Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

Mahjongg Solitaire

Anyone know how to stop the annoying falling flower petals from dropping while playing Mahjong Solitaire?

Retired Community Manager

Hi, everyone! In Mahjongg Solitaire we've enabled the option to turn off the falling flower petals. That's found under Settings, like so:

Turn off PetalsTurn off Petals

Regular Contributor

Hopefully this will be my final post on the issue.  I did hear again from Arkadium Support and they said they will create a way to turn off the falling flower petals when they do the next update.  There is no telling when that next update will be, or if they'll follow through, but perhaps there is a glimmer of hope.  Thanks to all who weighed in! 

Social Butterfly

Thank you @MichaelM02067 .

Thanks, @MichaelM02067 and others for posting here. We're looking into this as well.

Regular Social Butterfly

This was a topic a couple of years ago; there will not be a change unless AARP buys Arkadium and orders the programmers to stop the falling leaves... Check history; it will not change.

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Regular Contributor

Thank you Lynne.  I did hear from Arkadium again and they said the AARP version had been updated to the latest version, which evidently includes the floral flurries.  

I appreciate your looking into this on our behalf. -MM

Thanks for circling back, @MichaelM02067. You're welcome; it's my pleasure!

Regular Contributor

Update 2: I heard back from Arkadium and they say there is no way to turn off the cascading petals.  I pointed out that they just appeared recently so there is probably some way to turn it off on their end, but I don't expect much from them.  

If you are so inclined use the "Contact Arkadium Support" link, found at the bottom of the page, to let them know.  It might not work but it could be worth the effort. 

I can't STAND them! Just filled out 2 feedback forms with my complaint. I use these games to destress and I want to throw my laptop across the room. I quit!

Regular Contributor

Update: I contacted Arkadium about the issue.  I'll provide an update if I hear back. 

Contributor

I don't know how to stop them, either, and agree they are annoying. I may give up on games because they are now in a format way to small with a large flashing ad to the right of the small game screen.

Contributor

Good question! These just popped up today! Very distracting...doesn't add to the game quality at all!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP