Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you use CBD for your health?

Message 1 of 5

Recently, I bought 1 g. of pure CBD powder for about $40 (including shipping cost) and dissolved it in 20 g. alcohol, which makes an approximate 5% solution. I started taking 0.5 ml, which is about 25 mg. CBD, once in my morning coffee and another in a cup of milk before I go to bed. There was no noticeable effect until I increased the dosage to 75 mg. twice a day. Then it seemed to reduce my pain, maybe, 25%, and improve my sleep. So, I found a cheaper source and ordered 3.5 g. for $69, which I should get by the end of the month.

This is the first seller:

https://www.thecbdistillery.com/product/99-cbd-isolate-powder-from-hemp/

I will tell you the second seller, after I have tested the product.

I notice that there are Chinese sellers on Alibaba who sell it much cheaper than American Companies but I have never used Alibaba before.

Old Witch
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

What brand or where did you purchase the oil.  Thx

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

Never heard of this CBD before. What exactly is it, if not another dangerous drug? My husband could certainly use something to help him rest at night, but he takes other drugs for  health conditions.

Sandee2
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

Yes.  I have had RA pretty severe.  Nsaids on a regular basis aren't good.  Been on all immunosuppresants.  Drops at night really help me to relax and sleep.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Do you use CBD for your health?

Message 5 of 5

CBD oil is legal in all 50 states because it is made from the hemp plant. CBC oil does not contain mind altering THC chemical found in cannabis.

I recently discovered the value of taking a few drops of CBD oil under my tongue prior to going to bed. As a result of using about 5 mg., I go to sleep quicker and have less pain due to arthritis next day. 

I was wondering if other AARP members are using CBD oil for their health? 

For those who do use CBD oil, what has been your results?

Tags (3)
Kudos
Views
Replies