Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Silver Sneakers being droped by AARP recommended insurer

Message 181 of 651

Everyone needs to write a letter to UHC, since they don't have an email address and let them know of our extreme dissappointment!!!

United Health Care

POBox 30607

Salt Lake City, Utah   84130-0607

Flood them with letters!!!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 182 of 651

The main reason I joined AARP was to prevent exactly what is happening, a business wants to make more money so they cut benefits and raise prices. So UHC thinks they will make more money and they don't care that many of their customers will be denied a valuable health benefit as well as the benefit that many derive from the social contact. I realize not everyone uses Silver Sneakers, but many people do. Just in my small town there are over 800 memebers loosing their Silver Sneakers benefits. Our only option is to join a much smaller gym and pay for the privilege. But if you expect any better treatment from UHC you must be new around here.

However, AARP is a different story. They are supposed to protect us and champion our causes. So what did they do to protect us in this situation - nothing. They must realize that this move will result in the degradation of their members health and well being. Yet no action was taken, only the lame excuse that "we didn't cut your benefits, UHC did". Yes, but you have done little to stop this injustice. Oh wait, you do derive substantial financial benefits from endorsing UHC insurance. Now I get it. You view us members as a source of money, not as people to be protected. And the joke is on us, we pay for that privilege. 

Well don't count on that revenue stream from me in the future. I can be taken advantage of without your help.

dcobb
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 183 of 651
Did you try Humana? I was able to beat UHC rate by $50 and they have silver sneakers.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 184 of 651

I was unable to switch insurance companies for a reasonable price do to some health issues.The qoute after underwritting from BCBS was $90 more than I was paying.

I did inquired at several heath clubs in the phoenix area to see what the offers are for this 50% off deal. LA fitness qouted $22 month (normal rate is $30). I'm not a genius but I know $22 is not 50% of $30. EOS fitness did not have any details about the offer even with the confirmation code and letter from AARP/UHC.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 185 of 651

First of all “dropped” is spelled with two “P’s”.   Secondly, what a bummer!   I became eligible for Medicare, July 2018.  I joined AARP because the United Healthcare Plan I selected was cost effective as a member.  I also use Silver Sneakers program, which is one of the reasons I chose this particular plan.  Why was there no mention of SS being dropped at that time?   One would think that having recently enrolled, AARP and/or UHC would have grandfathered a complete year.   Once again, greed over what is right wins.  So disappointing.

I am so thoroughly disgusted with AARP.   Please someone explain what this organization does?   Drug prices go through the roof, yet they say they were successful in keeping costs down.   I can get discounts on things I never use.  Now the one thing that I truly use and helps me is taken away!

I will not be renewing my AARP membership, nor will I renew my United Healthcare plan.   I know I’m only a drop in the bucket to them.  They will keep sucking the dolllars out of others pockets.   

I’m reminded of a quote from a movie, “I’m sick and tired and I’m not going to take it anymore!”   You know how to get AARP and UHC to listen?  Take their money away!

Happy 2019 all.  Thanks for giving me the soapbox.

Ciao.......

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 186 of 651

Everyone needs to write a letter to UHC, since they don't have an email address and let them know of our extreme dissappointment!!!

United Health Care

POBox 30607

Salt Lake City, Utah   84130-0607

Flood them with letters!!!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 187 of 651

AARP has made a bad decision. I will not join AARP again and will use United Healthcare again. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 188 of 651

This is so very typical.  My premium increased $28.00 a month for 2019 and you drop Silver Sneakers.  Take it to the bank I will be changing plans in the very near future.  We will also be discontinuing our AARP Membership that we have been part of for the past 18 years.  So very disappointed in AARP United Healthcare...

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 189 of 651

That only works for the Advantage plan....not the standard Medicare supplement plan by UHC>

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 190 of 651

But don't you have to pay 50% of the membership?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors