Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Right Again! Trivia Contest 2021

Do you love trivia?  Who doesn’t? Trivia games aren’t just fun – they also test your knowledge and help you learn new things! 

In our new AARP Online Community Right Again! Trivia Contest we’re looking for the best 70’s and 80’s Pop Culture Trivia from our community members like you. We’re talking music, movies, TV, fashion, dance crazes, games … even food.  To be entered in the contest, share your ideas for questions and answers and you’ll get a chance to win one of five (5) $50 VISA gift cards along with 50 AARP Rewards Points.  A panel of judges appointed by AARP will select the top five trivia question winners, which may be selected for use in AARP’s new Right Again! Trivia game, coming soon.

Contest Details

Reply to this discussion to share your 70’s and 80’s Pop Culture trivia question. Entries are accepted from Monday, September 6 until midnight September 25, 2021. Official Rules here

AARPTeri
Contributor

QUESTION:

A catistrophic nuclear accident was averted at ______________ near Harrisburg, PA in 1979.

ANSWER:

Three Mile Island

Trusted Contributor

Periodic Contributor

No.  It was Pripyat in Ukraine.   The facility was called Chernobyl.  

Trusted Contributor

Social Butterfly

I tried one and never got it to grow. Of course, I don't have luck with growing a cactus either. What was funny was all the types of animals and people that came out over the years. I wonder if anyone has collected all of them?

Trusted Contributor

Trusted Contributor

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Dorothy Hamil

Trusted Contributor

Periodic Contributor

Watergate salad

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakout® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP