Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

New here and have a question

Hi.  Just joined this forum.  My name is Vicki.  Been retired for a couple of years.  Loving it.  EXCEPT for this - 

I live in a rural area.  Got my own home which I'm still paying off.  Here's the deal and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

We have well water out here - Huge PIA.

I need to find where I can go to for help for a senior on a fixed income with the cost of digging a new well.  It ain't cheap. Grants, organizations  - anything.

TIA.

I'm here out of desperation right now.  Hopefully, next time I post, it will be on a much happier and less stressful note.

Social Butterfly

@VickiA700880 

Welcome to AARP and the community.

Have you looked at this?

Best Places to Live, Home Improvement, DIY and More (aarp.org)

Using your computer check for state aid or other sources. If you find someone who does the work, get estimates. Make sure a contract is made in writing and do not pay all costs up front. Check to see if the person or company is registered with the BBB (Better Business Bureau).

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hello.. All I can offer is talk to several drillers and get opinions and estimates,dont settle for one or two.. Check references ! You might call any Agencies on Aging that are in your area for advice and referrals if you haven't already.. You should be able to find several of those on line.. This issue IS solvable.. Also i want to welcome you to the forums. I haven't been here that long myself but i've found everyone to be welcoming and caring.. You'll get thru this..🙂

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@VickiA700880 , Can't help you with the well situation, but want to welcome you to the AARP community.  Hope you are able to get some good resources and solve you well issue.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Why do you need to dig a new well?  Can the existing well be re-worked - new tubing, casing or pump?  Seems that would be less expensive than digging a new one.  Get advice and cost estimates from local plumbers and drillers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP