There's always more to discover with an AARP membership! Check out your member benefits.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Optum RX - STAY AWAY

Message 31 of 51
You can't use good rx if your on Medicare/Medicaid.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 51

I did a price check on 3 drugs with the new AARP Optumrx discount plan.  None were covered making the cost very high on each drug.  Don't bother signing up for this bogus savings plan.  The prices with goodrx are much better.  Check all of you presciption prices on the goodrx  website before purchasing.  On certain medications they have saved us from 10 to 30 dollars compared to the costs of the part D plan that we have.  The aarp optumrx plan had us paying up to $200 for the same pills goodrx had for around $10 to $20  I agree, stay away from the aarp optumrx plan and don't even bother.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 51

Upon SETUP of new account - the sign in page goes NO WHERE.

This is not trustworthy behavior for a site that requires passwords.

No Thank You.  AARP needs to take this program OFF their network recommendations.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 51

Be careful about storing your cc. They do not remove it after being asked to use only once. They store it and send you medications you didn't order or need. If a doctor sends in a refill, they automatically fill it whether you needed that refill then or not. This cost me $352 once when I had asked three times for them to NOT store my cc. My doctor was being proactive and put a new script on file. Optum filled it without asking, charged the cc they weren't supposed to have on file, and wouldn't allow me to return it. I went to my bank, cancelled the cc. and had them call Optum and get a rep on the line to discuss why they are able to use my cc without my permission. What a surprise! The rep was able to reverse the charges and let me return the medication. I think they do this to bill Medicare. Not enough people complain and they make money for drugs not needed or wanted. They also don't keep accurate records of relationship to the donut hole. So you may be paying more for your drugs because they say you are past the initial stage when you are not and increased costs apply which people don't argue with because their customer service is so bad. Again. Cheating Medicare for more dollars coming their way. BE VERY AFRAID OF OPTUM ONLINE

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 51

AMEN.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 51

This is the most inept service that I’ve ever seen.

I have been using them for about a year and I have been left without medication every time a refill was due.

I am done.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 51

Couldn't agree more!  Their website sux, I can't even log in.  I'll stick with GoodRx until this gets better...but I dooubt it will.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 51

Well, see that others are unhappy with OptumRx for one reason or another, I too have, long ago with another group been displeased, on more than one occassion, speaking with  Optum customer service (this excerpted from anothers reply-"called OptumRx to inquire and immediately found it difficult to communicate with a surly, impatient rep.").  Though it cost more, I am using my local pharmacy, a more pleasant, helpful and less burdensom business to deal with.

It is a shame to have to experience this as the on-line system is suppose to be more advantages for the customer-both courteous, helpful, and financially.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 51

I have the same problem with customer service reps insisting that there is no cc on file. It happens each and every time! Now, when I call I insist on staying on the line and waiting for however it takes for them to "miraculously" find the card. I would never call them if I could but each time I try to pay the monthly bill on the AARP it rejects me.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 51
And notice that on their site that lists your meds, always says "price not available". They should notify people when the new cost is different than what you paid the previous month. AARP won't try to help because UHG is their largest advertiser.
Kudos
Views