Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

No Longer receiving notification Email

Apparently something has changed with the notification system in the Forum Software.  All of a sudden I no longer receive email notifications about activity to threads I subscribe to. Also Kudo notifications or posts that mention my screen name.  What's going on?

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Check your account.  I found that I was unsubscribed to all the AARP emails.  When I put in to subscribe to them I received emails to verify my email address.  These went to my spam folder. I called AARP because I didn't think they were legitimate.   I was told that my email address must be new because it has never been verified.  That is very strange since it is the same email I have used for years.  I just wanted to make sure these emails you legitimate.  She verified that they were and that I needed to to click the link to verify my email address.  Until it is verified I would not receive emails from AARP.  There definitely must be a glitch in their system that caused some people to be listed as new. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello:

Unfortunately, that is not my problem.  I get all AARP emails (about 5 or 6 different ones) that I subscribe to just fine in my Inbox.  I am just unable to receive Instant Win notification emails with the winning link/reward.  I also check my spam and junk mail folders.

FYI:  I can receive Point Redemption emails with links.

Thank you for trying to help.  Take care and have a good day.

M. White

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@jimc91  -  Check your spam folder. Several of us discovered our emails were not being recognized by our email provider and going into spam.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@MaVolta Yeah I thought that might be the case, but it did not get routed to my spam/junk mail box.  It seems like they just stopped being sent.  I use a Mac computer with Mac mail on my phone and tablet.  This is just a mystery and happened all of a sudden about 2 weeks ago.

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
Contributor

I have been having problems with the Rewards notifications for several months.  I don't receive Instant Win emails with links for the win and other sweepstakes emails.  I don't know if I've won.  I have recently taken note of My Total Savings.  My Total Savings on the Rewards dashboard continue to change with the wins but no links are being received.  Strange thing is that if I do a Point Redemption, I get the email right away.  I receive all emails from AARP that I have subscribed to. They tell me to check my spam and junk mail and I have.  I have put their email on my safe senders list per their instructions also but nothing.  The Rewards dept seem to be aware of my wins, however, unless I request (after numerous phone calls and emails), they will not send me the missing winning links.  Previously, I did receive these win emails.  Is anyone else having this problem?  Their technical team seems unable to solve this.  This is a mystery and a nuisance for me.  I am a paying member of AARP membership.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Same thing is to me, no email with my win.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@da6628 Let's look into this. Please send me a private message and provide me with some more information about your missing win email: How to Send a Private Message 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP