Join Dr. Catherine Alicia Georges and Amy Goyer at 10:15 a.m. ET Wednesday for an AARP telephone town hall on family caregiving issues. Register here.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: The Magnolia Tree

Message 11 of 90

See, laughter is good! Now how about this, if you all can't find a magnolia tree send a picture of a "magnolia street" sign. How can you find one? Put "magnolia street" in your cell phone map search.sign 1.jpgLynchburg (Magnolia) SC

Here is one from my city. lol

Hubert

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 90

Dear Hubert,

You gave me my first chuckle for the day. It was when you said to send a picture of I'm magnolia tree. And then you said even without the flowers, it's still a magnolia tree. And all I can say is without the flowers,  I wouldn't know a magnolia tree from any other tree. And that's the truth!  Guess I'll have to take a closer look at the leaves.

Lol,

Lydia 

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 90

IMG_0059.JPGMom's Magnolia

Now, what is the BIG question? "Magnolia, Magnolia, Where Are You?"

Don't be ashamed to send a picture of your magnolia tree. It dosn't matter if it is blooming or not. It is still a magnolia tree.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 90

What can be said after the truth about the pine trees have been told? Nothing.  Hubert

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 90

Hello, Hubert!

As you suggest, the pine tree, much like everything that our Creator made, is equally beautiful.  Though the pine has no colorful flowers to see and smell, it does produce it's "version" in the form of those prickley pinecones.  The pines grow tall and stately and the evergreen is, in fact, "ever green."  So, yes, it has it's own beauty and is worthy of admiration in it's own right.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 90

Now, what do you think the lady of the house and yard would say to the humble pine tree? -------- If she is any thing like my mother, this is how it would go, "Stop putting yourself down pine tree. You are just as important to me as any other tree in my yard. That's why I planted you. Keep your limbs (head)up high. God made all things.. By the way some trees live longer than us humans. As long as I am alive nobody will cut you down. Just brace yourself when the storm winds come. I love ALL my trees and flowers." The next day that pine tree stood tall and green in the sun light. That is how it could be "IF TREES COULD TALK"     Hubertimage 3.jpgA Proud pine tree!

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 90

What would a pine tree say to the lady of the house if it could talk? "Please plant magnolia trees, because we (pine trees) may not be around that long. These storm that come this way and people using us for building materialsimage 3.jpgPine Tree

IMG_0059.JPGMom"s Magnolia Tree

image 4.jpgPine with Magnolia in back ground

."

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 90

"Slow down, watch your speed and see the magnolia trees"! (In Sumter, SC.)image.jpgSlow down!

image 1.jpgWatch the trees!

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 90

Hi All,

I just uploaded a video of my mom's magnolia tree. I know this tree is just another tree as part of God's great creations. But my life had some connections around this tree. So much so that books and screenplays were written

. Let me know if you like the video.

Hubert

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 90

Tracy, We are doing repairs on Dad and Mom house. It was built in the early 60's. I remember so clearly the day we moved off the farm to the city of Lynchburg. A HAPPY DAY!!!!  There was many tears of joy that day.               Huber

image.jpgRepairs on Dad and Mom house

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs