Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! MARCH-APRIL 2020

Message 11 of 190

@n566192l ...I cannot find any Lysol or Chlorox wipes or sprays. The last bid on Ebay for a container of 80 Lysol wipes was around $154.00.

OMG, PLEASE!!!! I hope you were joking about following any medical advice that POTUS gives. Some people are taking his word for truth which it is NOT! Lysol is not to be used internally!  The CDC has had to quash all this misinformation that he is spewing.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted

Message 12 of 190

GREETINGS, 

Anyone  have any  luck  with  ordering  Lysol  products.  I  can't  find  any  in any  store. I  know that  President  Trump,  said  we should  drink  or whatever  Lysol products.  I  went  on AMAZON, And  for 4 bottles of  Lysol  spray the  cost was $88.00. I  think  we are ALL  GOING  TO  NEED  A  STIMULUS CHECK,  JUST  FOR  LYSOL PRODUCTS.  HOPE  EVERYONE  IS  DOING  WELL AND IS SAFE.  REMEMBER,  LAUGHTER  IS  GOOD  FOR  THE  SOUL. 

Highlighted

Message 13 of 190

@LaDolceVita, you can get a tattoo and get your nails done, but you still can't go pick up a book?  

Neighbor ordered masks over a month ago from Amazon (even before CDC recommended face coverings) and got notice it was delivered a couple of days ago.  However, it was not.  (Unless the furkids carried it off to use them, since cats are also at risk.)  Amazon said they will refund; apparently, new shipment was not an option at this time.

Congrats to our featured ACE!  😉 

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 190

@LaDolceVita 

Everything tastes better with age in the land of alcoholic beverages. Smoother🤣 . Including even Apple Jack, unpasteurized pure Apple Juice.

Better than hard cider with a higher proof😎. Country style happiness in New England and Canada without any distilling by heat involved, just cold temperatures🤣.

Probably more than a few Hermits still in the woods of Maine, always will be. He merely got caught/found. 

17.6 Million acres more or less, with more moose, bear, wolves than humans.

There was a movie in the 90's perhaps about a cafe, The Spitfire Grill set in Gilead , Maine and another hermit who survived Vietnam.

Time to play outside it's warm today, Sunday-Monday we're getting a cold snap and 8" of you guessed it, snow coming.

@DaveMcK 

Coronavirus seems to be racing through most branches of military and VA as well. Courtesy of num T, have been reading stripes.com and other online military sites.

Another 4-700 positive, stationed outconus.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Highlighted

Message 15 of 190

@MsStretch   Doctor's office actually called me to schedule annual exam.  They are probably very slow.  Yes, I too was questioned about health & told to bring a mask.  I have my 3M mask but it is rather cumbersome.  Plenty of masks on Amazon with bad ratings.   Appointment is not until June, maybe I will find something  lighter  by then.   Library is not yet open, I am anxious to get the book I ordered over 1 month ago.   That is my only planned outing other than the weekly grocery store trip. 

@Frozenoem  Jack Daniels from 1960?   It gets better with time?   BTW, sellers on Amazon did not raise the used book price on Stranger in the Woods  so I will finally get to read it.  

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! MARCH-APRIL 2020

Message 16 of 190

Good morning to everyone at the Front Porch on this Friday in April 2020!

Today I think all of us should salute our military helping to fight an enemy that has invaded our homeland. 

Coronavirus takes toll on US military as it tries to aid civilians

CNN | 10:10 AM, Fri Apr 24 2020
National-Guard-Joane-Mathews-speaks-to-troops-March-12-2020-1024x576.jpg

WASHINGTON (AP) — The coronavirus is taking a growing toll on the U.S. military, and   commanders and senior officials are bracing for worse. From nuclear missile fields at home  to war zones abroad, from flight lines to ships at sea, the Pentagon is striving to   shield vital missions even as it faces urgent calls for help on the civilian front.

More than 10,000 Air and Army National Guard troops are helping with the coronavirus   response. (Source: Department of Defense/CNN)

Training exercises big and small, including one of the largest in Europe since the end of the   Cold War, have been curtailed. Army recruiting stations have closed. Troops around the   globe are hunkering down to confront an enemy unlike anything the world's most lethal   armed forces have encountered before.

“It's unprecedented in my lifetime,” Defense Secretary Mark Esper said, adding that he believes that “in a period of months” the worst will be over and the force will once again be “fully mission capable.”

Until then, the ramifications of COVID-19 for the military are likely to expand. 

On behalf of the ARRP Front Porch members.

Thank You to all of those that are serving our nation and bringing us closer to the days of   the New Normal!

mugs.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 190

Wednesday Earth Day watching a Michael Moore Movie on YouTube, "Planet of the Humans", full documentary.

Planet of the Humans 

Watched Stephen Colbert and Michael on his show last night, while trying to maintain sanity. Needed Everytime I hear T speak.

Guilty I'm an old earth crunchy, log cabin to house and burn wood. With oil tanked prices turned on furnace last night to 72, turned down overnight.

Found an old photo of my log cabin and me, before I discovered mountains are much warmer than coast, if it posts.

I still hate heights and ladders, give me a cherry picker and safety harness I'm good.

8755D881-5AED-489C-B16E-E82E5A51B8B6.jpeg

This morning our snow of night disappeared, presently 30* wind chill with 35mph gusts, around 18* and really feels like it.

@catwoman500 

Here most all showrooms are closed, on line shopping, questions to salesmen working from home, same for financing. Service open with masks, gloves, wipe downs and clean warm waiting rooms. New or used vehicles.

@n566192l 

Really hear you on your uncle and assisted living centers. Can't offer suggestions other than a caretaker and staying in his own house. I'm hitting the delicate age, and won't have answers until June🤬 so, still wondering about my own housing options for future life plans.

@LydiaN586309 

My cousin Angus the Newfie did snap last night, went full Scot mode on me, barely understood anything he said. So, yeah, ginger snap works 🤣

@LaDolceVita 

Overabundance of pork products might be due to  Smithfield and now Tyson Pork products and positive tested line workers testing positive for Covid-19. Welcome to the time of T, relaxing food, pollution, as nauseum testing for putting to much of a strain on corporations.🤬

I'm using sealed wax paper, and parchment paper from camp, vintage 1970, and Jack Daniels from 1960 also from camp.🤣

Booze was found in walls, from logging camp days, kept in bomb case from WW2. Stuff never goes bad👍.

@MsStretch 

The best we can all do, for the moment is vote, and hope Gaia removes this problem. Although I don't know?

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Highlighted

Message 18 of 190

@catwoman500, Virginia remains under stay-at-home orders until June 10 even though most business restrictions will lift on May 8.  Yesterday, I got confirmation of an ophthalmologist appointment that was postponed to 4/28 from last month.  It's for a YAG to clear a cloudy cataract replacement.  Got asked the normal COVID-19 questions and was told I would be required to wear a mask; in other words, bring my own.  Restrictions on certain non-emergency medical procedures have been lifted.  I am still leery and apprehensive, but the vision in my L eye has really degraded.

@LaDolceVita, Be careful.  I've been hearing about Georgia and it concerns me they are relaxing restrictions.  GA is about 2 weeks behind VA in projections which in turn, is a little over a week behind PA.

@n566192l, I wish I had some words of wisdom for you with your Uncle Dan.  For sure, our world has been turned upside down when making normal logical decisions (like placing someone in an assisted-living facility) seem totally illogical.

Be patient, everyone, and use your own common sense (even in the seeming lack of the latter in others).  The last thing any of us want to see is a resurgence.

Highlighted

Message 19 of 190

Hi folks.  I did my weekly grocery run this morning.  Every worker was wearing a mask, not the case last Wednesday.  Not very many people in the store either.  Still low on odds and ends.  They had no dry legumes for awhile, now it is rice, available only in small quantities and at a higher than normal price.  I cannot find a new roll of waxed paper for some reason.  Will have to try another store I guess.  They had lots of pork which was surprizing but not a lot of beef.  Prices for out of season fruits are quite high.   Anyway, that is my assessment of the grocery store situation in NW Ga.

Hair salons, gyms and bowling alleys can reopen this Friday, the 24th.  County offices will probably stay shut till May 13.  Lots of warnings  about thesecond wave headed our way next flu season.  I just read over the 3 month overview of how this virus  played out.  In two words, incredibly fast.

3 month covid timeline 

@n566192l   Yes, very scary about moving your uncle.   I think we are just now finding out how pooerly senior homes have fared.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 190

Good morning, Peepers!

Last week was long, long, long.  Work has been stressful.  Not enough down time.  Thing is, I really got used to not being there during my two week hiatus.  But enough with the complaining.  Gotta do what I gotta do!

Anyway, I've been feening for some ginger snaps. And

even though I like to make store trips only one time a week, I think I gotta head over to Dollar General and pick up a few bags (meaning more than two) of snaps today.  Yeah, I gotta get it done!  Yum!

Just a question. Big toothy grin!

And of course, what goes with ginger snaps?  Well, yes, ice cold milk.  But I was thinking more in terms of a hot, well creamed and sugared mugga java! 

Ummm, mmm good!

While drinking coffee, I found myself thinking about our first responders and other front-line folks. So let's remember the many other essential folks like grocery store employees, restaurant workers, and our beloved neighborhood baristas. 

I'm thankful for all those good people who, like me, would prefer to stay home and be safe, but have to go out to help keep the rest of us and the country...up and running.  Heros indeed!

Peepers, stay safe and stay healthy!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users