The AARP Fraud Resource Center can help you spot and avoid common scams. Visit today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Optum RX - STAY AWAY

Message 21 of 47

😩 bad idea here but i like readimg these. I am an advocate with optumrx. I read these so i can anonymously send management tickets on what wr can do better. I agree with some of this. But pricing wise please know we get prices from the insurance and they tell us what youll pay. Just know im here to express these concerns! Im so so sorry yall were not treated right!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 47

Im so sorry you had to deal with this. Please be advised that they arent aware of pricing until the order is booked or price check is ran. Its all based off insurance and when the evaluate meds. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 47

Hi, I'm Greg and have been disabled since 2012. I had no other but to use SSDI due to moving from N.Y. to S.D. and osing my Health Ins. and clould not pay enough to get another company to pick me up. I wasn't even able to join S.D. risk pool due to prior condition ( L-4,L-5 ) fusion. I have so many problems here with the system here and recently presciption refills even with prior auths. I only last week found out from a Nurse trying to help me have my regular medications refilled that OptumRx is contracted by S.D. for mdication refills. I'm stepping into a huge mess at the moment because there is no accountability from anyone. Social Security is stone walling me as well as this " company" .I have only now also found an Advocacy group out here but they seem unsure as they have " never heard " of what's going on. This term is all I seem to hear.

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 47

I agree. Not ONLY the credit card issue, there are soooo many other issues. Here is a review I wrote today on Yelp.

===

It will be with GREAT HAPPINESS when my year with OptumRx is done. They are the WORST PBM I have ever had to deal with. Their customer services reps are rude, condescending, do not understand customer service, and SPEW POLICY. Anytime a company has to cite, lecture and preach policy, it means they have NO CONCEPT of customer service.

Please understand, I worked in operations, sales, marketing, account services, etc. Within healthcare INCLUDING managing call centers. I also understand EOB, EOC, SPD, and as a member services supervisor I had to understand HUNDREDS OF PAGES of policy. Then HUNDREDS of different customer plans.

I am so thoroughly DISGUSTED with this PBM. AND one of the reps when I asked if I was allowed to speak, she then said yes. Then she went on to tell me about MUTUAL respect on the call. Again, I managed call centers in various industries. I also managed the call center Technology. As well as manged telecommunications. I manged restaurants, I waited tables. I have worked front line positions. I have worked I retail. In other words, they believe I have NO CONCEPT of mutual respect. Then MANAGEMENT NEVER even contacted me when this company completed screwed up. NOTE: I also reported to VPs and interfaced and routinely worked with EVP and C level individuals.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 47
Absolutely correct! The GoodRX drug app even showed me where I could get my antibiotic for free on my own prescription just recently in November 2018.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 47

@timlay wrote:
You can't use good rx if your on Medicare/Medicaid.

Wrong.  There is no law that forces you to use insurance that you already have.  You just have to tell your pharmacist to use the GoodRx coupon instead of your insurance.  And, most amazingly, that coupon price can contribute toward your insurance deductible.  See

https://www.goodrx.com/blog/ways-to-beat-your-insurance-copay/

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 47
You can't use good rx if your on Medicare/Medicaid.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 47

I did a price check on 3 drugs with the new AARP Optumrx discount plan.  None were covered making the cost very high on each drug.  Don't bother signing up for this bogus savings plan.  The prices with goodrx are much better.  Check all of you presciption prices on the goodrx  website before purchasing.  On certain medications they have saved us from 10 to 30 dollars compared to the costs of the part D plan that we have.  The aarp optumrx plan had us paying up to $200 for the same pills goodrx had for around $10 to $20  I agree, stay away from the aarp optumrx plan and don't even bother.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 47

Upon SETUP of new account - the sign in page goes NO WHERE.

This is not trustworthy behavior for a site that requires passwords.

No Thank You.  AARP needs to take this program OFF their network recommendations.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 47

Be careful about storing your cc. They do not remove it after being asked to use only once. They store it and send you medications you didn't order or need. If a doctor sends in a refill, they automatically fill it whether you needed that refill then or not. This cost me $352 once when I had asked three times for them to NOT store my cc. My doctor was being proactive and put a new script on file. Optum filled it without asking, charged the cc they weren't supposed to have on file, and wouldn't allow me to return it. I went to my bank, cancelled the cc. and had them call Optum and get a rep on the line to discuss why they are able to use my cc without my permission. What a surprise! The rep was able to reverse the charges and let me return the medication. I think they do this to bill Medicare. Not enough people complain and they make money for drugs not needed or wanted. They also don't keep accurate records of relationship to the donut hole. So you may be paying more for your drugs because they say you are past the initial stage when you are not and increased costs apply which people don't argue with because their customer service is so bad. Again. Cheating Medicare for more dollars coming their way. BE VERY AFRAID OF OPTUM ONLINE

Kudos
Views