Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Gold Conversationalist

PENPALS

Please post a reply if you would like to be penpals.

thank-you-glitters-34.gif

Regular Contributor

Hi Gary,

You sound  like a fun, very nice person. My name is Aggie. I

am from NJ.  I am a young .looking 70 year old. I still get carded

when I go to a bar LoL. Just kidding . I don't even drink

Would you like to write? I am waiting with bated breath.LOL

Aggie

Periodic Contributor

Hi Aggie! 

I live in Alabama and I am 73 years old or young. Hahaha

New Jersey...It must be very cold there! Alabama is kinda cold at 40 degrees, but no snow!

My email is: stoklosag@gmail.com if you want to talk on a more personal level.

Regular Contributor

Hi Gary,

Hope thix

y

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi! 

I’m not Aggie but I am also a transplanted yankee, so thought I would speak up and introduce myself. I am Jude, living in TX, originally from Detroit. Looking to communicate with other seniors, newly widowed and trying to adjust to my new reality.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Je,

Like you I am new to this.  Just would like to say hello from cold NYC.  If you would like to chat about anything that comes to mind  just shout out.   I also subscribe to Amazon. I watch the movies and take advantage of the free shipping on orders.  Good deal.  Netflix is another place I go to for movie watching.  I like music but I have my list of oldies on my computer that I listen to.  

If interested ,  just get in touch,

Marianne

Regular Contributor

Hi, My name is Marianne.  A widow for many years.  Like to communicate with people so I thought I would try out this site.  I like to talk about most subjects providing I know about the subject.  I like to receive funny emails.  At one time I had gotten quite a few but some of my online friends  have left us or moved away.  So not many of those emails now.  I miss them . If interested in small talk. let me know.. 

Bye

Contributor

Hi Marianne,

My name is Lillian, I read your post and I would enjoy  some small talk,  What subjects do you like to talk about? Do you have any hobbies or special interests?   I like reading sewing,  documentaries. 

and learning almost anything new.  I like you have found that many friends have moved away.

So I look forward to hearing form you.

Have a Wonderful Day!

Lillian

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Lillian,

I like to talk about any thing that comes to mind. What happened during the day.. shopping, family gatherings, weather.  I like to play online games in Pogo.  Have you heard of that site? I subscribe to Amazon.  Watch movies and buy things from there.  I also subscribe to Netflix for their movies.     I really do not have any hobbies. I just keep busy doing household chores.  Always something to do or organize.  I guess I would consider myself a night owl.

Your turn, 🙂

Marianne

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Marianne,

I use to play at Pogo a lot. I like Amazon myself for shopping and movies; I have been a member of Netflix for ever. I like that I can watch a whole year straight through. I watch the movie Megan Leavey a week ago it was worth watching.
I am still working so I can not stay up late, I keep saying I will stop working next year well I will be 70 this year and I am still working. Myself I get up very early even on the weekends. I agree that there is always something to organize. I am so looking forward to spring !
Enjoy,
Lillian

Regular Contributor

Hi Lillian,

When it comes to Amazon and Netflix I like who-dun-its.  Like you, I can watch weeks worth of those shows, without commercials.  Oh.. those commercials just annoy me.  Too many all at once. Very little show, lots of ads. One of my favorite shows is Midsummer Murder.   Right now, on Amazon I have been watching The Silent episodes. 

I am addicted to Bingo Luau, Word Whomp and some solitaire on Pogo. Those are my go to games when it's the end of the evening.  That is when I turn on my computer and relax before bedtime.  I always was a night owl because in my younger days I worked a few hours nightly when my children were small. The habit stuck with me years later.  I had friends I met in Pogo that came from different parts of the country. So  when East Coast friends left the West Coast friends were just starting.  I will tell you more about those friends later on.

It sure is cold here and more to come, or so the Weatherman says.  We have been lucky in my part of the city.  We get snow but not as bad as other parts.  Heavy rain is predicted for Sunday.  We shall see. I heard somewhere if you want to know what the weather is like.. look out the door... and  carry an umbrella. 

I hope your dreams of retiring soon comes true for you.

Marianne.

Periodic Contributor

Hello Marianne!!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Debra, 

How are you ? This site is confusing to me... guess I  will learn to use it as time goes on.  Seems everyone can see what others are saying.  Like being a nosy body Man Happy  Have you been doing this long?  How do you find it?  Let me know!!

Marianne

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Jude,

Glad you reached out. I'm very, very,sorry for your loss. It's good  you

are making  new friends. Only been on this site for a week and I think 

the people are friendly. Single,never married young looking 70 year old.

I was engaged twice but  broke it off. I deeply regret not having any

children. Do you have any children Jude? Do they live close by?

What kind of things do you like to do?

Aggie

Periodic Contributor

Agnes, 

No, my husband and I were not able to have children. Since we were both teachers, we would say we got 150 new teachers every year! LOL!

I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in 2000, so it is good that we moved to the warmth of TX. Even when our temps drop into  the40's I am really hurting. We put an exercise swimming pool a few years ago and I love getting out in the pool every day to keep myself limber. 

I also love to garden. Spent time earlier today planting, 4 geraniums, 8 sweet assylum, 8 dianthus and 20 red and pink begonias. 

I also have fun taking care of my two pups. They have kept me sane through Tim's passing and they give me a reason to get out of bed every morning. I just wish they would learn to sleep later than 6 am.

well, I have to go get them supper. More tomorrow. Hope to hear from you.

Jude

Regular Contributor

Hi Jude,

I am so very sorry I lost contact with you. I had wrote you a letter and

put it in my draft file because I wanted to add more to it. I rarely go into

my draft file so it stayed there.

