Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Anonymous
Not applicable

Preventing Age 50+ Homelessness 🏡

💥This discussion was created on Saturday - April 17, 2021💥

Prevention is cheaper, versus rescuing us after we have become homeless!

• What measures you as one person can do to perhaps prevent your homelessness or another age 50+ person's homelessness?

• Let us discuss this onging crisis 🙂

💡MY PLAN TO HELP

I am encouraging the folks with extra $$$$ to spare to invest in building Tiny Cottages to rent to us in my location.

💡WHY I CARE

It took me being homeless July 2017 to August 2018 to care. Up to that season in my life, life was stable. It took being laid off 3 times in my 50's for reality to kick in. Lol, have no desire to be homeless agsin with me now living on Social Security alone. Yes, had to use my 401k in 2008 to pay off my brand new car. That was my 1st layoff after 9 awesome years with Harris Corporation, Melbourne, Florida. That started my unpredictible life journey, working wherever I could with no 401k.

💥WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU💥

Do you have a homeless story to share? We would luv to hear it!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥Sunday - April 18, 2021💥

You are so RIGHT @LaurajW510385 !!!  I was NOT an addict, NOT disabled, NEVER been to jail or put up with domestic violence = no assistance. But I made it after 13 months in the local shelter here. EVERY day I have to TALK to myself to REMIND me that NO ONE understands my DAILY concern over RAISING rents unless they have WALKED in my shoes. Thank you SO MUCH for SHARING. You understand!!!

Super Contributor

You are Welcome!

Oh Angela understanding is a small word more like "experience" & not allowed on my resume as a skill or talent. Its no longer easy for someone such as myself for being an American & having to endure such....craziness.

Yet I keep my Faith & I Trust in Him-One Nation Under GOD.

I'm still going through the same: being forced out of an apt. as an Elderly Woman to say the least & thus far I'm still here & no help with any laws, policies, rules, regulations, not even an act of congress has helped. I have been able to tell a couple of people No! I'm staying right where I'm at & Bless Him I'm still here enduring the law breakers unhealthy environment(s).

You take each & every moment as that. The shelter let you stay that long that is a Miracle. It will get better than this 3rd world county I now reside in. Smile!!

Stay Healthy!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥Sunday - April 18, 2021💥

I am SO SORRY about your apartment @LaurajW510385 . I live in a complex owned by a SLUM landlord who raises the rent when he feels like it. You COMPLAIN = illegal eviction. I am over it at age 63 😤 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP