Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Auto Insurance Through Hartford

Contributor

AARP Auto Insurance Through Hartford

I am renewing my auto insurance.  My current company asked for a raise of 16%, when I have NEVER made a claim on auto insurance, and have no violations for the past 15 years.  I checked with the Hartford Insurance, based on the AARP claim that they could save me on "average" $500.  What a joke.  Hartford quoted several hundred dollars more than any other company.  AARP should reconsider their relationship with Hartford, based on advertising misrepresentation and inadequate and poor performance.  Also Hartford only writes for 6 months at a time; I prefer to pay once for a whole year.  Another deficiency.  C'mon AARP, Hartford is not in your outstanding league.

LA

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@LarryA244054 wrote:

I am renewing my auto insurance.  My current company asked for a raise of 16%, when I have NEVER made a claim on auto insurance, and have no violations for the past 15 years. 

Auto insurance is not just about one's driving record or claims history.  It is about protecting you & others and property - yours and whomever else's property might be involved -

Lots of things affect one's rate like the cost of vehicles, repairs of vehicles - yours or the other guys - of which these cost have escalated in both the new and used marketplace.  Repairs are also higher - salary cost as well as parts.  These things affect the premium rates of everybody.

Where one lives and their age also affects auto insurance rates as well as lots of other risk data.

@LarryA244054 wrote:

I checked with the Hartford Insurance, based on the AARP claim that they could save me on "average" $500.  What a joke.  Hartford quoted several hundred dollars more than any other company.  . . . .  . Also Hartford only writes for 6 months at a time; I prefer to pay once for a whole year.  Another deficiency.  C'mon AARP, Hartford is not in your outstanding league.

LA

Read the WHOLE Disclosure and Always read the footnotes too.

AARP commercial member benefits are provided by third parties, not by AARP or its affiliates. Providers pay a royalty fee to AARP for the use of its intellectual property. These fees are used for the general purposes of AARP. Some provider offers are subject to change and may have restrictions.

*Your savings may vary. Rate difference for AARP members and non-member vary by state and AARP membership tenure. †Terms and conditions apply. 

From the company - AARP Auto Insurance From The Hartford

Auto/Home discount is available only to policyholders who have both their auto and home (or condo or renters) insurance through the AARP Auto & Home Insurance Program from The Hartford. The Home product is not available in all areas, including the state of Florida.

Also you have to compare apples to apples - while it might be true that one might not want all the bells and whistles offered by one policy over another - that's what sets them apart from one another so these things have to be considered in the comparison and choice.

One might include things of importance to them such as these - others may not:

• Accident Forgiveness
  • Disappearing Deductible
  • New Car Replacement Coverage
  • Recovercare - Assistance After an Accident
  • Lifetime car repair assurance

and the list goes on -

ALL insurance is about need & coverage - and the premiums one pays should cover their needs and coverage - and everybody's needs and coverage are different.  

If one shops just by premium cost - the actual policy should be scrutinized to make sure that you are getting the coverage that you need otherwise, the premiums, no matter how high or low,  aren't a good value.

Just like you prefer annual coverage and payment - others may have another preference. 

Just your basic lesson in insurance -

MY DISCLOSURE - not an agent, not even a member of AARP - just an older person that has learned the ways of the world by history.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP