Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

๐Ÿ“ฝ Any FAVORITE Movies or TV Shows?

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ“ฝ Any FAVORITE Movies or TV Shows?

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

***READ the comments and/or ADD a comment***

WE would luv to hear from YOU! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks, Nicole โ€Œ๐Ÿ›ถโ€Œ (Leisure & Lifestyle Forum)

Esteemed Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“บ๐Ÿ“ฝ  (10 comments) DISCUSSION!!!

How do you watch TV, your movies?

I watch everything on my Android. Since retiring, I am a PBS free app fan. Was NEVER a TV fan, boring. And forget cinemas, way too many rude folks!

Nicole  ๐Ÿ‘ต

Honored Social Butterfly

Last movie seen in a theater, total blank used to be a theater in Sunday River closed maybe 10 years back couldnโ€™t afford the new format of films to upgrade would have cost Millions.I live in the woods.๐Ÿ˜Ž

There are ways to stream for free if not available in your country for free. It would be the same way to safely bank while on your home computer vs across the world in Holland.

Wonโ€™t have list of those programs for another month, my PCโ€™s are busy for the next month. Best I can recall off my head is โ€œtorโ€. There are easier to use programs but, canโ€™t remember the names. They cost money , tor is free.

If memory is right it allows your pc to be seen as local based to that country (like bbcuk ) as if you were connecting from there vs here.Used to be a big DoctorWho fan and had to login from uk to get free access . Vs blocked on local channels or satellite or cable or straight internet.

Most good read easy to use cost $$ and offer safeguards, might explain why most international travelers use them. To cya.Bit, all involve learning curves. Or separate browsers only to be used when you need to be elsewhere for content.

Ask me in a month or if I recall sooner.Somethings are blocked to US viewers on paid streaming sites but, unblocked if you change your country.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

Replying to myself- one month without readers and now free ones are โ€œtor โ€œand โ€œorbotโ€. May have to go to Knoppix tomorrow for reads.

@SummerIsTooHOT 

Nicole

canโ€™t help you on androids, only recover the things.

Still prefer Windows and iPhones/Macs.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!

1 comment (4/5/24) NO issues with my Android @Frozenoem and lol, yes - go get your readers!!!

Nicole  ๐Ÿ‘ต

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Safe VPNโ€™s are nordvpn, surfsharkvpn, and NortonVPN and of course the usual stuff like antivirus, 2 factor authentication and antivirus, etc.

Froze

Regular Contributor

I watch mostly on our smart tv.  When traveling I watch on my mobile phone or hotel smart tv. Love going to the movies during weekday matinee if movie has interesting cinematic visuals 

4 comments (3/29/24) @Medaase , are the Matinee Tickets still discounted?

Nicole  ๐Ÿ‘ต

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@SummerIsTooHOT   Just remembered some more PBS favorites.  Upstairs Downstairs, Aristocrats and the Bronte Sisters.  Have you watched those?

1 comment (3/29/24) Nope @LaDolceVita !!!

Nicole  ๐Ÿ‘ต

Trusted Social Butterfly

@SummerIsTooHOT   I just remembered. Hotel Portofino and World on Fire.  They were both good, I watched last fall.

Regular Contributor

I think so. My purpose for going weekday matinee is to avoid crowds

3 comments (3/18/24)  ๐Ÿ“บ  What are you watching? I just finished watching the NEW episode of the "Midwives" on PBS [their video].

Any other PBS fans out there?  ๐Ÿค”

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Is that Call the Midwife? 

1 comment (3/18/24) Yes @Medaase , I was being "lazy" ๐Ÿ™„

[*** @Medaase wrote:

Is that Call the Midwife? ***]

Regular Contributor

I really enjoyed watching that show. Great writing. Need to catch up though

๐Ÿ“บ  3 comments (3/6/24) @Medaase , did you know about the 1,000 piece Agatha puzzle PBS is using to promote membership? ๐Ÿค”

[*** @Medaase wrote:

Poirot tv series with David Suchet was a really good show to watch. ***]

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Not familiar. Thanks. 

1 comment (3/7/24) @Medaase , I want one as they are the ONLY ones who have it but right now - NOT in my Retirement Budget to sponsor PBS. It is a "game too" with stuff to do once puzzle is completed. Beautiful artwork...  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

[*** @Medaase wrote:

Not familiar. Thanks. ***]

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

The puzzle really sounds like fun. Too bad itโ€™s not available anywhere else. I also am not adding any streaming subscriptions at this time.

๐Ÿ“บ  1 comment (3/4/24) I am watching the movie HOPE GAP!

Anyone seen it?  ๐Ÿค”

What are YOU watching...  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Havenโ€™t seen it. Thanks for making it known

Regular Contributor

Poirot tv series with David Suchet was a really good show to watch. 

Kudos
Views

๐Ÿ“ฝ  1 comment (2/24/24) Anyone seen the Bob Marley Movie?  ๐Ÿค”  I have NOT. I see it is available thru YouTube for about $25. I am so NOT going to a theater with COVID still "hanging" around...  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Havenโ€™t seen it yet. Looking forward to seeing it when it comes to more streaming services. But I have been to the theater to see other movies, and have felt safe from Covid by going to the first showing of the day and during the weekday. 

Regular Contributor

Death in Paradise is a fun series to watch 

๐Ÿ“บ  2 comments (2/23/24) @Medaase , is this the "spinoff" for DEATH IN PARADISE?  ๐Ÿค”

[*** @Medaase wrote:

Murder in Paradise is a fun series to watch ***]

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thanks!! I corrected the post. It is Death in Paradise

1 comment ๐Ÿ“บ  (Friday 1/19/24)

Well, I guess everyone probably already KNEW this - but I found out "by accident" (was ready to UNINSTALL the "free" PBS app from my Android) - that the app CHOOSES WHAT STATIONS you can access.

Lol, EVERY day and/or time - I get to WATCH a different PBS station.

Just started really USING app I had loaded, THIS WEEK, got "bored" and decided to check it out = LEARN how to use it.  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Anyway, I kept getting AN ERROR MESSAGE for what I thought would be MY LOCAL PBS. Then the "lightbulb" in my OLD brain told me NOT to "uninstall" the app but do a SEARCH for channel.

By this point I was p.ssed and over PBS. Glad I didnot "uninstall"...  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@SummerIsTooHOT  - I am also a PBS fan. I like Masterpiece and Masterpiece Mystery, and most of the series shows. 

I also use the PBS app. Based on my location, it always asks if this is my PBS station, so I just click yes. I havenโ€™t tried to put in another station, so maybe I should try it! Thanks for the tip.

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

Iโ€™ve been binge watching some tv shows that I missed the first time around.

• West Wing (finished it, and it was a favorite) 
  • ER (still working on it)
  • Boston Legal (over the top, but love William Shatner, James Spader and Candice Bergen)
  • The Blacklist (speaking of James Spader, into season 5)
  • New Amsterdam (just into season 1)

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP