Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Funny Stories and Life Experiences

Message 81 of 157

A reminder that there is one word in the English language that can be a noun, verb, adjective, adverb and preposition.

UP

This two-letter word in English has more meanings than any other two-letter word, and that word is 'UP'. It is listed in the dictionary as an [adv.], [prep.], [adj.], [n] or [v].

It's easy to understandUP, meaning toward the sky or at the top of the list, but when we awaken in the morning, why do we wakeUP?

At a meeting, why does a topic comeUP? Why do we speakUP, and why are the officersUPfor election and why is itUPto the secretary to writeUPa report? We callUPour friends, brightenUPa room, polishUPthe silver, warmUPthe leftovers and cleanUPthe kitchen. We lockUPthe house and fixUPthe old car.

At other times, this little word has real special meaning. People stirUPtrouble, lineUPfor tickets, workUPan appetite, and thinkUPexcuses.

To be dressed is one thing but to be dressedUPis special.

And thisUPis confusing: A drain must be openedUP because it is stoppedUP.

We openUPa store in the morning but we close itUPat night. We seem to be pretty mixedUP aboutUP!

To be knowledgeable about the proper uses ofUP, lookUPthe wordUPin the dictionary. In a desk-sized dictionary, it takesUPalmost 1/4 of the page and can addUPto about thirty definitions.

If you areUPto it, you might try buildingUPa list of the many waysUPis used. It will takeUPa lot of your time, but if you don't giveUP, you may windUPwith a hundred or more.

When it threatens to rain, we say it is cloudingUP. When the sun comes out, we say it is clearingUP. When it rains, the earth soaks itUP. When it does not rain for a while, things dryUP. One could go on and on, but I'll wrap itUP, for now . . . my time isUP!

Oh . . . one more thing: What is the first thing you do in the morning and the last thing you do at night?

U

P!

Did that one crack youUP?

Don't screwUP. Send this on to everyone you lookUPin your address book . . or not . . . it'sUPto you.

Now I'll shutUP

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 157

Do not drink and bike!

FB_IMG_1547045178273.jpg

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 157

Do not drink and bike!

FB_IMG_1547045178273.jpg

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 157

New years! 

FB_IMG_1546712288622.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 157

What I'm about to share here is not a "funny story."  No, there are no laughs in it.   This writing is about life experiences which have made all too real to me the value of life and love.

To be truthful, I already knew this before this year.  But my "knowing" was a head knowledge thing.  You see the full reality of it came to the fore as I experienced it for real.  And this is what I learned this year for sure:

There is no job, no amount of money, no mass of possessions, no houses or lands, or any other "thing" that can take the place of good health or a true love lost.  For who would not pay any amount of money or trade whatever possessions they had to gain a healthy body and to be able to live a life in full health?  And which one of us would not return every bit of inheritance or life insurance benefit, in exchange for the return of the one who departed this life while holding our heart and undying love tightly in the essence of their being? And we...vice versa?

So what I am saying is live and love with everything you are and have.  Take care of you (your body/health)  and  love whomever you have been blessed to love so that they know beyond any doubt that you are "together" committed and entwined as one in a love that is unshakable even unto death itself.  Even unto death itself!

LIVE LIFE AS IF IT WILL NEVER END!

LOVE WITHOUT CEASING!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 157

A poem about Nurses!

FB_IMG_1544302889880.jpg