RA is difficult to deal with. I have osteoarthritis and that is painful even

with medication. I have friends that suffer with RA and I know the mental struggles. Mom is 93 and got RA only in her hands at 85 years old.

The doctors were baffled by this. One morning, she couldn't hold a

coffee cup any longer. She is doing good with her hands, meds can

do wonders today! Are you doing lots of swimming? It is so great you

have a pool and jacuzzi. I am 4 blocks from a pool in the retired community I live. I don't know if I'll be able to go though. I need a hip

replacement and it is just too painful right now.

You have such beautiful weather for gardening. May I ask what type 

of house you have? I have a 2 bedroom rancher. I love my house but it

needs work.  I am excited that I am getting it painted but that's not until

Sept. LOL It may take me that long to decide on the colors. I live in. a

gaited comm. So I can only have the house certain colors. Have to go to

the office to look at the color chart. I can live with the rules here but I

wish they would keep up with other retirement comm. and cut the grass

so shovel the snow. The association fee is only 77.00 a month so I guess

I shouldn't complain.

Take care of yourself Jude. If I don't hear from you in the next 5 minutes

I will understand. God Bless!

Aggie. (Agnes)

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi! 

I’m not Aggie but I am also a transplanted yankee, so thought I would speak up and introduce myself. I am Jude, living in TX, originally from Detroit. Looking to communicate with other seniors, newly widowed and trying to adjust to my new reality.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Jude,

I am in SE TN native but lived up north for a few years.  Detroit, Westland, and Taylor MI before moving to IN and then back home.  I am 72, disabled, retired truck driver, musician and songwriter.  Cant do much from this wheel chair so like you trying hard to adjust and make new friends.  My roomie lived in TX for quite a while and my granddaughter lives in the Waco area now.  Drummer i worked with lives in Edgewood just east of Dallas.  If you would like to correspond pls let me know.

Roger

Periodic Contributor

Hi, Roger,

Glad to meet you. My husband and I lived in Flat Rock before we moved here and I taught in the Southgate Schools. But Tim lost his job with Ford in late ‘80 and my sis and her hubby were in Houston so Tim came down and found a job in two weeks after 6 months  of nothing in Detroit. So of course, I followed him.  I like it in TX., wouldn't ever consider moving north of where I am. In 2000, I developed rheumatoid arthritis and even when our temps get into the 40’s I am really hurting. But as long as I keep busy and moving I am okay.  Water aerobics are really my thing as far as exercising goes. We put in an exercise pool a few years ago and I am in it every day. 

I would be happy to communicate with you about everyday things. 

Jude

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Gary --- warm respectful greetings from Puerto Rico / USA, I'm Genaro a disabled US Army veteran, I could relate to you, I too don't like the world "old" I instead preferr "a little less young" -- 😊, while in the military I worked as a "Connon crew member" (MOS 13B10), I served our blessed Nation / USA with dignity, respect & pride. I'm greatful to a Higher Power every day for being alive, being a cancer survivor, having a wonderful wife (we being married for over 35 yrs.,) two grown up children (a daughter & a son) and two treasures -- [grandsons 8 & 10]. In closing, sincerely wishing you lots ... of health & may the Higher Power of your understanding instill in your inner self --- HIS calmness / peace --- every day I try to take "life issues" one moment at a time, I have learned the only thing I have for certain *** is today and now ***, be safe & take care, don't be timid, feel free to reach out to this 58 yrs., old disabled veteran, I enjoy pen paling, meeting folks from all over the world, 

Periodic Contributor

Hello,      I'm doing better. I've had a few illnesses after each other. But I feel better..... Birthday was June 4th.. Glad to see another year.. 5 extra people living in my  2bedroom apt.        The weather is finally getting warmer here in Boston..... How are you doing?

0 Kudos
Recognized Social Butterfly

I AM SURE THERE ARE MANY DIFFERENT THINGS YOU ARE INTERESTED IN. NANCY

Gold Conversationalist

T23 - Thank you. Send me a note!
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Penpals are a fun hobby and I hope we can become friends.

Where do you live?  What hobbies do you enjoy?

0 Kudos

Hi. My name is Shaelene. I was wondering if you would like to become pen pals. I am from Kamloops British Columbia. My hobbies are swimming reading books and doing some crafts. Thank you kindly. Shaelene 🙂
Regular Contributor

Good afternoon! 

I would love to be penpals 🙂 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Shaelene.
You will need to set up “send private message” so we can reply to you to become pen pals.
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi, every- and anyone. My name is Dita.

Am somewhat surprised that all the postings are a couple of years old. Is there lack of interest?

For what it's worth I welcome any email correspondence from near and far - gender notwithstanding. Possibility of exchanging experiences and ideas?

Anyone interested? Please write.

Thank you.

Regular Contributor

Good afternoon! 

I would love to be penpals 🙂 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi, Dita,

I'd love to correspond.  Certainly email is more private once we know if we're compatible.

I'm going to be 74 in March, work for Aflac and have no family or friends anymore.  They've all melted.  Family is gone and friends forgot about me while I cared for my ailing mom for several years.

So now I'm lonesome and want to start activity with penpals.  I'm a musician, love theater, used to love to read, but there doesn't seem to be much except politics, sex and thrillers now.

I live on a fixed income even though I work because my job is commission only, so that's not real often because I can't do it full time.

If you think we'd fit, let me know.

Merrilly

Merrilly
Periodic Contributor

Hi Dita,

I haven't had much luck on this site getting a penpal but would love to correspond and. as you said, exchange experiences and ideas. I am female, happily married, age 65 , pet lover and avid traveler!
Chris
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP