Community Manager
Community Manager

What are you reading?

Does anyone have any good book recommendations? I'm finishing up "The Testaments" by Margaret Atwood. I highly recommend it, but now I'm looking for new suggestions.

Thanks!

Rachel

P.S. I saw this post on AARP.org recently. It has some recommendations for new books. Check it out: https://www.aarp.org/entertainment/books/info-2020/spring-books-preview.html?cmp=EMC-DSO-NLC-WBLTR--...

Super Contributor

I write a blog giving recommendations for books about adults over 50,RipeReads.net I just finished a fun book called The Lager Queen of Minnesota by J. Ryan Stradal, and am now loving reading A Year by the Sea by Joan Anderson. 

Social Butterfly

@UpperHandsPiano Fantastic blog! Great reading list.  I'm going to check out some of your recommendations soon!  Did read "The Midnight Library" and enjoyed it.  Just started "The Golden Notebook" , long, over 600 pages.  An awfully big bite to tackle.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@AARPRachelA  I just finished "Essentialism" by Greg McKeown, and it really is a wonderful book.  It talks about how we use our time, and how we might want to reevaluate that.  Highly recommend.  

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@AARPRachelA , Just finished David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell.  Love his stuff;  he really makes you think!  Christine

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Well, I'm late to this party, and reading everything Diana Gabaldon has written (Outlander series and more). She has a new book coming out around thanksgiving 2021 too!

Also reading a few historical novels from Beverly Jenkins and a number of books on Smashwords where downloads are especially inexpensive and offer a wide variety of genres.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

More in line with health, I've just read:

1. Dodging Energy Vampires by Dr. Christiane Northrup

2. The Empath's Survival Guide by Dr. Judith Orloff

I highly recommend them both to shed light on your business and personal relationships.

MsNYC62
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@AARPRachelA wrote:

Does anyone have any good book recommendations? I'm finishing up "The Testaments" by Margaret Atwood. I highly recommend it, but now I'm looking for new suggestions.

Thanks!

Rachel

P.S. I saw this post on AARP.org recently. It has some recommendations for new books. Check it out: https://www.aarp.org/entertainment/books/info-2020/spring-books-preview.html?cmp=EMC-DSO-NLC-WBLTR--...

If you like Margaret Atwood I suggest Isabel Allende.

Daughter of Fortune followed by Portrait in Sepia.

Honored Social Butterfly

I'm re-reading the Arab Table. It's a cookbook, but has stories related to the different recipes, and how they differ as you travel through the Middle East.

My husband is Arab, and I love the peek into his culinary culture..

The Arab Table: Recipes and Culinary Traditions https://www.amazon.com/dp/0060586141/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_WoPIEb1JZ5YJ1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know
More From AARP