_IMG_1548728072038.jpgFB_IMG_1540150075001.jpgbkry-long-johns_WCX4915-1200.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 190

Good morning, Peepers!

Well, I finally ventured outside yesterday after having been under house arrest for over a week.  I had to do some shopping for a senior friend and a little for me too.  I also picked up her laundry as she as been under the weather and cannot get out for herself.  Moreover, I was able to sit and spend some time with her since both of us have been on lock down so long that neither of us feared contaminating the other.  She was so glad to have some company if even for a little while.   Needless to say, Friday was a very busy day for me.

Back to the shopping--  The main thing was the c-r-o-w-d-s!!!  The other thing was there still was no toilet paper or paper towel or napkins.  What's up with that?  I just don't understand.  After all, you can't EAT the TP!  "Can you!?"  And there was no Lysol anything!  But everything else was is good supply.  So the overall shopping trip went well.

@Frozenoem, seems like you live in a place that has as of yet resisted the advent of Spring. Snow!  And then to have no power! Eck!!!  We had very light flurries (snowy dots really) the other day and when I got up, I found my car dusted with the stuff.  But it quickly melted with the warmth (42 degrees) of the sun. 

@catwoman500, I, too, have been having problems with accessing AARP for time to time.  It happens so often now that I don't even frustrate myself with it.  When I can't get on or in, I just pick up my phone and let my fingers do the walking.   Believe you me, when this whole corona situation finally passes, I will head to Best buy and get me a new computer.  I've had this one 15 or 16 years now and I guess it's just tired.  

@LaDolceVita, glad you like and enjoy my pics.  Hope you are well and  doing okay.

Today (Saturday) I intend to stay on lock down in my house until tomorrow.  Tomorrow is Easter Sunday and I will have to go back to work for sure.  No more hedging.  No more time off.  I gotta do what I gotta do!  But I feel ready.  At least I'm not feeling terrified (you know--of the...virus).

I guess we're all doing our best to do our part with social distancing, staying home, and handwashing.  I know it can all be kind of restrictive, but I guess it's a small inconvenience which will hopefully help us through and get us out of this pandemic mess.  

Well, I've been awake and up since before the dawn which has now fully come.  The house had a chill.  But I turned up the thermostat and now it's quite toasty warm.   Will soon start  breakfast, but for now the next best thing is,

It's....

C-o-f-f-e-e   t-i-m-e!

Be safe and stay strong everybody.

Lyds

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 190

Wow Friday morning without power for 12 hours, finally came back.

The snow is still coming down, it's heavy and wet. Think I'll be busy for awhile today.

For now it's coffee time and eventually out after I find the driveway again.

@catwoman500 

If nothing has changed with login info or new connection to net, and problem only happens in AARP using either Win10 or Samsung Android phone or tablet.

Try a reboot of both computer and phones, and a reboot of WiFi/cable modem/etc. turn them all off for 10 counts and reboot all (turn back on).

If all works your golden, if not more updates, depending.

Cable Internet is really slow of late. Even my telco dsl is slowing down and never thought that would/could happen.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 190

@catwoman500 

Problem is many are now working from home internet connection goes to heck.

A little input would help what are you using Windows 10, iPhone/iPad/Mac, Android when you get error message.

33* raining presently and snow is an hour out. I'm bored my troubleshooting hat awaits.

If you can pm me, by clicking that little envelope icon on your browser window.

Or here 🤣

For the moment my internet and cell phone both work.

May become a crapshoot later today, now I need to eat and drink.

6928B726-7BF4-4018-B0FE-1AC3E3235560.jpeg

Froze

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 190

Hi, Porch Peeps,

I haven't been able to get here via my computer. Every time I try to respond, I get the message, "unable to respond to the request" or something like that.

It's been longer than usual this time, and I hate trying to type on this tablet or my phone. Guess when this whole corona thing is all over, I'll try to make an appointment with the Geeks to come out and  change to another browser since I really have no idea how to use another browser without messing up my whole  Internet that I'm used to.

Meanwhile, I'm thinking about all of you, and wishing you well. Try to have a happy Easter.

Our governor just said PA schools will not reopen this school year. What a nightmare! 

Hang in there!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 190

@catwoman500   A mask out of coffee filters, very good!   Hubby had 2 masks of good quality for spraying  fairly toxic stuff on plants and we are using those.  Pretty extreme looking for the grocery store but we do not mind.  Getting that Listerine must have made your day!   I feel really good after my weekly trip to the grocery store as I am usually able to obtain what I need.  Thankfully I have not needed TP!  

Most stores in our area are offering early AM senior hours, very helpful I wish that would continue indefinitly.   Chewy is delivering again and I am trying Misfits Market for produce.  Also bought 13 pepper plants,  okra and cucumber seeds so we will have a garden again this year.  Missed the peppers last year,  cannot buy decent banana peppers anywhere. 

@LydiaN586309  Your mask pictures are funny and hit the spot!  @Frozenoem   John Prine's death made me sad.   Thanks for the link Smiley SadSmiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 190

Wednesday afternoon all, seems to be snow in my forecast- what else is new. Upgraded to 8-18", I'm on the borderline for 2 systems.

Woods in, kindling in, and my back is throbbing merrily away, for the moment only! After I pickup my box of Chunky's from the general store.🤣 

Will be reliving old John Prine tracks, starting with illegal/legal smiles.🤣 He passed last night from Covid-19.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/john-prine-25-essential-songs-974926/

Time to stagger, few more minutes of charging to go. Just got off cell call from friend of 30+ years in Cheyenne, WY who's also in lockdown, not allowed to leave her condo.

Enjoy all.

Froze

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit