Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Aetna Medigap - Anyone Use This - Need Feedback

Honored Social Butterfly

Aetna Medigap - Anyone Use This - Need Feedback

Finally having to give up my wifes Outstanding Free BC/BS Platinum Health Insurance Provided Through Her Employer

We Live in NH & Aetna Offers the Most Competitive Pricing on Medigap Plan G

Never used any Aetna Products - Wondering if anyone has any useful info?

Thanks

Mick

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@mickstuder  WHICH Aetna Medigap carrier is CURRENTLY writing business in your area?

Aetna Health and Life

Continental Life

American Continental

Aetna (parent)

These carriers tend to rotate in and out of the state about every 3 years. When a carrier is "retired" the rates tend to increase at a higher clip than carriers that are actively writing new business.

Bark less. Wag more.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@somarco wrote:

@mickstuder  WHICH Aetna Medigap carrier is CURRENTLY writing business in your area?

Aetna Health and Life

Continental Life

American Continental

Aetna (parent)

These carriers tend to rotate in and out of the state about every 3 years. When a carrier is "retired" the rates tend to increase at a higher clip than carriers that are actively writing new business.

I Don't Know

This is what I've Received So Far - although I did ask this Aetna Rep and the Local State Medicare Service Center Rep - if Aetna had been in NH for long - they both said - Decade or more

Aetna Medicare Rx Select (PDP)

To join Aetna Medicare Rx Select (PDP), you must be entitled to Medicare Part A, and/or be enrolled in Medicare Part B, and live in our service area. Our service area includes the following state(s): Northern New England (NH, ME)

NOTICE TO APPLICANT REGARDING REPLACEMENT OF MEDICARE SUPPLEMENT INSURANCE OR MEDICARE ADVANTAGE Aetna Health and Life Insurance Company800 Crescent Centre Dr., Suite 200, Franklin, TN 37067SAVE THIS NOTICE! IT MAY BE IMPORTANT TO YOU IN THE FUTURE.

thanks for your Question

" )
" - Anonymous

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@mickstuder pretty sure Aetna spent some time in the CMS sandbox a few years ago. Could have been their MA plan or PDP. Don't recall. I know they were sanctioned more than once and were off the market for over a year.

Normal CMS suspension is 6 months.

Drug plans and MA change almost every year. If you don't like what you have you can always change during the next AEP.

Supplement plans are different.

Unless you live in a GI state you would have to qualify medically to change plans

I did ask this Aetna Rep and the Local State Medicare Service Center Rep - if Aetna had been in NH for long - they both said - Decade or more

This made me LOL.

When you don't know the answer offer BS. No one will ever know.

The Aetna subsidiaries listed in my earlier post have never stayed active in my home state for more than 3 years. Nothing unique. They do the same thing in the rest of the states.

Aetna Health & Life, the carrier you referenced, was here about 3 years before they left.

Bark less. Wag more.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@somarco wrote:

@mickstuder pretty sure Aetna spent some time in the CMS sandbox a few years ago. Could have been their MA plan or PDP. Don't recall. I know they were sanctioned more than once and were off the market for over a year.

Normal CMS suspension is 6 months.

Drug plans and MA change almost every year. If you don't like what you have you can always change during the next AEP.

Supplement plans are different.

Unless you live in a GI state you would have to qualify medically to change plans

I did ask this Aetna Rep and the Local State Medicare Service Center Rep - if Aetna had been in NH for long - they both said - Decade or more

This made me LOL.

When you don't know the answer offer BS. No one will ever know.

The Aetna subsidiaries listed in my earlier post have never stayed active in my home state for more than 3 years. Nothing unique. They do the same thing in the rest of the states.

Aetna Health & Life, the carrier you referenced, was here about 3 years before they left.

INTERMEDIATE SANCTION NOTICE

Aetna - MA-PDP in 2010 ......... nothing I can find any more recently

thanks

" )
" - Anonymous

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@mickstuder 

Aetna has been an insurer of Medicare Gap insurance (Supplemental) for a good long while.  Since this is just Gap insurance, Medicare takes the lead.  If Medicare pays, then your gap coverage pays as outlined in your choice of plan.  

Medicare even forwards your claim once they are finished with it onto your gap carrier so everything should be done in a timely manner once the provider submits it to Medicare and it is approved.

You should not have any problems - just make sure your providers take assignment and it should work just like clockwork.  

Are you having to pick up Part D too?

Wife retiring?  If so, have fun together.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@GailL1 wrote:

@mickstuder 

Aetna has been an insurer of Medicare Gap insurance (Supplemental) for a good long while.  Since this is just Gap insurance, Medicare takes the lead.  If Medicare pays, then your gap coverage pays as outlined in your choice of plan.  

Medicare even forwards your claim once they are finished with it onto your gap carrier so everything should be done in a timely manner once the provider submits it to Medicare and it is approved.

You should not have any problems - just make sure your providers take assignment and it should work just like clockwork.  

Are you having to pick up Part D too?

Wife retiring?  If so, have fun together.

Thanks Gail - Yes we are also taking the Plan D with Aetna - Niether Kathy or myself are on many Rx's & No High Test

Quotes are about $15/mo for Plan D

Buying a Travel Trailer and Exploring Our Beautiful Country

Thanks Again 

" )
" - Anonymous

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP