Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ก Just For TODAY!

๐Ÿ‘ค   Please REACH OUT to *1* GRIEVING person.

(A) Email/text/call (B) Visit (C) Invite to do something fun (D) Babysit/help around their house.

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Honored Social Butterfly

[1] Please leave a COMMENT on someone's post = make someone FEEL SPECIAL today!!!  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

[3] Thank you for YOUR SUPPORT of the AARP Grief & Loss Forum.

Nicole  โ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œโ€Œ

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Usually I DO NOT do this, but I paid a $3 bill at Dollar Tree for the lady IN FRONT of me at the DOLLAR TREE register.

Her card was NOT working.

I asked how much BEFORE offering to pay.

Hey, I have NOT found my Florida Sugar Daddy as yet./lol  ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Anyway, JUST FOR TODAY I felt generous.

Nicole  ๐Ÿ‘ต

Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ,

What a kind thing to do! We need so much more of this in the world - recognizing the needs of others and doing what we can to help them. In the process, I hope your act of kindness made you feel better too.

Kudos to you for helping to make the world a better place!

Marcy

Silver Conversationalist

I visited a neighbor yesterday who has been struggling with ongoing health issues. A visit means so much to people who can't get out for health/mobility issues! It was great to visit with her, it brightened her spirits, and she expressed such gratitude. โค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜ŠWin, Win!

Marcy

Honored Social Butterfly

JUST FOR TODAY, I will gather the courage to do what is right and take the responsibility for my own actions.
~~ Abigail Van Buren

Silver Conversationalist

I hope good things happen for everyone today. There's something good about each day. Yesterday I found a missing device. I stopped searching for it and it shows up! Go figure...

Gold Conversationalist

Hello MC .....I hope good things happen for MC @mc6844 Too!......

and for the 'crew' >>>> Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT and Cadee @Cadee2719 and Marcy @MarcyW882921 and Jonibee @jonibee and everyone today, including Diane @DianeB887812 Welcome to this AARP Grief & Loss Forum site....

BTW.... I read many of your posts to familiarize with your situation, and will add more comments as I can,.... hope your days get better.... today... and over time!

Anyway....

Take care all yโ€™all!

โ˜ฎ๏ธ  ๐ŸŒฉ๐ŸŒฆ~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ  โ›ต  ๐ŸŒž

Silver Conversationalist

Thank you Allen   I'm not sure what your situation is, but if you're dealing with medical issues or pain I hope it lessens. I will remember you in ๐Ÿ™ Take care!

Bronze Conversationalist

Hope you are finding the care that you need to eliminate the pain.  Thank You for caring and concern.  Sometimes simply acknowledging someone is a gift.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist

Thank you Allen for your thoughtfulness. Take care!

Honored Social Butterfly

Just for today I will smile at a stranger. I know those random smiles I receive from folks at Walmart each week does my "insides" some GOOD. Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Silver Conversationalist

Just for today...I have straightened my living space, took care of financial responsibilities, attended two online classes, will spend time outside with a friend, and sing during a rehearsal tonight! Peace, stimulation, socialization, emotional well-being, gratefulness, and joy.

Marcy

Bronze Conversationalist

I would love to her you sing.  I bet you have a beautiful voice.

Bronze Conversationalist

meant "hear"

Honored Social Butterfly

Just for today I will let the folks who show me kindness know how much this means to me. Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Silver Conversationalist

Based on my circle of friends, I have an expanded perception of a grieving person. One who has lost a home in a storm, one who has lost the ability to engage in activities due to a physical ailment, and one who is aware that their brain is not functioning as it once did. Even though they are not grieving the death of a loved one, they are grieving a loss. If you have someone like this in your circle, reach out to them too. ๐Ÿ™‚

Marcy

Silver Conversationalist

Beautifully said.

Honored Social Butterfly

Just for today I will try to remember my loved ones in a positive way. Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I had a good day yesterday - volunteering, visiting an elderly neighbor, and having dinner with a fellow widow's club member. I hope everyone else found some ways to make the holiday a little bit brighter.

Marcy 

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Just for today. Say no to what drains you further, say yes to what might offer even the smallest respite or support.

Silver Conversationalist

Amen to this @SummerIsTooHOT !

Marcy

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Just for today. Make an appointment for a massage.

*** My daughter gets them all the time. Me, never had one. What about YOU? ๐Ÿค” ***

Silver Conversationalist

I got one. Before my sister's wedding. All the bridesmaids. I wasn't impressed. But then my generation of women didn't get massages, pedicures etc. I've never gotten a pedicure. I don't like the idea of some poor girl bending over my feet. If I can pay for a pedicure it should be me helping her up from her feet. 

Silver Conversationalist

Getting a pedicure may well be helping that person to get up on their feet. It is how they make their living. That being said, I haven't had that many in my lifetime and I got my first one as a gift for my wedding in 2000. They are quite relaxing and there is a benefit to having human touch.

Marcy

Kudos
Views
Esteemed Social Butterfly

i came across a book of poems and one on grief was very meaningful..Because it was so long I didn't copy it but the name of the book is "History Will Remember When The World Stopped" (during the pandemic)by Donna Ashworth...One line that resonated is ..."Remember grief is the price you pay for Love devine; The stronger the Love the deeper the grief but Love, Love will always win in the end! 

Honored Social Butterfly

Spend time with a pet.

Silver Conversationalist

I was invited earlier in the week by another griever to join a group of us at a location on the intracoastal. It is later today and I am hoping it will be a nice diversion and social outing for all of us.

Marcy

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Think of something you want that is available; then make a plan to get it.

Silver Conversationalist

My idea of socializing has changed to what I feel up to at the time. I feel I'm social every day in some way or other. Cooking can be tiring now. I make up a batch of pasta and keep in fridge. It can be eaten cold or heated. Ready made salads are good options. Baked potato, veg, frozen fish or tenderloin is easy and nutritious. Not eating can lead to depression. I know its not easy to keep going. But you need your strength. The Grief site needs you! We all struggle with these types of things. 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP