Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

WE cry, rejoice, talk, share!

Whatever YOU need, WE are here for YOU.

***YOU are a very SPECIAL person and WE want to hear from YOU***

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

Good Morning Everyone!  Another HOT day here; just staying indoors.    Nicole, ignore the HATERS, there are too many people on this site that love you and haters do not deserve a second of your time.  Luv you.  

Honored Social Butterfly

Thank you all again for the love and support you gave me yesterday. His 5 year anniversary was a

milestone for sure. Also it comes on the heels of

his BD so I had a rough couple of weeks. We must 

rise up and go on, for thatโ€™s what our loved ones 

would want us to do ๐Ÿ’œ

Silver Conversationalist

Glad you're ok Beatle. Take care!

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

Good Morning.  For some reason this week has been a hard one; I know not why.  Went to the grave sites alone yesterday to lay flowers.  I thought being with my loved ones would help me through the week.  The grass was so thick that I could not find the marker for my son's grave.  (My daughter-in-law has yet to get the stone and refuses to visit the grave).  I went to the office and a gentlemen tried for an hour to find the marker.  He was very kind and helpful.  He went back to the office and brought back information on his phone and after another 20 minutes found the site.  He was an angel.  It seemed that the week and this event  just sucked the air out of me.  Today, I plan to start over and do better.  Thank you dear sweet Nicole for checking in on me.  

Honored Social Butterfly

@Cadee2719 What an awful experience

you had. No one should have to go thru that

at the cemetery. Thank God someone helped you and you persevered. We are strong women, even in our grief ๐Ÿ’œ

Silver Conversationalist

Cadee I'm also sorry you had that experience. The heat index itself is making us not feel good  which doesn't help overall. They say the dead walk beside us always. Take care.

Bronze Conversationalist

@ Cadee2719 , That sounds like a day that could easily suck the air out of you! I'm grateful for the angel who assisted you in finding your son's marker so you could complete your mission. 

Today is a new day and I'm wishing you air, strength, and brighter skies.

Marcy 

Conversationalist

Thank You Marcy.

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Gold Conversationalist

Hey Nicole!

TIME ZONE.JPG

Take care! โ˜ฎ๏ธ ๐Ÿ– โ›ต  ~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ  ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ›ถ

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Gold Conversationalist

Yes.... Thanks Nicole...๐Ÿ™‚

I knew it was you....but only after I was checking my profile on my way out....

Not getting but a few AARP emails anymore ๐Ÿ˜’ โ˜น๏ธ ///nothing about friends....my post replies....kudos etc  ๐Ÿ˜ฟ

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Silver Conversationalist

I hope so too and that all on this forum is well. And Nicole, it's so nice to see you back! Wasn't sure it was you till I read further...

Silver Conversationalist

Also Nicole, thank you for all the kudos! I appreciate the time and care.

Regular Contributor

I still cry.do not feel special....I know I was special  to my Husband Loss him 4-15-23,,,Now I feel nothing..Lord is with me I know   and do not know how  long My loss will effect me....I pray for all.of us...... 

Silver Conversationalist

How are you Carol? Please drop by and let us know. Thank you!

Bronze Conversationalist

Dear @CarolD435501 , It is very normal to still cry. I do too and I just passed the nine month anniversary. I think it's important to watch for things that may signal that professional help is needed. Is the crying constant? Are you doing routine things (eating, bathing, getting dressed, caring for your home, etc)? Are you engaging in hobbies or activities of interest? Are you communicating with family/friends? I could go on but you get the idea.

It sounds like you have a spiritual connection and that is a good thing. So now you are special to your husband (because you are with him and he is with you) and you feel the Lord's presence so you are special in that sense too. How about being special to family or even to yourself? Sometimes we must look and search a little deeper to see things through our grief.

Your loss will always be a part of you. Your husband was and is a significant part of your life that you won't forget. We would love to go back to that life we had with our loved one, but we can't. A book I read recently Different after You: Rediscovering Yourself and Healing after Grief and Trauma talks about going through a birth at the moment of our loved one's passing and it's not a pretty birth. The loss makes us a different person whether we like it or not, but the good thing is we can decide what our new person will be.

Know that you are special CarolD!

Conversationalist

This site recommended the book "WIDOW TO WIDOW" by Genevieve Davis Ginsburg which I found very helpful.  I read it shortly after I lost my husband but really didn't absorb it.  I have recently re-read it and find it very helpful.  It has been 8 months since I lost my husband, son and brother and will admit to having a day or two of not crying.  Grieving is a process and has no deadline.  Each person is different, but we all must realize is that we are ALIVE and are entitled to make the best of this new life.  This site has become "family" to me and has helped me in more ways than I could count.  Just remember:  One Step At A Time  We are here for you.

Honored Social Butterfly

@CarolD435501 You are having a tough

time. Please know you are special. It is

hard to see that when youโ€™re grieving.

Are you getting any help or support?
Reading a book? Lots of 
choices out there. Seeing a grief counselor? Finally,

maybe get a well visit at your Dr just

to make sure everything is okay.

Thinking of you and hoping things 

get better soon ๐Ÿ’œ

Silver Conversationalist

Beatle how are you doing today? Please drop by and let us know. Thank you!

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Nicole, lonely, nosey AARP member here. I'll take your trash to the dumpster.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Periodic Contributor

@SpringIsHereSoHappy wrote:

(8/4/23) WE cry, rejoice, talk, share!

Whatever YOU need, WE are here for YOU.

***YOU are a very SPECIAL person and WE want to hear from YOU***

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿค—

Hello, AARP member, I lost my family and look for AARP members as friends. I support AARP foundation.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Welcome Ralph.  You have a new family here.  I, too, lost three members of my family and this site and the loving people here have helped me day by day.  There is no time limit for grieving.  Each person is different.  What is important is that you take a small step EACH day moving forward.  Some days you take one step forward and two back but you just keep trying.  It has been 8 months for me and I can say that there are actual days that I am not crying.  Grieving is a process.  I have felt guilty that my husband, son and brother died within months; why not me?  This site taught me that I AM ALIVE, and am entitled to making the best of it.  You are not alone Ralph.  Welcome to the Family!

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

YOU have made my Friday!  I am SO GLAD that you are back.  Luv ya.

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP