Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Retired Community Manager

AARP's Newest Daily Game, Today's Hurdle

Have you been caught up in the word game craze? If you like Wordle, then try out AARPโ€™s newest daily game, Todayโ€™s Hurdle! Each day you get not one, but five different word puzzles. Guess the five-letter word in six tries or less to get to the next puzzle. If you get to the fifth and final puzzle, the first four rows pre-fill with the other answers, giving you clues to the final word.

Preview this fun, challenging twist on Wordle before 2/15/23. A new game is available each day at 12 midnight EST โ€“ the countdown clock on your statistics screen shows when the next game will be ready. 

Good luck and enjoy!

Contributor

I was stumped with yesterdayโ€™s Hurdle. Where are the answers from the day before? I couldnโ€™t get past the sentence word 

Hi @MonicaM688023, if you make 6 unsuccessful attempts to guess the five-letter word, the next screen reveals the answer but you have to complete the round for the word to be shown to you.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Why is no one responding to the question about how people are scoring so high, higher than the scoring system permits?

@Pookah; @t500926r; @r767831w: Anyone scoring above 10,800 is playing in Hard Mode. In hard mode your score will be multiplied by 1.5 so the highest score is 10,800 * 1.5 = 16,200 points.

To enable hard mode, click on the "hamburger" menu in the top left corner, click on Settings and enable the Hard Mode.
Hurdle Settings | Hard ModeHurdle Settings | Hard Mode

0 Kudos

when I try to enable Hard Mode I get "Hard mode can only be enabled at the start" - start of what?  Thanks!  I love this game and want to improve my scores.  I think I already play in hard mode, just didn't know about the feature.

0 Kudos
Contributor

How do people get scores of 14,550? Same folk every day. Figured they cheated. I gave my wife the words, she got a perfect 10,800. Where does 14550 come from? Nobody begins with GIZMO and follows with DOWRY. Makes it bad for real players. 

Contributor

no kidding holds true for a lot of the gamesโ€ฆ.just sayin 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP