Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Retired Community Manager

AARP's Newest Daily Game, Today's Hurdle

Have you been caught up in the word game craze? If you like Wordle, then try out AARP’s newest daily game, Today’s Hurdle! Each day you get not one, but five different word puzzles. Guess the five-letter word in six tries or less to get to the next puzzle. If you get to the fifth and final puzzle, the first four rows pre-fill with the other answers, giving you clues to the final word.

Preview this fun, challenging twist on Wordle before 2/15/23. A new game is available each day at 12 midnight EST – the countdown clock on your statistics screen shows when the next game will be ready. 

Good luck and enjoy!

Contributor

I was stumped with yesterday’s Hurdle. Where are the answers from the day before? I couldn’t get past the sentence word 

Hi @MonicaM688023, if you make 6 unsuccessful attempts to guess the five-letter word, the next screen reveals the answer but you have to complete the round for the word to be shown to you.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Why is no one responding to the question about how people are scoring so high, higher than the scoring system permits?

@Pookah; @t500926r; @r767831w: Anyone scoring above 10,800 is playing in Hard Mode. In hard mode your score will be multiplied by 1.5 so the highest score is 10,800 * 1.5 = 16,200 points.

To enable hard mode, click on the "hamburger" menu in the top left corner, click on Settings and enable the Hard Mode.
Hurdle Settings | Hard ModeHurdle Settings | Hard Mode

0 Kudos

when I try to enable Hard Mode I get "Hard mode can only be enabled at the start" - start of what?  Thanks!  I love this game and want to improve my scores.  I think I already play in hard mode, just didn't know about the feature.

0 Kudos
Contributor

How do people get scores of 14,550? Same folk every day. Figured they cheated. I gave my wife the words, she got a perfect 10,800. Where does 14550 come from? Nobody begins with GIZMO and follows with DOWRY. Makes it bad for real players. 

Contributor

no kidding holds true for a lot of the games….just sayin 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP