Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What Does The Future Hold For You?

Social Butterfly

What Does The Future Hold For You?

As all these new variants hit the news cycle, ( yes and the news from Afghanistan ) it's easy to get discouraged, frustrated, angry and even depressed. I had a recent loss in my family of someone just starting out in life (21). It was a shocking and heartbreaking thing to take place.  But, it made me more aware than ever that I need to keep in touch with my family and friends.  To try and bring a moment of levity, light and love into their lives. 

To also go out past my intimate circle, to bring that same intentionality to all people who I come across.  Smile, hold a door, give a compliment.  Very little effort, but it may be the only kindness and bright spot someone has in their day. 

How do you show kindness? 

Bronze Conversationalist

@Rhymesometimes So sorry to hear about your loss, especially someone so young. Life is truly too short and there's no excuse for not treating others as you would like to be treated.

Social Butterfly

Steve the @postman29  So true.  Thank you so much.  So easy to go in auto pilot for the day to day stuff.  But I'm looking for more opportunities to help people and make a difference. Where I volunteered for 2 1/2 yrs. closed the portion of service that I was providing. After all this time with covid and now variances, need to find a creative outlet, but still protect my health.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP