Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Renew Active

Do all companies provide Renew Active with Plan G Medigap Insurance?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

NO- not by brand name - Renew Active is the registered name fitness program for United Healthcare - other Medicare plan insurers use different ones or their own trademarked name.

AND you have to buy a plan which has this benefit specifically covered - not all UHC MediGAP plan Gโ€™s contain extra benefits.  They are only federally mandated to cover the things that are stipulated as Medicare coverage - and fitness isnโ€™t one of them - it would be extra.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@GailL1 @MaryH996914 

My plan has Silver and Fit. I have never used it. I spend most of my time at The Crossover in Cedar Park, Texas ice skating. The Crossover offers a lot of other sport activities too.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@cat0w 

IceSkating is good exercise but I doubt any of these fitness programs cover it specifically 

Yes, Silver and Fit is another Medicare fitness program but think it might only be available with some Medicare Advantage plans - donโ€™t know about any Medigap plans that may have Silver and Fit as an extra benefit.

There are tons of them -just to name a few.  Each has their own rules and fitness programs and providers - 

• Renew Active(R)
  • Silver & Fit(R)
  • Silver Sneakers(R)
  • OnePass(TM)
  • FitON(R)

Everybody just read your policy (contract) if itโ€™s included it will be there by name with all the criteria for use and any limiting disclosures.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

What do you mean by Renew Active?

My Medicare Advantage plan automatically renews every year. For it to renew I don't have to do anything. I receive all the information about changes several months before renewal is to take place giving me time to decide what I want to do. I like my plan and have had it for a long time. I live in Central Texas and have Baylor Scott and White advantage. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP