Take a look at aging around the world in 'A New Age,' a special report by AARP and Magnum Photos.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Silver Sneakers

Message 41 of 64

I am very disappointed that Silver Snekers is not being honored by AARP United Health Care services. Shame on you, we seniors need more help, not less

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 64

I've noticed that about fifty people a day are viewing this topic on Silver Sneakers.  If you desire AARP to take action on reinstating Silver Sneakers with UHC insurance then please add your own post on this.  The more AARP sees that this matters to members the more likely they will react.  Just click reply. You will see the very first posting on this subject from a few years ago.  Don't let that concern you; your reply will come up as the next one on the current Silver Sneakers subject.  You will have to sign in to AARP to complete your reply.  It is not that difficult.  Please reply.  One reply a day won't make that much of an impression, but if the fifty viewers a day each posted then it will make a statement.  Thank you and have a Happy, Healthy, Holidays.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 64

I too missed the September notice of the dropping of Silver Sneakers from AARP UHC plans.  I just received UHC's December letter and am very dissapointed with AARP allowing this to happen for us Ohio members.  I of course am very dissapointed that AARP approved of UHC doing this.  Shows how very little they think of members and us seniors.  I will start to question any of AARP's future policies and are they a benifit for seniors or just AARP's finances. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 64

I too am very disappointed in Aarp United Healthcare discontinuing the Silver Sneakers Program.  Silver Sneakers is one of the advantages I looked forward to when signing up for this Supplemental Insurance Plan. I will be looking for a different insurance next year when enrollment opens again.  Sorry to find out seniors health fitness is not important to your company.  

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

AARP, are you really listening?

Message 45 of 64

"Listening To You

Input from AARP's diverse membership shapes everything we do as an organization."

Okay AARP, by now you have heard enough from us on this issue, so if your mission guideline (above) is really true, it's time for you to act!!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 64

I missed the announcement about SilverSneakers back in September.  Sad to see that your dropping SilverSneakers, I joined this about 2 months ago and joined a Gym under the program.  Now I see this will be dropped and no longer offered.  The options left are not good and makes we wonder why I signed up for Health Care through AARP, maybe it's time to go to another provider.  Kinda sneaky how this was announced. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 64

If a couple is in good health the Silver Sneakers benefit is very rewarding, not just to a persons health and financial health but also to the lower financial costs of the Insurance Company providing this benefit.

AARP and United Healthcare are really showing a true lack of concern for customers by removing this Silver Sneaker benefit. This program has now been replaced by a "special program offer of 50% off the monthly membership retail rate" at a very few and non-beneficail locations. This is just AARP & UHC "blowing smoke" into the customers (add your own thought here) by misdirection. If a "couple" both recieve 50% off,,, well that's not much different from paying 100% which is comparable to a normal family membership cost.

We signed up for AARP-UHC this November 2018 due to being told that the Silver Sneakers program was available. I guess it was, but not for long.

We'll be another pair of Retiree's that will be dumping AARP & UHC next enrollment just like I suspect several thousand current customers will be. I've read that Blue Cross & Cigna both currently provide Silver Sneakers so that's where we'll be shopping.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 64

I am not happy with AARP and United Healthcare to drop Silversneakers for 2019.   One of the main reasons I signed up for AARP and United Healthcare is I believed they cared about the health of seniors.  Taking this benefit away is devastating.  

What can we do to make sure our voice is heard about this specific topic???    

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 64

I agree!  I'm meeting with my rep next week.  Was signing up with AARP.  Now, I'm not sure!  I use my Silver Sneakers program a lot!  So disappointed in this decision if it is true.  Now I have to rethink what insurance to go with!  Seniors should NOT have to deal with all this crap.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 64

We will be switching next year in the open enrollment period.  This is a dumb mistake by United and their marketing arm AARP.  After just a basic medicare supplement insurance - which is the same from all vendors - the silver sneakers program was the only reason to even talk to AARP.  Next year - gone. 

Kudos
Views