Gold Conversationalist

PENPALS

Please post a reply if you would like to be penpals.

thank-you-glitters-34.gif

Regular Contributor

Hi Jude,

I am so very sorry I lost contact with you. I had wrote you a letter and

put it in my draft file because I wanted to add more to it. I rarely go into

my draft file so it stayed there.

RA is difficult to deal with. I have osteoarthritis and that is painful even

with medication. I have friends that suffer with RA and I know the mental struggles. Mom is 93 and got RA only in her hands at 85 years old.

The doctors were baffled by this. One morning, she couldn't hold a

coffee cup any longer. She is doing good with her hands, meds can

do wonders today! Are you doing lots of swimming? It is so great you

have a pool and jacuzzi. I am 4 blocks from a pool in the retired community I live. I don't know if I'll be able to go though. I need a hip

replacement and it is just too painful right now.

You have such beautiful weather for gardening. May I ask what type 

of house you have? I have a 2 bedroom rancher. I love my house but it

needs work.  I am excited that I am getting it painted but that's not until

Sept. LOL It may take me that long to decide on the colors. I live in. a

gaited comm. So I can only have the house certain colors. Have to go to

the office to look at the color chart. I can live with the rules here but I

wish they would keep up with other retirement comm. and cut the grass

so shovel the snow. The association fee is only 77.00 a month so I guess

I shouldn't complain.

Take care of yourself Jude. If I don't hear from you in the next 5 minutes

I will understand. God Bless!

Aggie. (Agnes)

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi! 

I’m not Aggie but I am also a transplanted yankee, so thought I would speak up and introduce myself. I am Jude, living in TX, originally from Detroit. Looking to communicate with other seniors, newly widowed and trying to adjust to my new reality.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Jude,

I am in SE TN native but lived up north for a few years.  Detroit, Westland, and Taylor MI before moving to IN and then back home.  I am 72, disabled, retired truck driver, musician and songwriter.  Cant do much from this wheel chair so like you trying hard to adjust and make new friends.  My roomie lived in TX for quite a while and my granddaughter lives in the Waco area now.  Drummer i worked with lives in Edgewood just east of Dallas.  If you would like to correspond pls let me know.

Roger

Periodic Contributor

Hi, Roger,

Glad to meet you. My husband and I lived in Flat Rock before we moved here and I taught in the Southgate Schools. But Tim lost his job with Ford in late ‘80 and my sis and her hubby were in Houston so Tim came down and found a job in two weeks after 6 months  of nothing in Detroit. So of course, I followed him.  I like it in TX., wouldn't ever consider moving north of where I am. In 2000, I developed rheumatoid arthritis and even when our temps get into the 40’s I am really hurting. But as long as I keep busy and moving I am okay.  Water aerobics are really my thing as far as exercising goes. We put in an exercise pool a few years ago and I am in it every day. 

I would be happy to communicate with you about everyday things. 

Jude

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Gary --- warm respectful greetings from Puerto Rico / USA, I'm Genaro a disabled US Army veteran, I could relate to you, I too don't like the world "old" I instead preferr "a little less young" -- 😊, while in the military I worked as a "Connon crew member" (MOS 13B10), I served our blessed Nation / USA with dignity, respect & pride. I'm greatful to a Higher Power every day for being alive, being a cancer survivor, having a wonderful wife (we being married for over 35 yrs.,) two grown up children (a daughter & a son) and two treasures -- [grandsons 8 & 10]. In closing, sincerely wishing you lots ... of health & may the Higher Power of your understanding instill in your inner self --- HIS calmness / peace --- every day I try to take "life issues" one moment at a time, I have learned the only thing I have for certain *** is today and now ***, be safe & take care, don't be timid, feel free to reach out to this 58 yrs., old disabled veteran, I enjoy pen paling, meeting folks from all over the world, 

Periodic Contributor

Hello,      I'm doing better. I've had a few illnesses after each other. But I feel better..... Birthday was June 4th.. Glad to see another year.. 5 extra people living in my  2bedroom apt.        The weather is finally getting warmer here in Boston..... How are you doing?

0 Kudos
Recognized Social Butterfly

I AM SURE THERE ARE MANY DIFFERENT THINGS YOU ARE INTERESTED IN. NANCY

Gold Conversationalist

T23 - Thank you. Send me a note!
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Penpals are a fun hobby and I hope we can become friends.

Where do you live?  What hobbies do you enjoy?

0 Kudos

Hi. My name is Shaelene. I was wondering if you would like to become pen pals. I am from Kamloops British Columbia. My hobbies are swimming reading books and doing some crafts. Thank you kindly. Shaelene 🙂
Regular Contributor

Hi Shaelene.
You will need to set up “send private message” so we can reply to you to become pen pals.
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi, every- and anyone. My name is Dita.

Am somewhat surprised that all the postings are a couple of years old. Is there lack of interest?

For what it's worth I welcome any email correspondence from near and far - gender notwithstanding. Possibility of exchanging experiences and ideas?

Anyone interested? Please write.

Thank you.

Periodic Contributor

Hi, Dita,

I'd love to correspond.  Certainly email is more private once we know if we're compatible.

I'm going to be 74 in March, work for Aflac and have no family or friends anymore.  They've all melted.  Family is gone and friends forgot about me while I cared for my ailing mom for several years.

So now I'm lonesome and want to start activity with penpals.  I'm a musician, love theater, used to love to read, but there doesn't seem to be much except politics, sex and thrillers now.

I live on a fixed income even though I work because my job is commission only, so that's not real often because I can't do it full time.

If you think we'd fit, let me know.

Merrilly

Periodic Contributor

Hi Dita,

I haven't had much luck on this site getting a penpal but would love to correspond and. as you said, exchange experiences and ideas. I am female, happily married, age 65 , pet lover and avid traveler!
Chris
Periodic Contributor

Would love to correspond and am happy to provide my email - csowada@gmail.com

Send a note - would love to get to know you!
Chris
Periodic Contributor

I want to find a real penpal I can share with, but I think it's a bit early to share real email addresses.  

I don't even know if it makes sense for us to connect.  Like how old are you, what's your life situation, etc., so I can compare it with mine.  Before we can really share, we need to know these things

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Chris,

I am Jackie.  I would love a pen pal.  Where are you from?   is this your first time as a pen pal as it is mine.  I am recently divorced and frankly pretty lonely.  Would love to have someone to correspond with.   Hope to hear from you soon. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Jackie,

I am always interested in writing to new friends and finding out about them and sharing my interests as well. I am 65, active, love movies and live theater, camping (well, actually glamping!!), reading a good mystery and especially animals! I have two rescued dogs and two rescued cats! Love to travel and find out about this world of ours! I live outside Nashville, TN. Hope to hear back from you!
Chris
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello How are you doing? I am Sandra single and working,. Just got on this site where i found your profile and would like to know you more, You can mail me at pretysandraa@gmail.com so we can chat and know each other better.

I would be glad to hear from you soon

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello Sandra
Praised God for he is worthy to be praised am happy that we are becoming best of Christlike penpal but could you reply to me at my email address pappy 474@icloud.com
Thank you
With love Larry
Contributor

Hi Chris,

I am 53 years old and live in Massachusetts. I too love mysteries and am currently reading a very good one called The Couple Next Door,  I highly recommend it. I also love animals  but currently only own one rescue dog.  He is the best worst dog ever and I couldn't be more crazy about him.  I have camped often but not recently, so I have yet to try glamping but   think it sounds right up my alley. It was very nice to hear from you. You could also contact me at resumesent11@comcast.net

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Praised almighty God and would like to share my testimony with you but could you reply to my email address pappy474@icloud.com
Thank you
With love
Larry
Contributor

Hello How are you doing? I am Sandra single and working,. Just got on this site where i found your profile and would like to know you more, You can mail me at pretysandraa@gmail.com so we can chat and know each other better.

I would be glad to hear from you soon

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

HI ! Would like to for us of  how God blessing us :

sincerely Larry

pappy474@icloud.com

Regular Contributor

Hello Kent 

could you please conver with me at my email address sorry having problems retread my email at pappy474@icloud.com 

thanks "

and may God continues blessing you ;

from a child of God :Larry 

Contributor

I am 68 and live in Colorado. Just seeking male friends that love the Lord.  He is blessing all that are breathing this day. A couple of weeks ago I was struggling with lonelines. I read a article from Jimmy Swaggert ministries about the issue and I expected the fact that God is always with me and the struggle ceased. Praise God his live endureth forever. Kent

Spoiler

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello would love to share my testimony with you but could you reply to my address
Pappy474@icloud.com
May God blessing you
With love Larry
Regular Contributor

Hi could you plane conver with me at my email address : pappy474@ iCloud.com
Sorry having problem retread my email
Thanks sincerely from a child of God
Larry
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I think there are a couple of things that make gaining a pen pal difficult on this site. After the breaches with Sony, Experian, Banks and Credit Card Companies, I became very conservative and cautious about putting myself out there. Also within this aarp site after reviewing aarp's privacy and ownership policies, I was not that comfortable about putting and keeping whatever I decided to share out there forever. 

The web is incredibly invasive; we are all tracked and monitored and nothing is private and nothing can be permanently deleted; we are all being monetized on every site we visit –everything we do is up for sale: some Unknown Company makes money capturing then selling our information to some other Unknown

Company to purchase who then merchandizes our information --I just do not like this!  And these Unknown Companies are not good at sharing --where is my slice of this Money-Making Pie?

Aside from those issues I think it is just darn difficult to connect to a human being via the written word.  It also takes a lot of dedication and commitment which can easily slack off.  There is no warmth or connection received by looking at a white page with black print, there is no exchange of a laugh –there is just no human connection, which is what is being sought and which is what we all need  –a human connection.  So, if anyone has any ideas to make this better, please do share!  Thank you and a Hug to everyone.

Periodic Contributor

Sure you can connect.  For me, writing's always been the best way to really say what I feel.  I'll be 74 in March and have been writing my thoughts and feelings to everyone I've ever known most of my life.

I'm doing this to connect with other people.  I'm lonely.  My family's either dead or gone away.  My friends disappeared during the years I cared for my mom through her Alzheimer's.  I work for Aflac kind of full time but that doesn't really connect with many people.

So I want to find someone I can share with and this seems a good way to do it.  If you're game, we can try.

0 Kudos