Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 51 of 190

Tuesday afternoon all🤣

My back was right, Thursday we'll start with rain, then change over to Snow - 6-12".

Had thought of draining the gas from snowblower happy I resisted the urge.

Eventually I will see grass, budding trees, and perhaps even people without masks in stores.

Have gone from who is that bearded person to who's behind the mask.🤣

Time to play in the woodpile again , might even clean the glass on woodstove. And  play with hepa filters for shop vac, new face shield.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 190

Good morning, Peepers!

B-I-G yawn here! As y'all can see, I got my coffee in hand, but I'm not quite ready to start the day.  So I'm couch potatoing it right now.  My absolutely favorite pasttime! 

@DaveMcK,  I loved your Isolation Diary!!!  I laughed out loud as I went down the list.  Needed that laugh for sure!  

The weather here has been up and down and left to right.  Seems like it can't make up it's mind.  One day we have temps in the 60s and the next day it's in the 40s.  It's crazy!  Yesterday it was warm and sunny and today it's "brrrrrrr" cold, overcast, and raining.  I mean, it rained so hard last night, that I was sure the streets would be flooded this morning.  But despite my sump pump having had to work overtime last night, the streets are just damp and my basement is dry. Yay! 

But it can do whatever it wants to do outside, 'cause I'm not going out at all today.  I've been furloughed from work and I am NOT complaining at all about it! I was off last week and was supposed to return to work this week or so I thought. But now, I feel like I've been given a reprieve at the last minute.  So I'm making a new list of stuff to do around the house. Trying to get as many special little projects done as I can; things that I haven't had time to do in the past. And in between, I will snooze and binge (on TV) and work on my culinary creativity.  "Eat, sleep, binge!"  Sounds like the perfect title for a interesting book.

Well, since I turned the heat way down yesterday because our temps were so warm, I guess I'll turn it up now 'cause there is a definite chill in the air. And then I'm going to assume my new nickname "Chugalottajava" and enjoy my first cup of the day.

To the good peeps out there, I hope all are well and in health and will remain so. Let's do our best to make it through this hard time..together!

My formula:  Coffee, a lotta cream, a sinful amount of Truvia, and Me!

Lydia

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 190

@DaveMcK,  thank you for that isolation diary.  Priceless!  I am still laughing.  🤣  I needed that.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 190

@DaveMcK 

Afternoon Monday, I've forgotten days of the week and now need to write them down.

Don't have any clue how many days of isolation, tried to look it up and only discovered I burn loads of wood.

Which according to my back will be happening again really soon, feel a cold snap or snow in my future again.

Presently 46* and sunny, that's gonna change🤣.

Yes, I have been eating in, that Kitchen place frequently. I used to enjoy cooking but, after the last 20 meals and 6 loaves of bread, I may be changing that opinion. Or else the larder is getting empty.

Time to watch you tube on creating my new 🎭 for shopping. The N95's must be kept for work, can't get particulates on exposed hard drive platters, and my clean room hood won't filter it out easily.

Enjoy

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 190

Morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this cloudy day with a chance of rain this afternoon and thunderstorms in tonight's outlook. Our weekend was uneventful other than a family chat on Google Hangouts. It works well once we get everyone online. There were just 5 of us out of the possible 8 that could join in as our youngest was a little under the weather with a touch of the flu. This was our 3rd such Sunday afternoon chat. All three of our girls are working from home. Two are teachers and the oldest one is a social worker with the county. Two of the 3 son-in-laws are working and are getting paid. 

A  couple of weeks ago I started a diary and have decided to share it here in with all of you this morning.

My Self-Isolation Quarantine Diary:
Day 1 – I Can Do This!!  Got enough food and wine to last a month!

Day 2 – Opening my 8th bottle of Wine.  I fear wine supplies might not last

Day 3 – Strawberries:  Some have 210 seeds, some have 235 seeds.  Who Knew??

Day 4 – 8:00pm.  Removed my Day Pajamas and put on my Night Pajamas.

Day 5 – Today, I tried to make Hand Sanitizer.  It came out as Jello Shots!!

Day 6 – I get to take the Garbage out.  I’m So excited, I can’t decide what to wear.

Day 7 – Laughing way too much at my own jokes!!

Day 8 – Went to a new restaurant called “The Kitchen”.  You have to gather all the ingredients and make your own meal.  I have No clue how this place is still in business.

Day 9 – I put liquor bottles in every room.  Tonight, I’m getting all dressed up and going Bar hopping.

Day 10 – Struck up a conversation with a Spider today.  Seems nice.  He’s a Web Designer.

Day 11 – Isolation is hard.  I swear my fridge just said, “What the hell do you want now?”

Day 12 – I realized why dogs get so excited about something moving outside, going for walks or car rides.  I think I just barked at a squirrel.

Day 13 – If you keep a glass of wine in each hand, you can’t accidently touch your face.

Day 14 – Watched the birds fight over a worm.  The Cardinals led  the Blue Jays 3–1.

Day 15 – Anybody else feel like they’ve cooked dinner about 395 times this month?
 tenor (8).gif91885596_3506244782759586_6958227837090267136_n.png75418873_2029912857111476_3116054822571212800_o.jpg92355130_10158833840831988_3815434012718006272_o.jpgThe tulip garden continues to show signs of lifeThe tulip garden continues to show signs of life83248465_2782595661778947_8300972138672685056_n.jpg
Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 190

@MsStretch 

I swear Fitbit but, have piles of Charge HR's just standing by for my use.

They've sent me 3 new ones, haven't reached a full year of use for any of them.

I call they send out anew one. First, after a week. Second after 2 months, Third after 4 months. Reason I've started dismantling them.

But, we'll send you a new one model for only $50-90 bucks more,  sell or gift me one that lasts a full year we'll talk.

Snarky I'm living for right now, for $90 I can get an Apple 3 or 4, with better lifespan on battery.

I'm not being particularly abusive to the watches, my Timex keeps slogging away. My Waltham also still works after 100+ years.

If they want to send me new model , it's on their dime. First 2 were gifts, last 3 were replacements. Ball is in their court, my agitation with brand growing exponentially. I think I my be peeved.

If I sold stuff this cr*ppy I'd be tossed on the skip already. 

Need to have semi-smart to know which calls to ignore outright vs digging in my pocket for phone. The only good thing about liking for Fitbit at moment is I see flash of spam on display when unknown robocalls hit my inbox, courtesy of last update to iPhone.

Time to play with bread kneading.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 190

@Frozenoem, sounds like my sleep schedule.  5 - 6 hrs.  Same schedule too! 😁 My Fitbit usually puts me in the Fair zone.  Sometimes I rate a Good.  My deep sleep is generally sparse. 🙁

Speaking of Fitbits, I am on my 3rd one.  They say eventually the batteries wear out like batteries will, and better to just get new one.  My Fitbit One and Alta are obsolete now, anyway.  The One bit the dust long ago, absolutely would not charge and the Alta still charges, so I have back-up in a pinch.  Got an Inspire HR.  Don't really want to wear a mini-phone screen on my wrist, so the sleeker & thinner the better.

Had to make emergency run to convenience store.  In.  Out.  No lollygagging.  Wearing my face covering as strongly recommended by the CDC.  The cashier was behind plexiglass, but I did not see another soul with face covered!  😮  Really?!  Sorta rude actually, since the purpose is to protect other peeps from your germs.  As I was headed out in parking lot, I saw one person with face mask heading inside from the pumps. only the mask was below his nose.  I can only assume he was going to pull it up when he entered the store. 

Ah, not really trying to be snarky.  Nice sunny mild day, time to walk with cats and chill.

🚶‍♀️ 🐈🐈🐈🐈

Tags (3)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 190

@LydiaN586309 

Sleep would appeal to me at this stage falling into old habits of up all night (grave yard shifts).

Bed by 4am, up by 10am - why?

Thanks for reminding me to take my handful this noon, with food.

Seeing more grass substance in yard, with maybe 3' of snow remaining in piles. Might officially hit road construction season mid month, after state ends shutdown. I hope!

Saturday I managed 1.2 miles on road, saw one other who had escaped isolation in a town of 750. Distance was kept .

My Fitbit sometimes works, more often not. Have replaced battery pack once, from spare. Service or replacement just don't know at this point. Guess who else is closed🤣.

Note: if they stop charging, ignore for a week then try again.

I've reset yes, reset no, wall wart, battery pack, no rhyme or reason to charging woes. Or why stairs no longer are counted. Think I do now know why 8 were at transfer station. "Charge HR", still holding out hopes for Apple5 at dump.

Feel like making bread, something to use in a 4lb. Meatloaf which means ai forgot to subdivide the container before freezing.

Time to play where else but, woodshed. It's movement and that's required. Enjoy.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 190

Good morning, Porch Peepers!

Are y'all there?

It's early Sunday morning and I've been awake since about 3am.  Even though I rose super early, I have to admit that I went to bed just after the sun set last night.  My intent was to stretch out, relax, and binge watch Chicago PD.  But that intention went south and before I knew it, I was sound asleep.  And it (that sleep) was goooood!!!

So since being up, I've done a load of laundry and walked a little over a half a mile on my treadmill and I listened to some unfamiliar radio talk show while doing both.  At round 5am, I began hearing the waking birds chirping and cawing outside.  So I turned the off the noise of the radio and TV and in the quiet; I happily listened. 

At 6 o'clock, I took my meds and a hand full of my daily cocktail of vitamins and minerals.  I followed that up with a mini breakfast which included a hot, hot cup of chicken boullion.  (Don't judge!)  Smile.

I haven't turned on any news yet.  I just don't want to hear about you know what.  Not just yet.  I just want to slowly work my way into the dawn of this new day--to enjoy it and the peace.

Anyway, today is my last full day off from work.  Tomorrow I have to go back to the daily grind (work).  But this little foretaste of retirement makes that dream all the more enticing.  For once retired, I dream of trips I'll finally have time to take and days of doing whatever I wish including doing absolutely nothing at all. But for now, I hope and pray daily that we all can survive this dark time and live to be able to freely pursue life again.

In the meantime, the words from this wonderful song just came to mind...

Here goes...

or listen...

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube++I+hope+you%27ll+dance&docid=607997202121427062&mid=8F5...

Take care Peepers.  Be blessed.  Be strong.  Stay safe.  Godspeed.

Lydia

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 190

91974189_10158777164229523_354395120440705024_n.png

Evening everyone here on the Front Porch on this first Saturday of April, 2020.

Well so far it has it has been quiet weekend here in the "Made City As We Are Often Called"!

I was able to get outside today while it was sunny to catch a couple of pictures of some flowers starting to stick their noses out of the ground. I am also including a picture of the tulips in bloom a couple of years ago.  

Hoping everyone has a restful evening and a great mug of coffee tomorrow morning!

91633680_10221537817654601_5919529123704733696_o.jpgFB_IMG_1491681105168.jpg184207.jpg

13123122_10208987512824824_7500364066370576675_o.jpg

65319382_2158933907566933_4098248289080573952_n.jpg240830-Good-Morning-Have-A-Fabulous-Day-Have-A-Happy-Happy-Sunday.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit