Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Trying to get through

Hello it's been a while since I've been back on line. I am about to take another step into letting my husband ashes go.Now it's hit the heart, but yet it's a step toward better things in life I have not allowed myself to be free since I lost my love. I'm not sure what's out there for me but if I make a mistake I will pick myself up. Life has taught me so much since his passing, all I could  think about there is know man that could compare to my James. I have realize that life. is a continuous part of living and that is what James would have wanted for me.As I've talked about my husband he was my white in shinny armor,he died with at home that is the day my heart died with him.It took me time to  realize GOD gave us time to share to forgive and to love.So now i'm taking a very deep breath and moving on with my life.Know more comparing men to my James.I have only been married once in my life loyal to my James.We both came from south where woman stay home and up keep didn't need any friends.He would always tell me  nothing was out there for me, my eyes see more than I have every seen.I now know I can make it. Thank you my shinny armor who I shall always love.I could not had made it this far if he had not taught me.He will always be missed in my heart. But it's time to take that step whatever it might be. 

Regular Contributor

It's been some time since I've seen a post from you but I hope the encouraging information I sent gives you comfort and a perspective different from any other you have heard. Just take a little time to absorb the information and think about the marvelous hope available to mankind.    

Regular Contributor

AARP  LOFTONPATTY94

January 11, 2019

Love is a quality that is highly valued and in the Greek language it has different degrees of meaning.  There are four forms of love used in Greek based on content.  Eros describes romantic love between husband and wife and one of the synonyms for this love is “devotion”.  This is the quality of love that existed between you and your husband. Love is not  pre-programmed.  It has to be learned.  This affection is vital between husband and wife to have a successful marriage.  Both have to work together to apply this type of love. A marriage with this love is one to be cherished.

The loss of a marriage partner is a life altering situation.  It is a void that cannot easily be filled.  Steps must be taken to close that void.  Our mind and time must be occupied with upbuilding, positive thoughts.  The best way to do that is to concentrate on the hope and promises made by the Creator of marriage, Almighty God.  The Bible provides a guarantee of better times to come.

The Bible reveals that mankind is in a sinful state, subject to sin and death.  No one is exempt from this sentence, but along with this unfavorable condition the Bible offers hope that is most comforting to those who grieve.   It is a hope of a resurrection and to reassure us of its truthfulness the Bible provides nine [9] accounts of resurrections; Jairus’ daughter and Lazarus are two of them. How is this possible?  Remember that the “Lord’s Prayer” encourages us to pray for God’s Kingdom.  It is this Kingdom that will bring about these wonderful blessings and Jesus would not have made this promise if it wasn’t guaranteed by his father Almighty God because he cannot lie. 

There are so many comforting promises that direct our attention to a positive future.  I would be pleased to share them with you and you can email me if you like.  Also, the website jw.org will provide answers to your questions.

I hope this information has helped you through your sorrow.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Wow your a good writer!

How beauitifully you explain the love of marriage.  It’s very true and it helps hearing this.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Positive attitude changes everything. I say that to myself always cause the loss of my love is very difficult and lonely.
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP