Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿค” What CHALLENGE(s) Are YOU Facing RIGHT NOW?

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค” What CHALLENGE(s) Are YOU Facing RIGHT NOW?

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

***READ the comments and/or ADD a comment***

Stop by to tell us about YOUR CHALLENGE and support OTHER MEMBERS.

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Silver Conversationalist

It is here too but maybe I'm just used to it. If the sun is out in Maine it's usually noteworthy. Not the best weather in the world but we make it work somehow.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 comments (1/7/23) There is no pleasing me as I don't like much sun = hot, hot flashes./lol ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Silver Conversationalist

Lol,me neither. I like those days where its coolish but not cold,the sun is in and out but its not "sunny",a  light breeze but not windy. And i like rainy days strange as it sounds. Luv listening to it fall. Just don't like snow and blistering cold. Sadly that's usually what the next few months are like around here.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Lol, I guess I'm used to the weather in the South. I have a hard time with the cold.  Believe it or not, the last couple of weeks we have been very humid.  That's crazy for January!  We have had a few days in the 70's.  Crazy! Just keeps getting hotter and more humid here!

Rebecca
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (Thursday 1/5/23) @BeatleloverKT , @CarolynS674392 , @LeeS4949 and @jonibee ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Silver Conversationalist

Today is a weather day. Ice and freezing rain. I hear the roads are treacherous. Looks like a day to den up with the gang which is ok. I've been busy this week so I could use a house day.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 comments (Thursday 1/5/23) Well the DREADED weekend is getting closer. Thursdays (today) are ALWAYS "sad" for me. It seems everyone where I live are ENJOYING their weekends while I am busy feeling sorry for myself. Luv you all, Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Honored Social Butterfly

We must find our own joy I guess. I just donโ€™t know where to even begin. It seems impossible most days 

Bronze Conversationalist

When you find something that brings you joy make it a priority. For myself, I find getting out of the house in the morning contributes to a better overall day. I feel the warmth, breathe the air, listen to the birds, watch the squirrels play, say hello to people I encounter, and get some physical movement. My mind is then beter prepared to deal with the multitude of things we are left with to do.

I know my way does not work for other people as it does for me. It may take some self-exploration and increased awareness to find the joy.

Silver Conversationalist

Joy frequently comes from unexpected places. I've seen it happen so often to me and others. I've never believed we can "make"it happen, maybe that's for others to do for us. A small contribution to our lives as we go thru our day perhaps. Its never an exact science, more fate. I dont believe in luck.

Honored Social Butterfly

My challenges are plentiful. Sometimes just getting out of bed is the challenge of the day. These are the others Iโ€™m dealing with-

1. Getting my house ready to sell

2. Being forced to sell my vacation home, which I promised him I wouldnโ€™t, but I canโ€™t afford it 

3. Dealing with everything that happens to my 90+ parents, who are still in their home

4. Living with my 21 yo grandson, who I raised, who is a challenge unto himself

5. Living everyday with the knowledge my husbands entire side of the family walked away from me after he died 

6. Waiting for my 27 yo son (my only child) to move

away in less then three weeks

7. Just dealing with all the stuff that goes along with being alone, fixing everything and dealing with every issue with my home and life alone

Now that I see it on paper, Iโ€™m crying now. I hope my post doesnโ€™t upset anyone. Everyoneโ€™s challenges are important. Mine just feel overwhelming right now

Conversationalist

So sorry you're having a difficult time.  The family stuff must be overwhelming.  I can relate to the tasks of being alone.  Keeping up with repairs and such.  Then, for me, there's a lot of dentist and doctor appointments.  Ugh.

Trusted Social Butterfly

You only can take and do things one day at a time and slowly things will eventually start to fall into place. It's too bad that the passing of a loved one causes strife and literally being ignored or forgotten with extended families even people that you were part of their lives..You'll survive and be a stronger person and those who stood by you are the real gems...I try to do something everyday no matter how insignificant it may seem but it's a small step that will lead to healing within...I too have a dread of a day but try not to make it the focal point because there is nothing that I can do just accept it for what it is..I have my days that are filled with sadness but try to get through it by other diversions..It's comforting to be able to come to this site and talk about feelings and happenings a time to vent..Hopefully all will go well with your dealings and knowing we are here to listen...

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (Tuesday 1/3/23 7:34pm EST) @CarolynS674392 , it is so GOOD to hear from you today!!! ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Thank you, Nicole.  You always cheer me up.  You are a helpful and kind person.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (Monday 1/2/23) WE luv you @BeatleloverKT ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค— and we all have our days of not coping. Sometimes talking helps. Sometimes crying does. And sometimes NOTHING does!!! Between missing my loved ones in heaven and my only child in Florida, LAST night I was in a very DARK place. My daughter was too "busy" and life brought my friend to my rescue. Take your time my dear! We are not going anywhere and will be here when you need us ALWAYS.... Nicole

Honored Social Butterfly

So sorry to hear about your meltdown @Anonymous  I canโ€™t go a week without having one about something! Right now I have

SO MANY CHALLENGES going on I feel like Iโ€™m being smothered. I canโ€™t even put it out on here because itโ€™s so overwhelming right now. Let me think on it for a few days and I will tell my story when I think I can do it. Takes strength and courage. Donโ€™t have either right now

Silver Conversationalist

To admit that the strength and courage that you need isn't there yet is strong in and of itself.  It will come at its own pace and when it does you will use it wisely. Tell your story to whoever you choose when you're ready.  You have friends here. Be well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

3 comments (Monday 1/2/23) You are in my thoughts today @LeeS4949 and @jonibee ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค— Last night was AWFUL ๐Ÿ˜ญ but my ๐Ÿ™‚ is back today! Luv you all, Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Silver Conversationalist

I am SOOOO glad your smile is back. ๐Ÿ˜

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (Monday 1/2/23)Your emails helped! Lol, I had a "meltdown" as you know. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ Tell Buster, Penny and Olivia ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ thanks for sharing you! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Silver Conversationalist

You are so welcome.I'm so happy I could help. The chance to help is a gift you gave to me. Thank you.  ๐Ÿ˜Œ

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (Sunday 1/1/23) SAME here @LeeS4949 !!!! Good hearing from you TODAY. ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Thank you so much. Its always good to hear from you.. ๐Ÿ˜Š

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (Sunday 1/1/23) @LeeS4949 and @jonibee ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Mine is to keep convincing myself to let the past go, live the life I promised myself I would live, and continue to guard my heart. Its a day to day battle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (Saturday 12/31/23) Yes, ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ Buster, Penny and Olivia luv and need you. What an awesome reason to keep living @LeeS4949 !!!! ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Silver Conversationalist

Absolutely!!!!!

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Facing another very long Maine winter, facing it alone makes it worse. Ive been telling myself for years it was time to leave this life behind but I'm still here,hunkered down with my fur babies inside my snug house for another year. Each day I get out of bed an attack the day with humor and resolve,some days are harder than others but everyday day ends the same. Just me and my mousekateers giving each other what we need to go on. Not a bad life if you think about it.

Conversationalist

Our winter here in Michigan is dreary too.  It

@LeeS4949 wrote:

Facing another very long Maine winter, facing it alone makes it worse. Ive been telling myself for years it was time to leave this life behind but I'm still here,hunkered down with my fur babies inside my snug house for another year. Each day I get out of bed an attack the day with humor and resolve,some days are harder than others but everyday day ends the same. Just me and my mousekateers giving each other what we need to go on. Not a bad life if you think about it.

's 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP