Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ Encouragement!

Sometimes WE ALL need an encouraging word to remind us that WE WILL BE OKAY on those days/nights we are NOT FEELING OKAY!!!

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Trusted Social Butterfly

โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€ŒDiscussions about EVERYDAY life - NOT just about grief!

Sometimes WE ALL need an encouraging word to remind us that WE WILL BE OKAY on those days/nights we are NOT FEELING OKAY!!!

[1] "Grief & Loss" Book Suggestions. There is a LIST.

[2] Free AARP "Grief & Loss" Online Events EVERY MONTH for members and non-members. I post the dates and times.

โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ

[3] If you are GRIEVING "right now" - stop by to CHAT whenever you "feel" up to it!!! I am ALWAYS here for you.

Nicole  โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

How are YOU doing TODAY/TONIGHT?

โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿ‘ฃโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿ‘ฃโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿ‘ฃโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ  Keep stepping!!!

Nicole  โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿค—โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“ธ  A .gif for YOU  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

abrazo-embrace.gif

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

PM sent (4/29/24) @CarolD435501 , I hope you will stop by AGAIN! Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** CAROL @CarolD435501 wrote:

It is so hard,,,,,lost my husband of 32 years April 15th 2023....some days I seem to go forward,,,and then I fall back more days then I gained.....How long do I have to feel this,,,,no one knows,,,,but talking the others may help.../. ***]

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

PM sent (4/29/24) @AlisaH435648 , I hope you will stop by AGAIN! Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** ALISA @AlisaH435648 wrote:

My sweet husband died after a difficult surgery November 6th. I don't know how to live in this big house alone, it's so quiet. The upkeep is alot. Every room has a memory and story and shared items. I feel so heavy, my arms and legs. So **bleep** sad. I worry about money, still waiting for an attorney to do thier part (filing with courts) so I can fulfil my duty set forth in his living will. I'm just damned frightened and so so sad. I suppose this isn't one challenge. It's a challenge to just be me right now...   ***]

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“ธ  A .gif for YOU  [4/28]

for-u-hug.gif

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

PM sent (4/29/24) @VenaE974710  , I hope you will stop by AGAIN! Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** VENA @VenaE974710 wrote:

I lost my wonderful husband last October. We were only married 6 years! We knew each for 15 years, but being married really made a difference in the way in how we cared for each other. We were long distance the first two years so really we just had 4 years together. Add a brain tumor diagnosis and we just had 2 "normal " years together.

It  is hard living alone; mostly not being able to share daily life with him anymore. We made our dreams come true and then whammo, they came  tumbling down. It breaks my heart to have lost him and for him to deteriorate over the 18 months.:{  ***]

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

PM sent (4/29/24) @JuliaB831263  , I hope you will stop by AGAIN! Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** JULIA @JuliaB831263 wrote:

Thank you for those virtual hugs I needed today after I lost my 18 year old Alexis from a cancerous brain tumor known as "Glioblastoma" ***]

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

PM sent (4/28/24) @RachelW425687 , I hope you will stop by AGAIN! Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** RACHEL @RachelW425687 wrote:

Don't be afraid to stop and pause when a memory  a moment in time when our love one was by our side.  Remember,and if you close your eyes for just a minute, they will feel like they are right there. I shed a tear, but I feel the strength and i can smile now it is almost a warmth of hug around me, for I am Alone now, and never thought that would be.  .And keep telling the stories,those important moments, over and over, as we need to. The right people in your life will always listen. Even if you cry each time it's ok,cause one day you will laugh at the silly moments in time that we were so fortunate to have. Blessed it Be. ***]

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“ธ  A .gif for YOU [4/26]

friends-hug.gif

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

PM sent (4/28/24) @EricaS968839 , I hope you will stop by AGAIN! Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** ERICA @EricaS968839 wrote:

Thank you. My mom passed away almost a year ago. 10/31/22 was when she passed, unexpectedly. It's been a very tough year. My dad is in the final stages of Dementia. He is in assisted living, amd has 24/7 hospice care. I have alot of support, but as the anniversary of my mom's passing approaches, my grief is getting worse. I'm trying to plan ahead for the day, which, is also Halloween. My mom loved Halloween, so, my thought was to try to put together candy for the kiddos. She also loved children. Any ideas for getting through that day would be greatly appreciated. ***]

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

PM sent (4/27/24) @ShannonW14183 , โ€ŒI hope you will stop by AGAIN! Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—โ€Œ

[*** SHANNON @ShannonW14183 wrote:

Hi Ms. Nicole I just found this forum....1st I'd like to say thank you for having this for some of us have no one to talk to about our grief/loss  & challenges associated with it !! I'm struggling so very much right now for My mom passed Dec 08th & my birthday was the 6th! We knew she was sick but it was only a matter of week's from being told she's very sick to get family here ASAP if they want to say goodbye! MOM was in Texas & I Maryland I was also having my own medical problem when called & told to get there asap..this is 1 of my hardest challenges/struggles I was unable to get to my mom in Texas to hold her hand & tell her "your baby is here" (for I am -of 7!), to say how grateful I was to of been blessed by her being MY MOMMY!, & to have told her I LOVED HER for the last time..EVER!! The guilt is trying to consume me! I just want her to know how much I love her-ALWAYS, & I hope she can forgive me for not being able to be by her side for her final day's..I was able to talk to her on phone & tell her these things but she was to sick to reply though I think I heard her make a moanish noise in reply?! I'm very grateful other member's of the family was able to go! My other struggle is ..I don't mean to sound like a "bad person"..but I feel I lost my MOM & MY BIRTHDAY! It is no longer my special day all I can think of is it's 2 day's before losing the greatest woman in my life ! I had no idea that I'd also be mourning the loss of "my 1 day a year" that makes me "special" so to speak! I'm blown away by this bothering me I truly didn't even consider it or think it would!! Has anyone out there reading this dealing with this particular situation? How do you "handle" your birthday now? Or em I being over dramatic or over sedative due to loss of mom?! Any helpful advice on either struggle would be BEYOND APPRECIATED! Thank you again for this forum and for LISTENING! I'm truly humbled.. ***]

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

PM sent (4/27/24) @ec73392645 , I hope you will stop by AGAIN! Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** ESTELLE @ec73392645 wrote:

So sorry for your loss.  I lost my life partner of 21 years 8/27 so I needed help reached out and I joined GriefShare.  If you go to their website griefshare.org and type in your zip code a list of groups will appear that are near where you live.  So far I have found it quite helpful and I also go for one on one counseling with a certified counselor.

Don't be afraid to reach out.  There is a great deal of support out there.  You just have to search for it.  Best of luck!

Estelle Coffino ***]

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ’ค  (Thursday 4/25/24) Try to get some "rest" tonight at your "bedtime" Kim @KimberlyM389662 and Cadee @Cadee2719 .

Luv you BOTH,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

โ€œFor each thorn, there's a rosebud...

For each twilight - a dawn...

For each trial - the strength to carry on,

For each storm cloud - a rainbow...

For each shadow - the sun...

For each parting - sweet memories when sorrow is done.โ€

~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/24/24) Cadee @Cadee2719 , YOU are in my thoughts TODAY! Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Hi Nicole.  Still unpacking ๐Ÿคช  Met a neighbor, so friendly.  She invited me to the 4th of July block party.  This was the right decision for me.  How is your daughter doing?  How are YOU doing?  I don't have my computer hooked up yet so I apologize as I am using my phone and it is harder to use.

@SpringIsHereSoHappy wrote:

(4/24/24) Cadee @Cadee2719 , YOU are in my thoughts TODAY! Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Trusted Social Butterfly

Oh my goodness I have MISSED YOU Cadee @Cadee2719 !!!

And thank you SO MUCH for asking about my daughter.

She is still NOT wanting to talk, just text a "hi" each day so I DO NOT call the Florida police to check on her.

Me, worrying as we had BOTH said - they are "adults" but our "babies"...

SO GLAD you are NOW in Idaho!!!  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Luv you,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

โ€œNever. WE never lose our loved ones. They accompany us; they donโ€™t disappear from our lives. WE are merely in different rooms.โ€

~~Paulo Coehlo

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Nicole,  I am trying to have faith but, I am having a really hard time. My disability has been denied for a second time. I contacted another lawyer because,  mine point blank s**ks. The only contact is initiated by me and I am tired of it. It's been 3 years and nothing. I told my BFF that I am either ready for the looney bin or death, whichever comes first. I am just struggling very badly. I don't know what else to do. I can't take care of my house, myself and feel like I am a crappy Mom for my son.I have no money,  bank account is in the red and have no way to pay for anything. On top of all that, my Mom was diagnosed with mild dementia and I am all she has because my brother is being a douchebag and is looking for homes in Florida.  He is not speaking to us because I finally after years told his wife off and how I feel about her. Also he is trying to say that I am committing elder abuse because Mom has been helping me pay bills. Then my daughter said that she would have to testify against me and then I would lose my son to the state because she couldn't "take him right now. Maybe in a few years." This is her BROTHER and she doesn't want him. Like I really need this right now. I also had eye surgery on Friday to have benign tumors removed  I just don't know what to do. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Kim @KimberlyM389662 , goodness - you are dealing with WAY TOO MUCH!!!

I am SO SORRY.

Hmmm, have you tried contacting your LOCAL MEDIA. Maybe a reader may see your story and can help you.

As far as family, they can sometimes be a pain when we need them.

Luv you,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“ธ  A .gif for YOU [4/22]

animated-animation.gif

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

PM sent (4/24/24) @tttttt , I hope you will stop by AGAIN! Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** @tttttt wrote:

Good evening 

My husband Ron passed away 9/13/2023 and I need to get into a group that will help me through this. Or I may have a nervous break down. ***]

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

(4/24/24 NO PM) @DianeE3158 , I hope you will stop by AGAIN! Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** DIANE @DianeE3158 wrote:

My husband passed away on 2/22/24 and I am having a hard time emotionally.  I don't know what to do. It's like I am in a "brain fog". I need direction and I need help. Should I seek out a psychiatrist? I don't have any friends to talk to and I don't belong to any groups. I live in a tiny rural town. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you! ***]

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ“ธ  A .gif for YOU [empty]

happy-birthday.gif

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

(3 comments) Yikes Cadee @Cadee2719   ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ  and SO SORRY this is happening  ๐Ÿ˜ญ  HANG IN THERE STRONG LADY. As we always say ๐Ÿ‘ฃ (1 step). As we AGE, we will be "chauffered" around/lol. Try to do what you can. Please keep us updated when you can  ๐Ÿค—

[***  CADEE @Cadee2719 wrote:

I need some "encouragement"!  Took my car in on the 17th.  Needs a new gas tank.  I was smelling gas.  They could not find the leak.   Ordered a new tank on the 18th.  They called me on the 20th. - BACKORDERED!!!!!!  I told them I have doctor appointments next week and they CANNOT keep my car for a week and not fix it.   S T I L L    W A I T I N G...........  ***]

Conversationalist

Just got my car back.  Hoping they really fixed it!  We shall see.  One more Step Forward. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm glad it finally worked out in the end...

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

The saga continues........ They got the gas tank.  While removing the old one they broke the clip holding the tank (the car is old) and had to order one from CHICAGO!!  They have had my car a week and I am still waiting for the repairs to be done and this is a dealership doing the repair!!!!!  I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I am promised that if my car is not done, they will  have someone take me to the doctors.???  I have been very patient but this is getting ridiculous.   I cannot wait to get out of this state.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP