Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ“ฝ Any FAVORITE Movies or TV Shows?

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ“ฝ Any FAVORITE Movies or TV Shows?

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

***READ the comments and/or ADD a comment***

WE would luv to hear from YOU! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks, Nicole โ€Œ๐Ÿ›ถโ€Œ (Leisure & Lifestyle Forum)

Trusted Social Butterfly

@MaVolta @SpringIsHereSoHappy   Sounds very good, I must make note to see it!

Esteemed Social Butterfly

(4/17/24) ๐Ÿ“บ What are you watching or plan to watch?

Lol, zero on PBS so I am watching this movie. Hope I like it! Anyone watched it? DEATH BY POTATO.

๐Ÿ“ธ  Info Attached  ๐Ÿ“ธ

20240417_140231.jpg

1 comment (4/16/24) ๐Ÿ“บ What are you watching or plan to watch?

At 4:30pm ET today - Grantchester on PBS. Anyone else like this series?  ๐Ÿ‘ต

Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy   I liked many of the Grantchester episodes!  Mostly I like Robson Green so I watch some of the not so good ones too.  It it getting long in the tooth though.  Hard to believe they are going to try and do another season without it seeming to be stale.

(4/14/24) ๐Ÿ“บ What are you watching or plan to watch?

I am watching THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL. I hope I like it!!! Anyone watched it?

20240414_152705.jpg

0 Kudos

(4/13/24) ๐Ÿ“บ What are you watching or plan to watch?

I am watching THE BLETCHLEY CIRCLE. I "think" I watched it years ago. Senior Moment!  ๐Ÿ™„  Anyone else watched it?

20240413_160402.jpg

0 Kudos

1 comment (4/13/24) Anyone watched BOOMERS?  ๐Ÿค”  I am watching 1st episode. Hope I like it!

20240413_000227.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy   I think I attempted to watch it but did not get far.  Maybe I didn't give it a fair chance

(4/12/24) ๐Ÿ“บ What are you watching or plan to watch?

At 8pm ET I am watching "Sister Boniface" on PBS TONIGHT! Any other fans out there?

20240412_182525.jpg

1 comment (4/11/24)  ๐Ÿ“บ  Anyone watched the TENANT OF WILDFELL HALL? I am watching the 1st episode right now. Hope I like it! 

20240411_150846.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy   I have wanted to see this, letus know what you think๐Ÿ˜Ž.

1 comment (4/10/24)  ๐Ÿ“บWhat are you watching or plan to watch?

At 10pm ET I am watching this on PBS TONIGHT:

The Trouble with Maggie Cole, 2020, Drama, 1 Season-6 episodes. Maggie Cole is the self-appointed oracle of her close-knit community. Maggie makes it her business to know a little bit about everyone's lives, and certainly pays no attention to the adage that `those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones'.

***  I saw it back in 2020 on television ***

Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy   I think I would like this, will try to add to list.

1 comment (4/4/24) ๐Ÿ“บ What are you watching or plan to watch?

I just finished watching "Secrets of the Forbidden City" on PBS. Totally fascinating how huge this structure is, all manual labor and that it has survived the chronic earthquakes. Anyone else saw this?

20240404_171423.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy   This sounds really good!   I will addto my list if it is available on streaming.

(3 comments) DISCUSSION.

Anyone have a PRIME Subscription or sign up EACH YEAR for their Free Trial like I do?  ๐Ÿค” 

I head straight to the BRITISH STUFF to "binge" before my trial ends!!! You are allowed to sign up ONCE A YEAR.

Lol, I cannot wait until this June 2024 [my one year mark from last year 2023 sign up] 

๐Ÿ“ธ  Info Attached For FREE Trial  ๐Ÿ“ธ

20240403_191546.jpg

DISCUSSION.

[1] Anyone have a PRIME Subscription?

[2] or sign up EACH YEAR for their FREE Trial like I do?  ๐Ÿค” 

I head straight to the BRITISH STUFF to "binge" before my trial ends!!! You are allowed to sign up ONCE A YEAR.

Lol, I cannot wait until this June 2024 [my one year mark from last year 2023 sign up] 

๐Ÿ“ธ  Info Attached For FREE Trial  ๐Ÿ“ธ

20240403_191546.jpg

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy   I did sign up once but they wanted lots of money for the movies I wanted to see and their own content was not so great.  I cancelled after the trial, butI did notrealize they made an annual offer.

@MaVolta The movie I want to see is Oppenheimer so I may try to get Peacock for a month ๐Ÿ˜‰.  I plan on ditching Acorn for Britbox this summer when my yearly expires.  I  do contribute to PBS every month to keep up my streaming service.  Website is klunky though. 

keep (4/4/24) Yes @LaDolceVita , you have to WAIT A YEAR before you can do the FREE TRIAL each time.

Yes, NO interest in Prime except to CATCH UP on Hallmark and British shows I missed the PREVIOUS YEAR.

Nicole  ๐Ÿ‘ต

2 comments (4/2/24)  ๐Ÿ“บ  Anyone watched NORTH & SOUTH? I just started.  ๐Ÿ“ธ  Info Attached  ๐Ÿ“ธ

20240402_225700.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy  - I saw it years ago! Itโ€™s very well done like all of the British period dramas. If I remember, itโ€™s based on a novel, like most of them are.

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy  Have not seen it.  Where are you watching it?

Honored Social Butterfly

Yesterday, we watched the movie, Oppenheimer. Excellent movie, and the actors were outstanding. Itโ€™s deserving of all the awards. Itโ€™s currently streaming on Peacock. It is a 3 hour movie, so plan to watch it when you have plenty of time to enjoy it. It moves pretty fast, so it wonโ€™t feel that long!

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Social Butterfly

@MaVolta   Do you like your Peacock subscription?  I have been looking for a site to stream newish movies.

Honored Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita  - I only took a one month subscription to see this movie. You can check their website to see whatโ€™s streaming before you sign up.

Of the streaming services, I tend to watch mostly Netflix. I want to try out Paramount + one of these days. From time to time, I will sign up for  a month of Hulu if they have something I want to see. I also have a subscription to Max, but thatโ€™s because they have series shows I like to watch.

I like Prime Video, but you have to rent almost all of the newer titles. The rental fee isnโ€™t too bad though in most cases, and I try to get the digital discounts with Amazon day deliveries. There are more recent titles in the โ€˜free with Primeโ€ and sometimes older titles that I enjoy watching.The thing that gripes me about Prime Video is that if I want ad-free, I now have to pay an additional $7.99 or something, in addition to the annual Amazon Membership fee that keeps going up. I mean really, how many yachts, houses, and cars does one guy need! ๐Ÿ™„

1 comment (4/1/24)  ๐Ÿ“บ  @LaDolceVita , since you know more about PBS than I do - couple of questions please.

[1] NEW Masterpiece or RETURNING series happen 4 times each year = Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter?

[2] So NEXT batch should be THIS MONTH as part of Spring batch? With Nolly finishing in March, there will be a break. I seem to remember April 17th being a start date???

Lol, let me know IF I have totally confused you. I am confused in regards to PBS programming. ๐Ÿ™„

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy   Haha I do not pay that much attention to the schedule.  But I have been watching PBS for a LONG time and do remember my favorites. We had discussions dedicated to TV and especially PBS which I loved back in the here on AARP.  

BTW I was a bit Acorn fan for several years, looks like I will be canceling this summer.  Kinda dud now.  

Are you familiar with Seniorlearn.org?  they have a long running PBS discussion.  

(3/31/24)  ๐Ÿ“บ  @Medaase , I just finished watching MURDER CITY and guess what - Luke also starred in DEATH IN PARADISE. Crying as there were only 2 seasons!!!  ๐Ÿ˜ญ  I am  ๐Ÿ“ธ  attaching info  ๐Ÿ“ธ  IF you are interested. Watched on FREEVEE.

20240331_222338.jpg

20240331_222305.jpg

0 Kudos

1 comment (3/29/24) ๐Ÿ“บ What are you watching or plan to watch?

I am watching Father Brown on PBS!  ๐Ÿ‘ต

Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy  Still watching Seaside Hotel ๐Ÿ˜Ž.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

Achieve a top score in our Tournament Tuesday Word Games in May and you could win $100 every 30 days!

Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP