Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

WE cry, rejoice, talk, share!

Whatever YOU need, WE are here for YOU.

***YOU are a very SPECIAL person and WE want to hear from YOU***

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—

Silver Conversationalist

Also Nicole, thank you for all the kudos! I appreciate the time and care.

Regular Contributor

I still cry.do not feel special....I know I was special  to my Husband Loss him 4-15-23,,,Now I feel nothing..Lord is with me I know   and do not know how  long My loss will effect me....I pray for all.of us...... 

Silver Conversationalist

How are you Carol? Please drop by and let us know. Thank you!

Silver Conversationalist

Dear @CarolD435501 , It is very normal to still cry. I do too and I just passed the nine month anniversary. I think it's important to watch for things that may signal that professional help is needed. Is the crying constant? Are you doing routine things (eating, bathing, getting dressed, caring for your home, etc)? Are you engaging in hobbies or activities of interest? Are you communicating with family/friends? I could go on but you get the idea.

It sounds like you have a spiritual connection and that is a good thing. So now you are special to your husband (because you are with him and he is with you) and you feel the Lord's presence so you are special in that sense too. How about being special to family or even to yourself? Sometimes we must look and search a little deeper to see things through our grief.

Your loss will always be a part of you. Your husband was and is a significant part of your life that you won't forget. We would love to go back to that life we had with our loved one, but we can't. A book I read recently Different after You: Rediscovering Yourself and Healing after Grief and Trauma talks about going through a birth at the moment of our loved one's passing and it's not a pretty birth. The loss makes us a different person whether we like it or not, but the good thing is we can decide what our new person will be.

Know that you are special CarolD!

Conversationalist

This site recommended the book "WIDOW TO WIDOW" by Genevieve Davis Ginsburg which I found very helpful.  I read it shortly after I lost my husband but really didn't absorb it.  I have recently re-read it and find it very helpful.  It has been 8 months since I lost my husband, son and brother and will admit to having a day or two of not crying.  Grieving is a process and has no deadline.  Each person is different, but we all must realize is that we are ALIVE and are entitled to make the best of this new life.  This site has become "family" to me and has helped me in more ways than I could count.  Just remember:  One Step At A Time  We are here for you.

Honored Social Butterfly

@CarolD435501 You are having a tough

time. Please know you are special. It is

hard to see that when youโ€™re grieving.

Are you getting any help or support?
Reading a book? Lots of 
choices out there. Seeing a grief counselor? Finally,

maybe get a well visit at your Dr just

to make sure everything is okay.

Thinking of you and hoping things 

get better soon ๐Ÿ’œ

Silver Conversationalist

Beatle how are you doing today? Please drop by and let us know. Thank you!

Esteemed Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Nicole, lonely, nosey AARP member here. I'll take your trash to the dumpster.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Periodic Contributor

@SummerIsTooHOT wrote:

(8/4/23) WE cry, rejoice, talk, share!

Whatever YOU need, WE are here for YOU.

***YOU are a very SPECIAL person and WE want to hear from YOU***

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿค—

Hello, AARP member, I lost my family and look for AARP members as friends. I support AARP foundation.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Welcome Ralph.  You have a new family here.  I, too, lost three members of my family and this site and the loving people here have helped me day by day.  There is no time limit for grieving.  Each person is different.  What is important is that you take a small step EACH day moving forward.  Some days you take one step forward and two back but you just keep trying.  It has been 8 months for me and I can say that there are actual days that I am not crying.  Grieving is a process.  I have felt guilty that my husband, son and brother died within months; why not me?  This site taught me that I AM ALIVE, and am entitled to making the best of it.  You are not alone Ralph.  Welcome to the Family!

Kudos
Views

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

YOU have made my Friday!  I am SO GLAD that you are back.  Luv ya.

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Honored Social Butterfly

Thank you for all the kudos!! Sleep well ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ˜ด

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I woke up this  morning and saw the emails from you.  I thought "That is not my Nicole!!!! is it?"  I quickly went to the Grief & Loss site and YES IT IS!!!!!!!!  I am writing this between crying and laughing.  I am so HAPPY that you have returned to us.  You have put so much time into this site with all your love, care and devotion.  I felt that YOU were the GLUE that held me together along with many others.  Thank You for coming back to us.  

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Silver Conversationalist

Celebrate @SummerIsTooHOT the benefits of being 65. You have earned them! Finding a doctor and dentist are positive steps toward taking care of yourself so good for you!

Marcy

Kudos
Views

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Honored Social Butterfly

So glad to see you back @SummerIsTooHOT  I knew you would return! ๐Ÿ’œ

Trusted Social Butterfly

I have had a little hiccup in my life with health issues and are addressing them to get back to healthy again..I find that i fall off the wagon eating wise when I get anxious...I am addressing things that have to be fixed around the house and sometimes that along with the day to day running of it can be over whelming..So take it one day at a time and one step at a time..no need to rush unless it's a major issue...I find that there are days when one slips back emotionally and I let the tears flow and go on from there..I still have to find that inner source of strength some days to get things done. Otherwise I'm okay knowing that there is help if i need it..This hot weather hasn't been good for any outside activities as the humidity brings every thing to a stand still ..Hopefully the weather will become that one can deal with it..Life still goes on so I make the best of it any way I can...

Conversationalist

Jonibee I truly understand what you are going through.  When my husband of 62 years passed away in October everything in my home began to break!  Having focused on him in home hospice care every day for many, many months I guess I did not pay any attention to anything else.  First my washer, then my stove top, dryer, oven, hot water heater, windshield of my car, electric panel (I am not exaggerating!! )  I was at my wits end and feeling hopeless.  Marcy, along with many others on this site walked me through these disasters and I took one step at a time.  I stopped getting so angry and upset and focused on doing what was necessary to resolve the problems.  I have learned a lot during this process and am now quite proud of myself in feeling that I have accomplished something.  I think we are so vulnerable during this time of grief that these things are just the "straw that breaks the camel's back" but we need to pat ourselves on the back realizing that we are doing it and to be proud of our accomplishments.

Silver Conversationalist

I hope you're feeling better Jonibee. Getting through all these things can wear you down. Taking time to build yourself up is a good idea. Take care!

Silver Conversationalist

In the words of Franklin D. Roosevelt, "A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor." You @jonibee encounter the rough seas, recognize them, and find ways to get through them the best way you can. Thinking of you and wishing you calmer waters ahead!

Marcy

Regular Contributor

I AM STILL IN A FOG.....WRITING IN MY JOURNAL HELPS...AND I hope to be more involved in others Grief & Loss  to help us move forward.....GOD help us all........

Silver Conversationalist

Sounds good Carol. You have a nice day now!

Silver Conversationalist

Hi @CarolD435501 . Embrace the FOG. Your loss is so new that this is a way your body can protect you. Since you mentioned that writing in your journal helps, there is a book Mindfulness & Grief by Heather Stang and you may want to check it out. It is an 8-week program that incorporates mindfulness, meditation, and journal writing. It gave me a focused task to do each day and a sense that I had accomplished something.

Strive to take care of yourself physically, emotionally, and spiritually and know that you are not alone!

Silver Conversationalist

Hi Carol. So nice to hear from you here. Expressing your thoughts and feelings in a journal is an immense help and path to emotional well being. Plus it's your own little place to put your innermost thoughts. And track your progress. Keeping up with things on a daily basis helps to feel grounded in the present day. One foot in front of the other, works. You will feel better soon. Don't forget to eat little meals or snacks throughout the day to keep depression at bay. Thank you for sharing Carol. The people here can help you!

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP