Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MEDICARE SUPPLEMENTAL INSURANCE MADE HARD

Message 11 of 12

You do not have to be enrolled in A and B to get a rate. Almost any agent will quote rates for you by phone and several agencies have online quote engines where you can see rates.

I know UHC does not allow their rates to be shown online but they certainly mail out enough material that has rates and apps. Your wife has probabaly already received numerous packages like this.

Our 33 year old daughter that does not live with us and hasn't for years still gets kits several times during open enrollment.

Bark less. Wag more.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

MEDICARE SUPPLEMENTAL INSURANCE MADE HARD

Message 12 of 12

Ok so here's my story

I'm 70 on Medicare Part A only because I get my Dr's and Rx's covered through my wifes Employer at zero cost

My wife is turning 65 in September and thinking about retiring

So I decide it's time we start trying to find out what our Healthcare Insurance is going to cost us once we are no longer covered under my wifes employers plan

I log onto AARP - follow the links to United Healthcare - look around online on their website and can't really understand the offerings or the costs

So I call the United Healthcare Phone Number and get some Agent on the phone who tells me - well I can't discuss with you any of the plans available to you or Quote you any costs until you sign up for Medicare Part B

Huh - I've got to start paying Hundreds of Dollars a month for Insurance I don't currently need and is more costly and offers less coverage and requires more hoops to jump through then what I'm already on - before I can even identify and plan a budget for my future healthcare costs?

SO AARP - PLEASE GIVE ME A BREAK WITH YOUR FAUX HEALTHCARE MADE EASY ADVICE FOR SENIORS AND YOUR PARTNERS AT UNITED HEALTHCARE!

IT'S BOGUS FALSE ADVERTISING

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies