Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

BMI Calculator

The BMI calculator does not give me a number when I hit calculate

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

When you hit calculate it does 'not' give you a number; instead, your screen will recede/ move down to one of four 'Results'  = this is the estimated level you are.  There is no number given = this is how it works here.

You will see something like this - Example:

Results

BMI between 18.5 and 24.9

What Your Number Means: Congrats! Your BMI suggests you have a healthy weight. The trick will be to maintain your weight and not gain additional pounds.

How to Understand Your Results: Keep in mind that BMI has its limits. BMI recommendations differ based on your gender and other variables. For instance, your muscle tone plays a role as you age. Learn more about how age, race and gender might affect BMI results... etc...

0 Kudos
Contributor

Your BMI calculator is sloppily designed. 

It it is intended to be helpful, it should give a table for a healthy weight & BMI ranges for your height, gender, age, & body type.
Only "overweight" for 5'-8" at 440#, is irresponsible. It is obese, not just overweight. 

Or even an NIH link to their calculator would be less work and much more helpful. 

BMI Categories:
<19 = Underweight
19โ€“25 = Normal weight
25โ€“30 = Overweight
>30 = Obesity

I use Firefox on Win10Pro.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP