Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Loss of husband of many years

My husband passed away--and it seemed sudden but had a disease for which there was no cure. Even though I try to keep busy I often get very tearful. It's been very painful. I'm sure it's been that way for everyone. And I don't know what to expect from writing this except it feels better to share.

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Trusted Social Butterfly

(Friday 4/12/24)

@LoisG977191 , I am so sorry for your loss and I am ALWAYS here for you!!!

[1] To me, it is a DAILY journey and I have learn't to take 1 step at a time.

[2] Do you have anyone there with you? I don't but texting and calling my only child in Florida helps. I am in Virginia.

[3] We do have a DAILY CHAT THREAD and we would luv to have you join us when and IF you are interested.

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** LOIS @LoisG977191 wrote:

My husband passed away--and it seemed sudden but had a disease for which there was no cure. Even though I try to keep busy I often get very tearful. It's been very painful. I'm sure it's been that way for everyone. And I don't know what to expect from writing this except it feels better to share. ***]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

(Friday 4/12/24)

@LoisG977191 , THIS MAY HELP YOU!!! Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

@AARPsneed wrote:

I'm so sorry for your loss and to learn you're having a rough time right now but know you are not alone and there are resources available.

Thank you so much for reaching out for help. Remember there are a community of people here for you. Please take care of yourself.

AARPSneed

AARP Social Response Team

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I'm so sorry for your loss..Take each day at a time. Dealing with all the paperwork that comes with a passing can be over whelming so prioritize and do the what needs to be done and the others will follow suit..Allow yourself a grieving time as this is part of the healing one must go through..Think of the good times not the bad ...There are books that can help you with the stages of grieving as well as speaking out your thoughts and feelings on this site..You are not alone ..we are here to offer you a shoulder or a hand for your to take..Make sure you eat and carry out with your own health needs..

Trusted Social Butterfly

(Thursday 4/19/24)

Oh YES @LoisG977191 , those "memories" - some days I am crying my eyes out, others I am okay.  ๐Ÿ‘ฃ  Keep stepping!!! Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Wow! You guys are the best. I appreciate your concern. I am "okay" for now. Good days and bad days; however, I know this is normal. A memory can trigger a sad response, Thanks for your kind words of support. ***]

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

(none May 2024) @LoisG977191 , I was thinking of YOU today and hope you have been able to find some peace in your days and nights.

Your post touched my insides and hope you will stop by AGAIN when you feel up to chatting.

Take care,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (FRIDAY 4/26/24)

@LoisG977191 , I am thinking of YOU!!!

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

You are so thougtful!

Trusted Social Butterfly

APRIL 2024-3 comments (Thursday 4/18/24)

How are you doing @LoisG977191 ?

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Doing ok. Good days and bad ones. Sometimes memories trigger sadness and others generate a big smile.

Periodic Contributor

Wow! You guys are the best. I appreciate your concern. I am "okay" for now. Good days and bad days; however, I know this is normal. A memory can trigger a sad response, Thanks for your kind words of support.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

(Thursday 4/19/24)

Oh YES @LoisG977191 , those "memories" - some days I am crying my eyes out, others I am okay.  ๐Ÿ‘ฃ  Keep stepping!!! Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Wow! You guys are the best. I appreciate your concern. I am "okay" for now. Good days and bad days; however, I know this is normal. A memory can trigger a sad response, Thanks for your kind words of support. ***]

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Lois, I'm so sorry for your loss. The missing is difficult and painful. I'm glad you're stopping in at the forum. Expressing your grief a little at a time will help to lighten your days. 

Periodic Contributor

Thank you so much for your support and advice. I'm glad I joined this forum.

Trusted Social Butterfly

(Friday 4/12/24)

@LoisG977191 , I am so sorry for your loss and I am ALWAYS here for you!!!

[1] To me, it is a DAILY journey and I have learn't to take 1 step at a time.

[2] Do you have anyone there with you? I don't but texting and calling my only child in Florida helps. I am in Virginia.

[3] We do have a DAILY CHAT THREAD and we would luv to have you join us when and IF you are interested.

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

My husband passed away--and it seemed sudden but had a disease for which there was no cure. Even though I try to keep busy I often get very tearful. It's been very painful. I'm sure it's been that way for everyone. And I don't know what to expect from writing this except it feels better to share. ***]

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thank you for your kindness. I do text my sister and son a great deal and have joined various community groups. It does help little by little. Bless you.

Periodic Contributor

Thank you so much for all the advice!

Trusted Social Butterfly

I'm so sorry for your loss..Take each day at a time. Dealing with all the paperwork that comes with a passing can be over whelming so prioritize and do the what needs to be done and the others will follow suit..Allow yourself a grieving time as this is part of the healing one must go through..Think of the good times not the bad ...There are books that can help you with the stages of grieving as well as speaking out your thoughts and feelings on this site..You are not alone ..we are here to offer you a shoulder or a hand for your to take..Make sure you eat and carry out with your own health needs..

Periodic Contributor

Thank you so much!  Appreciate your support. I'm living alone but gave a sweet dog that helps me at times. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

(Friday 4/12/24)

@LoisG977191 , THIS MAY HELP YOU!!! Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

@AARPsneed wrote:

I'm so sorry for your loss and to learn you're having a rough time right now but know you are not alone and there are resources available.

Thank you so much for reaching out for help. Remember there are a community of people here for you. Please take care of yourself.

AARPSneed

AARP Social Response Team

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP