Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Senior Dating/Companionship Service

Does AARP recommend any type of dating/companionship service for seniors (widowed women particularly) who can assist with matching like minded, similarly aged individuals.  I would love to find someone to share entertaining activities together in my area.  Any recommendations?

Contributor

Start one in ur community. Put an ad out. Have like a center or something u and couple friends have a mix and mingle. Anyone who participates must show identification such as an drivers license and must be an aarp member. U know figure out something it’s tough. I want to do this myself. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I recently tried three:  Ourtime.com, SilverSingles.com and ChristianMingle.com.   I have to say that none of them are the ticket.  After six months on each site, I have been sad to see that most of men who respond or who reach out initially, end up being scammers or computers.  I know that sounds incredible, but whenever I am having a conversation with someone, I am contacted by the site telling me he is being investigated for fraud.   Really?

If you find a good site, share it, please.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I (retired man) tried OurTime based on the AARP article. It was a dud with many inactive profiles or profiles that had no information other than a single photo. These profiles would be sent to me repeatedly. I was able to obtain a refund after multiple emails, which took several days in between. I reported the lack of offered service/product to PayPal and CapitalOne (credit card used) and then threatened legal action. Within an hour, OurTime issued the refund and confirmed by PayPal.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ms17465365 Check out our list of 15 dating apps for the over 50 crowd: https://www.aarp.org/home-family/personal-technology/info-2021/online-dating-apps.html

You can also find dating and relationship advice on our site: https://www.aarp.org/home-family/dating/ready-to-date/ I wish you the best of luck!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Please consider removing OurTime dating app from your recommendations. They are difficult to deal with and the services provided fall short on anything useful (my area is St. Louis, MO region). The price is high compared to the competition.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP