Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

67% INCREASE in The Hartford Auto Insurance Rates

Contributor

67% INCREASE in The Hartford Auto Insurance Rates

Two years ago, I switched to The Hartford and saved hundreds on car insurance. Told everyone I knew!  Second year, only had an increase of a couple dollars! Thrilled!  Told everyone and even got a couple people to get quotes.  Third year, rates went UP 67%!  Telling EVERYONE!  Called and got response that I live in California, cost of fixing cars has gone up due to technology, and medical insurance has gone up... no limit changes & my age, driving record (knock wood **) has nothing to do with it.  I don't mind a reasonable rate increase but 67%???  Gimme a break!  Bye!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@cigel 

Try not to hit any of those REAL EXPENSIVE CARS driving around in Ca.  - Actually that means most any car that is of the newer variety of whatever mode of propulsion.  Remember that insurance pays for damage you might cause (Liability).

Then there are all those folks who are UNinsured or UNDER-insured that your insurance has to pick up your coverage for if they can't pay.

Without you doing an analysis of what part of your auto coverage increased the most - you are just guessing.  Line by line.

It does help to shop around every few years - just remember to compare apples to apples.

Yes, age does affect the cost of auto coverage.  So does the area where you live as well as your credit worthiness.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Contributor

I know how insurance works.  67% increase after 1% increase year before is suspicious and people need to review policy before just auto pay.  btw AAA is $600 cheaper using exactly same parameters.  

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Yeah Cigel - I know what you are talking about.  About a year ago, I posted here how my Hartford insurance had gone up too much, so I was shopping around.  I ended up putting my Homeowners with State Farm and my cars with AAA.   I live in SoCal.  In the IE.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP