Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! JANUARY-FEBRUARY 2019

Message 201 of 253

Frozenoem,

Great news 👍.  I still have 2 more boxes to ship to you. Just send me a PM of wants or needs, with in reason of course. Lol. Not like Elmer j fudd I want a mansion and a yacht. I have ALL KINDS OF stuff here with no home. Unfortunately, I have had more response to my request. I had to take the donations over to  Fort Monmouth for storage. I did contact my local food banks and ASPCA , Churches. Hope everyone reminds save and there's no power outage. Nancy

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 202 of 253

Good morning, Our Front Porchers!

Chicken Little was right.  The sky has fallen and brought a ton of snow with it! Yep, it snowed last night, this morning, and still's snow right now.  My "dusting" has become a winter wonderland and the Corn Flake sized snow crystals have heavily layered my pine tree and front bushes like thick cream cheese frosting on carrot cake. (Ummmm. Yum!  But I digress.)  So this will be day two of my self-imposed hibernation.  At least I have plenty of logs for the fireplace,  a pantry full of grub,  and I have to admit, watching the snowfall from the my big picture window....it is quite lovely--picturesque in fact.

Okay everybody, stay warm and stay safe!  

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 203 of 253

Good Afternoon, Porch Peeps!

@LaDolceVita...Re: clearing the car...what Froze said. Cat Happy

Plus, if I had wanted to go anywhere yesterday it's a law that our cars be clear of snow for exactly the reason Froze mentioned...an ice slide coming from the car/truck in front of you is so dangerous!

Waiting for the snow here, too. They say around 4 PM it will start. My street is so clear of cars it's almost funny. All the worker bees must be out shopping.

A friend said the forecast for here is not as bad as it was, so I'm hoping she's right.

Keeping fingers crossed. Might make extra coffee later today for tomorrow. Even if I have to drink it cold, it's better than none at all. Cat Wink

Again...stay safe! N.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 204 of 253

Hi all,

Brisk 5* in Maine, snow starts tonight, here!

@LaDolceVita

Clearing snow off vehicles keeeps unpleasant shifts of snow off roof to impede view OR keeps it from becoming one with vehicle until Spring.

Prestone de-icer or a broom while still brush-able. Always preferred broom to de-over or worse that semi- that didn’t clear roof of trailer and 4’ falling onto my windshield x 52’.

@n566192l

Package is at PO, will pick up on Tuesday with luck. Thanx.

Gotta love living in the snowbelt, next to 15 ski slopes.

Need supplies.

Enjoy all.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 205 of 253

@catwoman500  Reading your post I am wondering why you are going out to clear your car of snow when you are expecting more?  Have I been living too long in the warm south  (all of my adult life) and just dont understand these things Woman Embarassed

Stay safe and warm folks.  We had snow and ice twice last winter and lost power which was pretty hard one me.  Thankfully it happened before mom's stroke and it was just the inconvenience of no water (we have a well)  and the cold.  We would be in a pickle now as she is an invalid on oxygen with a hospital bed.

@Frozenoem  I see that you walked in drooly boots on snow and you did not fall.  Hope you stay upright especially when outside!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 206 of 253

Frozenoem,

I called the post office to try to track your package. The phone message just keeps looping, I am unable to speak to an agent. I am PM you the information. I am sure you are much better at this than I am. 

Nancy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 207 of 253

Good Afternoon, All,

Looks like there will be a window to get some things done from now until tomorrow afternoon. Of course every crazy person in the world will be out there buying up everything that stands still. Then it looks like all kinds of "H-E- double hockey sticks" will break loose starting late tomorrow afternoon. It did snow a bit overnight and I'm going to go out soon and clear the car of what's left on it. I did get the spike thing for my cane and I'll probably put on the ice grippers just for added steadiness on the driveway.

We are supposed to get snow and freezing rain and then back to snow and then a deep drop in temps for a freeze over. This does not bode well for the power lines. My biggest fear is losing power. I just hate the cold.

Hoping everyone stays safe and warm this weekend. N.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 208 of 253

I guess I spoke too soon.  Yesterday, I was celebrating how wrong the weatherman had been.  Well, finally last night he got it right!  Snow fell.  Not much. But enough to keep me inside for the day.  Now, if his further predictions come to pass,  we will be waking up with 4-8 more inches tomorrow morning. Ugh!  I really thought winter's worst would pass us by this year.  But we'll see what comes. It's 31 degrees right now.  Feels like it's more like 22*.  80% chance of snow over night. The snow that fell last night is still on the ground.  Doesn't look like it's going anywhere this time.  Chicken Little is pacing outside my kitchen window.  Yep, the sky is falling!

Nancy,  I love to hear about all you do to help others.  Dogs  and  people are equal opportunity recipients of your caring heart.  You are an inspiration. Be well and stay strong. God bless!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 209 of 253

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! 

@n566192l Thank you for all you are doing for our deployed members of the service. Also good to hear that Fort Monmouth is available for a place to provide space to house donations for those that have been furloughed from their jobs. Fort Monmouth was my home in 1968 when I was stationed there.

There is a Federal Prison not far from here that has workers there trying to figure out how they will be able to pay their rent and feed their families like many other places. 

It will be very interesting to see how this all plays out.

FB_IMG_1540150418761.jpgFB_IMG_1543595825297.jpgFB_IMG_1534553299793.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 210 of 253

Frozenoem,

Well, I only mailed one of three boxes to you. UPS just called to inform me of the other 2. Glad someone keeps track of me. I will get them to you as soon as possible. Anyway, this is funny, so happy someone else is taking care of the donations over here.  As far as staying inside, not a problem. I am boxed in. More donations arrived while I went for gas. 

Nancy

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season