Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

📽 Any FAVORITE Movies or TV Shows?

Anonymous
Not applicable

📽 Any FAVORITE Movies or TV Shows?

▶️To reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.◀️

***READ the comments and/or ADD a comment***

WE would luv to hear from YOU! 😉

Thanks, Nicole ‌🛶‌ (Leisure & Lifestyle Forum)

Regular Social Butterfly

📽  (2/26/24) Anyone liked this MOVIE?  🤔  Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man!  I saw it when it first came out. Need to watch it AGAIN. Lol, it is SO FUNNY!!!  🤣😂

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

(Sunday 2/25/24)

Gosh, zero on PBS that "interest" me for Prime Time TONIGHT!!! Missing my two FAVORITES - Ms. Scarlett and All Creatures.  😭😭😭

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

📺  Shows Coming to MASTERPIECE in 2024 and Beyond (pbs.org)

ALICE & JACK: This all-new show premieres on March 17th at the special time of 10/9c. Alice & Jack, created by award-winning writer Victor Levin (Mad Men, Mad About You), portrays the chaos of romance, laying out the 15-year relationship between two star-crossed lovers. “It’s more honest about human behavior than most romances allow,” says RogerEbert.com, and “[asks] audiences to think about subjects they think they know well and look at them from a different angle.”

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/specialfeatures/shows-coming-to-masterpiece-in-2024-and-beyond/...

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

📺  Shows Coming to MASTERPIECE in 2024 and Beyond (pbs.org) 

NOLLY: Starring Academy Award®-nominated Helena Bonham Carter (The Crown, Harry Potter), Nolly debuts on Sunday, March 17, 2024 at 9/8c. The brand-new miniseries reveals the story of Noele “Nolly” Gordon, one of the most famous faces on British TV in the 1960s and 70s, whose unceremonious firing from her hit soap opera was front-page news. She did not go quietly.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/specialfeatures/shows-coming-to-masterpiece-in-2024-and-beyond/...

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

📺  (2/24/24) @Medaase a "copy & paste" BELOW from Google.

MURDER IN PARADISE is a mystery series where dream getaways are torn apart by a horrific murder. Were victims the random targets of a brutal stranger or the focused objects of premeditated evil?

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

📽  (2/24/24) Anyone seen the Bob Marley Movie?  🤔  I have NOT. I see it is available thru YouTube for about $25. I am so NOT going to a theater with COVID still "hanging" around...  😎

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Haven’t seen it yet. Looking forward to seeing it when it comes to more streaming services. But I have been to the theater to see other movies, and have felt safe from Covid by going to the first showing of the day and during the weekday. 

Regular Social Butterfly

📽  (2/24/24) You are "very brave" @Medaase , at age 66 this year I have NEVER caught it. Whereas my daughter has, twice = being INSIDE with folks. Unless it is MANDATORY (doctor, dentist, groceries), I AVOID sharing the heat/air conditioning.

[*** @Medaase wrote:

Haven’t seen it yet. Looking forward to seeing it when it comes to more streaming services. But I have been to the theater to see other movies, and have felt safe from Covid by going to the first showing of the day and during the weekday. ***]

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Death in Paradise is a fun series to watch 

Regular Social Butterfly

📺  (2/23/24) @Medaase , is this the "spinoff" for DEATH IN PARADISE?  🤔

[*** @Medaase wrote:

Murder in Paradise is a fun series to watch ***]

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thanks!! I corrected the post. It is Death in Paradise

Regular Social Butterfly

📺  (2/24/24) Lol @Medaase , per "online" you were correct - that does exist???  😂🤣  I know they did another one after "Death"....  YES, I luv them. And that island living - awesome!!!

[*** @Medaase wrote:

Thanks!! I corrected the post. It is Death in Paradise ***]

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

📺  (Friday 2/23/24)

Now to see what PBS Masterpiece Theatre has for March. Missing "All Creatures" and "Ms. Scarlett"  😭😭😭

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

📺  (Sunday 2/18/24)

I have been "bingeing" on ALFRED HITCHCOCK all day. Will switch to PBS tonight!  😎

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

📺  What to Know About Jennifer Lopez’s ‘This Is Me … Now’ (AARP Article)

https://www.aarp.org/entertainment/television/info-2024/jennifer-lopez-this-is-me-now.html

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

📺  What’s New on Amazon’s Prime Video in February 2024 (AARP Article) 

The 9 Best Things on Prime Video in February 2024.

JLo goes full diva, while Donald Glover reboots ‘Mr. & Mrs. Smith’.

By Thom Geier. Published January 26, 2024.

https://www.aarp.org/entertainment/television/info-2024/new-on-amazon-prime-video-movies-shows.html

Regular Social Butterfly

📺  10 Iconic Black Sitcoms That Changed Television (AARP Article) 

Celebrating ‘Good Times’ at 50 and 9 Other Iconic Black Sitcoms.

The family comedy paved the way for other influential shows. Here’s where to stream them.

By Jennifer Ortiz. Published February 05, 2024.

https://www.aarp.org/entertainment/television/info-2024/iconic-black-sitcoms.html

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

📺  What’s New on Hulu in February 2024 (AARP Article)

The 12 Best Things Coming to Hulu in February.

Buzzy shows like ‘Feud: Capote vs. The Swans’ and ‘Shōgun’ lead a fresh batch of series and movies.

By Chris Nashawaty. Published February 02, 2024.

https://www.aarp.org/entertainment/television/info-2024/new-on-hulu-shows-movies-documentaries.html

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

(Saturday 2/3/24)

@MaVolta , I also found out YESTERDAY that "uninstalling" the app, "restarting" my Android REMOVES the "error" message of NO CHANNELS. Was getting this "error message" sometimes.

You are welcome  😎

[✏  @MaVolta wrote:

@IamReadyForSpring  - I am also a PBS fan. I like Masterpiece and Masterpiece Mystery, and most of the series shows. 

I also use the PBS app. Based on my location, it always asks if this is my PBS station, so I just click yes. I haven’t tried to put in another station, so maybe I should try it! Thanks for the tip.  ✏]

Regular Social Butterfly

📺  (Thursday 2/1/24)

Any other PBS station fans out there? If yes, what are your favorite shows. I have several, lol - depends on my "mood"  🙄.

Right NOW, I am enjoying Ms. Scarlett and the Duke. Will be crying when season ends and hopefull there will be MORE in future.

Regular Social Butterfly

1 comment 📺  (Friday 1/19/24)

Well, I guess everyone probably already KNEW this - but I found out "by accident" (was ready to UNINSTALL the "free" PBS app from my Android) - that the app CHOOSES WHAT STATIONS you can access.

Lol, EVERY day and/or time - I get to WATCH a different PBS station.

Just started really USING app I had loaded, THIS WEEK, got "bored" and decided to check it out = LEARN how to use it.  😎

Anyway, I kept getting AN ERROR MESSAGE for what I thought would be MY LOCAL PBS. Then the "lightbulb" in my OLD brain told me NOT to "uninstall" the app but do a SEARCH for channel.

By this point I was p.ssed and over PBS. Glad I didnot "uninstall"...  💃💃💃

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@IamReadyForSpring  - I am also a PBS fan. I like Masterpiece and Masterpiece Mystery, and most of the series shows. 

I also use the PBS app. Based on my location, it always asks if this is my PBS station, so I just click yes. I haven’t tried to put in another station, so maybe I should try it! Thanks for the tip.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Regular Social Butterfly

📺  (Sunday 1/7/24)

All Creatures Great and Small On Masterpiece: Broodiness (PBS Appalachia -  9:00pm - Sunday, January  7, 2024)

Regular Social Butterfly

📺  (Sunday 1/7/24)

Miss Scarlet and the Duke On Masterpiece: Elysium (Blue Ridge PBS -  8:00pm - Sunday, January  7, 2024)

Honored Social Butterfly

I’ve been binge watching some tv shows that I missed the first time around.

• West Wing (finished it, and it was a favorite) 
  • ER (still working on it)
  • Boston Legal (over the top, but love William Shatner, James Spader and Candice Bergen)
  • The Blacklist (speaking of James Spader, into season 5)
  • New Amsterdam (just into season 1)

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Social Butterfly

I can't wait until Sunday when reruns of "Yellowstone" is aired on CBS I believe..Favorite movie "Scent of a Woman"...

Silver Conversationalist

There is a Brit detective series titled Endeavor.  It's on PBS - Masterpiece Theater.  9 seasons. If you have any problem with the accents - turn on the subtitles.  It's totally different from the American "cop shows".  

Contributor

just got done binge watching "Twisted Metal", actually pretty funny series.

Bronze Conversationalist

Have been binge watching 'Grimm' TV Series ----> Grimm (TV series) - Wikipedia

now that my local broadcast TV area is offering this series; plus on my Roku -  Channel CW is offering this series too, for free.

Explore all sorts of super natural folklore and fairy tales thru out the world; the hidden nature of men and beasts; includes varies subplots.   🤔

😎  Welcome back Nicole.

You made the move to FL ☑️

......- but under the rule of Gov. De-autocrat  ☹️

Remember to register to vote; and exercise your right to choose (wisely) before he or they prohibits/ denies you the right to vote, for some reason or another...someday or another...🤔

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP LIMITED TIME OFFER
Flash Sale! Join or renew for $9 per year with a 5-year membership.
Join or renew
and get a FREE gift!

AARP Membership Flash Sale

More From AARP