Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Interesting Article on UHC dropping SS

Regular Contributor

Interesting Article on UHC dropping SS

I've been wondering how UHC's business was affected by dropping SS. Though this article doesn't give a number, it has some interesting comments- especially by Humana when they thought about dropping it...and changed their minds! Also indicated AARP is being affected as well. My health plan advisory service told me in November that they had already had over 600 customers switch because SS was dropped. I'm one of the many who switched to another provider, kept SS and saved money on the monthly cost. Thanks Anthem!

Kudos
Views
Replies
0 Kudos
Contributor

I'll be shopping for a new Medigap plan next open enrollment.

0 Kudos

There is no open enrollment period for Medigap plans, only for Medicare Advantage plans. People seem to confuse the two a lot even though they are significantly different.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@EllenW433699 wrote:

I'll be shopping for a new Medigap plan next open enrollment.

As has been stated over and over on this forum - you can switch Medigap plans anytime, Medigap plans are not included in the annual open enrollment

The annual open emrollment is ONLY for Medicare Advantage plans and Medicare Part D (Prescription Drug plans).

But  be careful when you try to switch to a different Medigap plan - there are both Federal and State rules that can affect whether or not you can get coverage or complete coverage and the amount you may have to pay for a new plan because underwriting might apply.

Know the rules,  Federal and your state - working with a knowledgable Medicare insurance agent might be beneficial.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Contributor

This is the first time I've logged into this forum, so I didn't know that - thank you for the information.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP