Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

READ the comments and/or ADD a comment.

***A place to share and support***

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Screenshot_20230530-033419_Chrome.jpg

๐Ÿ“ธclipart attached๐Ÿ“ธ

Conversationalist

I am amazed that he came inside already.  I use to get feral cats fixed and would feed them. I had one that came back for many many years to visit me BUT would not allow me to pet him, nor would he come into the house.  One day I see this sick, old cat at my door looking in at me.  It was Whitey.  I tried to feed him and put out a warm bed with a heating pad in it.  He just stared at me.  He was so sick.  He laid in the bed I made and within 15 minutes he died.   He came home to die.  Our family was the one on the street that people brought a turtle they found, a bird with a broken wing which we healed, a rabbit, a lost dog, cat.  We took care of them and in some cases found their  owners. This taught my kids to be patient, caring and to have empathy for those in need.  I had two indoor cats and when they died I decided that I cannot go through more loss in my life.  As much as I love animals I don't think I am brave enough to get another.  I am so glad that you are taking care of this cat.  I pray that you will find a place to live that will be quiet and peaceful.  โค๏ธ

Esteemed Social Butterfly

[1 comment] How are you guys doing?  ๐Ÿค”

My Walmart Out Of Food Run today. I have NOT seen Employee Dalinda since BEFORE Memorial Day. HOPE her a Camping Trip went well.

Everyone FIND YOUR PEACE TODAY,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ,

I'm sorry you haven't seen Dalinda for awhile. I hope she is OK and her camping trip was enjoyable.

I found out yesterday that my neighbor was in the hospital. I stopped in to cheer her up on my way home from my dental appointment this morning. It is so beautiful when you can bring a smile to someone's face who is facing life's challenges!

Marcy

[1 comment] Finally!!!  ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

Lol, you had stopped by when I could NOT post.

Aha, I see my BEGGING finally paid off = you stopped by.  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

So, I am guessing I will give you a WEEK before I start BEGGING/lol  ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

ENJOY your Monday Marcy @MarcyW882921 .

Luv you SO MUCH,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Silver Conversationalist

Thanks Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT !

๐Ÿค—

Marcy

[1 comment] Thank you SO MUCH for the recipe Ms. Gourmet Cook Cadee @Cadee2719 !!!  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

NO PRESSURE as usual, but IF interested I am heading to post directions on how I post pictures here.

Anyone heard from Marcy @MarcyW882921 ???

Luv you SO MUCH,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Happy Monday...I'm still here! It was a very busy week with rehearsals and performances. A creepy migraine tried to spoil the fun, but I managed to work through it. I started this week with a couple of volunteering activities yesterday. A dose of gratefulness for all that we have is good for the soul!

Marcy

[1 comment] Finally made it to Kroger. Lol, Mr. No Name was WAITING by my car for me MEOWING up a storm. Came back in to FEED him. My boy!!!

20240624_100541.jpg

๐Ÿ“ธ  Picture Attached  ๐Ÿ“ธ

Conversationalist

I think you got yourself a cat.  ๐Ÿ˜€  โค๏ธ

[1 comment] How are you guys doing? ๐Ÿค”

Today is my day to stop by the Kroger Customer Service down my hill to cash in my WINNING Lottery Scratch-Off Tickets.

Lol, I don't shop there - just cash out.

Tomorrow is my Weekly Grocery Trip to Walmart. I TRY TO AVOID their AWFUL Customer Service Department when I can.

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Gold Conversationalist

Hi Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT

TRY TO AVOID their AWFUL Customer Service

TRY TO AVOID their AWFUL Customer ServiceTRY TO AVOID their AWFUL Customer Service

HAHAHA

As always, ...Stay safe....&...Take care!

โ˜ฎ๏ธ  ๐ŸŒฉ๐ŸŒฆ~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ  โ›ต  ๐ŸŒž

[2 comments] SO GOOD to hear from you Ms. Idaho aka Cadee @Cadee2719  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Yikes, Mountain Lion!!!  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Lol, oh NO - I look out my door before I step out to check for snakes here in Virginia. And I do not care IF they are friendly/lol  ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

They say Black Snakes are harmless and good for the environment. Well good, but they NEED to be somewhere else, thank you. When I go outside to feed Mr. No Name, I have my SNAKE SHOES on. NO sandals. My feet are covered up.

Oh my goodness, I wish you would post pictures of your birds. I bet that is one BEAUTIFUL site.  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

I am SO SORRY about your medical stuff and that is one thing I am NOT looking forward to = changing states. Lol, was TRYING to convince my daughter to return to Virginia but NO - declared she left Florida ONE time and NOT repeating. She was born there and she needs to be their Poster Child.

Luv you SO MUCH,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

SNAKES!!!!!!  OH NO, I WOULD MOVE TO ANOTHER STATE.  I HATE THEM, I FEAR THEM AND DON'T WANT TO BE ANYWHERE NEAR ONE.  ๐Ÿ˜ซ    I could take a picture of the birds but am not sure how to download to this site.  I guess your daughter is committed to staying in Florida and there is nothing you can do to change her mind.  I hope she finds the job she wants in order to remain there.   Yes, mountain lion.  They have even built a ramp over top of the 101 Freeway for safe passage for the mountain lions to go over!   It seems like there is not enough food for them in the Santa Monic mountains.   I do have a recipe for you:

Short Ribs

4 medium carrots cut into 1" pieces

1 cup of frozen pearl onions  (eliminate if you do not like onions)

4 minced garlic cloves

4 pounds of bone-in-beef short ribs (browned) in 1 Tablespoon oil

1  14 1/2 oz. diced tomatoes

3/4 cup low sodium beef broth

1/4 cup dry red wine

1/4 cup chopped parsley

1 Bay leaf

2 Tablespoons cornstarch

2 Tablespoons tomato paste

Brown ribs in separate pot.  Put into a crockpot.  Add carrots, onions, garlic  Mix tomatoes, broth, wine, parsley, cornstarch & tomato paste and pour over ribs.  Add bay leaf.  Cook on HIGH for 4 1/2 hours or till ribs are done and tender.  Skim off any fat.

This can be served on cheesy polenta, mashed potatoes or noodles.    ENJOY!     ๐Ÿ˜€

Silver Conversationalist

Thanks for the recipe Cadee @Cadee2719 . It look very good and I will try it one day!

Marcy

[1 comment] How are you doing?  ๐Ÿค”

73 degrees here in Cave Spring, Virginia with a HIGH of 93.  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Yes, Summer is officially here!!! And as my username states - TOO HOT.  ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Any vacations or road trips?

Jonibee @jonibee , YOU are one strong and caring lady. I hope you will be back when you get all those medical things sorted out.

Cadee @Cadee2719 , I bet you have been ENJOYING the birds who visit your feeder. It was a feeder??? Lol, yes - this Old Lady forgot.  ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„  Do you have any FAVORITE recipes Ms. Gourmet Cook?

My daughter is still job hunting in Florida for an Engineering job. Still REFUSING to leave Florida for BETTER job prospects. She left an AWESOME job in Arlington, Virginia and headed back to Florida. She is still VERY ACTIVE with her volunteer work at her old High School and NSBE. Yes, she is back to chatting with her Old Ma [me].  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Marcy @MarcyW882921 , I bet you have been SINGING up a storm. Would luv to hear about your EXCITING life when you can. Hope your roof is nearly finished and you are well.  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

MC @mc6844 , luv your NEW discussion and look forward to more.  ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Allen @Therapist4u , keep laughing my friend and HAPPY Sunday.  ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Well, Ms. G left out water and food for my boy when she was last here on Friday. Lol, LAST NIGHT [Saturday] it took me going over there AFTER he totally IGNORED me when I called to SEE this. There has been NO FOOD with her moving. But he was a gentleman and did give me some luv and had a FEW bites of food I had for him BEFORE hopping up on her porch to eat. Aha, I told him - you got your PREFERRED menu I see./lol  ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

He use to have her running to store to get chicken because his mouth was sore. Nope, Ms. G, he just spoilt and refuses the cheap cat food she had been buying once he won her over last year when his humans (her neighbors) left him behind. He will miss her I know when she is all moved. I heard through my neighbor [Ms. In Everybody's Biz  ๐Ÿ™„] that she is NOT taking cat. This lady lives in a Studio Apt like me and has the cutest cat named Sweetie. Sweetie does NOT like Mr. No Name and RAN him off./lol  ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Ms. G or her son has NOT told me about moving, this neighbor did - I am glad she did so I knew Mr. No Name had NO food. Lol, I keep my Nosey Neighbor at a distance so MY BIZ is not all over the apartment complex. Luv her CUTE cat!!!  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘  She is suppose to be INDOOR but darts out her Mom's front door every chance she gets.

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Gold Conversationalist

Hi, Nicole! @SummerIsTooHOT...

hope youโ€™re doing well!๐Ÿ‘

RE: Also hope Nicole is OK...

NOW WE KNOW WHY!

ALL DUE TO AARP CRAP...LOL!!๐Ÿ˜„

RE: Allen  keep laughing my friend and HAPPY Sunday.

THANKS!

AND A HAPPY NEW WEEK 2 U!

Had to chuckle at: They say Black Snakes are harmless and good for the environment. Well good, but they NEED to be somewhere else, thank you. When I go outside to feed Mr. No Name, I have my SNAKE SHOES on. NO sandals. My feet are covered up.๐Ÿ

Glad to hear: >>>> daughter is >>>>Yes, back to chatting with her Old Ma!๐Ÿ“ฑ

HAPPIER HAPPIER.JPG

Anyway...

โ˜ฎ๏ธ  ๐ŸŒฉ๐ŸŒฆ~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ  โ›ต  ๐ŸŒž

[1 comment] How are you guys doing?  ๐Ÿค”

I had a rough night but survived I guess. Now to get my mind on track to see what TODAY has in store for me.  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Lol, well my boy played hard to get last night. Didnot see him on the sidewalk in front of Ms. G's Front Porch at 10pm. His usual time to be all HANDSOME and pose for us all - lounging.

So I went over, calling him several times.  ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

He eventually walks out from wherever he was  ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”  and looks at me and his food dish in my hand. Instead of rushing to EAT when I put it down close to him - he walks away, lays down and totally ignores me and food.

Aha, in one of his moods/lol  ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Anyway, got him to eat after several minutes of sweet talk. That's my spoilt boy...

Ms. G's son just arrived. Early and a Saturday. Must mean she will be here shortly and maybe it is the U-haul truck day. Will be interesting when NEW people move in = will they tolerate the cat hanging around, will he continue to lounge on the sidewalk over there. That will now be 2 sets of HUMANS who have left him BEHIND once Ms. G moves. 1st set was his OWNERS. 2nd set Ms. G who lives 1 door away from where they use to live. She is NOT here at nights THIS MONTH and pops in now and again. I am 66 and she is older than me, so maybe her son is doing ALL the packing for her.

Luv you ALL Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Silver Conversationalist

Sorry you had a rough night. Not fun. Hope you get some rest. Take care Nicole. You and everyone on the forum I remember in prayer.

Kudos
Views

[1 comment] Hi MC @mc6844 , yes - AARP fixed that glitch yesterday.

Luv you VERY MUCH,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** MC @mc6844 wrote:

I hope you are all well on the forum. I wasn't able to login. But I tried again today and it was ok. ***]

Silver Conversationalist

I can imagine all the people who must be on the Aarp site  at the same time. Times of flux. There are lots of interesting classes and events on the site. I attended one grief event. Good information.

(1 comment) THANK YOU AARP for fixing your glitch!!!  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

How is everyone doing?  ๐Ÿค”

UPDATE on Mr. No Name!!!

I found out through the grapevine that Ms. G is moving = reason for her car NOT being here on a regular basis.

Finally got his SPOILT b.tt to walk over to my porch TONIGHT, saving me having to walk over to her porch.

Been reading up on Feral Cats and finally figured out 10pm is HIS TIME TO LOUNGE on the sidewalk in front of her porch.

Now to HOPE he comes over AGAIN tomorrow night when I call him. Lol, probably look my way and NOT move.  ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

He has ADDED so much to my life. Less time to miss my daughter in Florida and less time to worry about her being laid off. My boy...

Luv you ALL,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Welcome back Nicole ๐Ÿ‘   I caught two feral cats many years ago, got them fixed and then gave them to my son.   It took many years of patience and love to convert them into friendly, loving, devoted pets.  They actually became indoor cats and lived to a ripe old age.   Wish you luck with  him.  Now at his new home he has ANOTHER cat that comes to visit him!!  

Conversationalist

Is this site down AGAIN?  Does AARP want to eliminate this site and the people on it?  I don't understand what the problem is and why it happens over and over again.  It would be sad to eliminate a site that has HELPED a lot of people and is viewed by so many.  

๐Ÿ˜ด  (5 comments) Sweet Dreams Everyone  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Nicole, just checking to make sure you are ok.  Be safe.  

Conversationalist

I am hoping that all of my friends in Florida ARE NOT being affected by the heavy rains.  Be Safe.  I am adjusting to my new weather patterns:  Today it will be 80 and this weekend a cold front from Alaska is moving in!!!  I have learned, wait five minutes and the weather will change.  ๐Ÿ˜€   I love it.

Silver Conversationalist

We got a lot of rain here last week that we desperately needed. Fortunately in my area it didn't cause any flooding. Happy Monday!

Marcy

Conversationalist

Glad to hear you are ok.  Be safe    Hope Nicole is ok and others living in Florida.

Gold Conversationalist

Hi Marcy! @MarcyW882921

We also got a lot of rain here last week that we desperately needed....and it didn't cause any flooding.

Also hope Nicole is OK

Happy Tuesday!

~Allen

(1 comment) Marcy @MarcyW882921 , how long should I wait before I send a Search Party to locate you/lol.

On the serious side, I know you stay busy.

Hope you are well  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP