AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: The Magnolia Tree

Message 21 of 68

Well, we all are part of a family. Are magnolia trees part of a family? lol Do they have DNA?image (2) (478x640).jpgFamily of magnolias

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 68

Life is so wonderful! More then that how wonderful is the ONE who created life. We can see it all around us each day. Man did not make these things or us. So when we see a magnolia tree, what a great design! Weather it is spring or winter it is always green. EVERGREEN! Leaves may fall off it but the tree keeps living.

Welcome back Lyida to the forum. Glad to here you are feeling better. Appreciating life! Thanks for the creations.IMG_0059.JPGLive!

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 68

Hello, Hubert!

Well, winter finally got the best of me and I've been down with a cold that doesn't seem to want to let go of me yet.  But I'm doing better, so I've decided to come back on the forums.

Today I had a chance to catch up where I last left off here.  I saw the drawings and the new photos as well.  The drawings captured the story from your book and the color photos reminded me of what Spring and Summer has in store for us all.  All were very nice.

So let me add my contribution to our magnolia wishes......

and then remember my personal favorite......

We have 73 days til Spring.  Best wishes, Hubert! 

Lydia

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 68

Again, here is the first magnolia tree (mother's magnolia tree) that the idea for all this writings. The tree is over 40 years old...........................Now the other day I found these smaller magnolia trees about 100 yards across the field from mother's tree. Could these be offspring's of mother's tree. Can a DNA test prove it? Let me know.IMG_0059.JPGMother's magnolia tree

mag 1 little.jpgOffspring one?

mag little 2.jpgOffspring two?

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 68
  • A magnolia tree with pine tree all around it. Just like people all around you.      -- Hubertimage.jpg"Pine trees all around me!" - Magnolia

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 68

mule.jpgReady to work.

What is work? Well, I will tell you. If you are plowing behind a mule from sun up to sun down. My Dad did it for over 25 years to take care of his family (12 children) without complaining. I wanted to lean how to plow and my brothers taught me how to at the age of 11. No magnolias in this picture. Dad was a true man. But yet still a caring and loving father. We did not go lacking.

--- Hubert

P.S. This picture by Karen Davis.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 68

Here is more. Ebony (Sunamite) saved Anna by throwing a rock to hit the snake. The Magnolia Tree is there to help also. True FRIENDSHIP!

- Hubertsnake.jpgA true friend!

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 68

Ebony and Anna.pngAnna helps Ebony

Thank you so much LydiaN! I wonder who else will see this page. Here is more. A lady on my job liked my two books so much I paid her to draw over 50 pictures from reading my books. Here is one. Do you see the Magnolia Tree?

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 68

You, HubertG, seem to be a man of many talents.  Writing and painting.  How wonderful!  Maybe you could be the next Romare Bearden or Jacob Lawrence. 

Image result for jacob lawrenceof his artworks

•  
    See the source image

Artwork done by Jacob Lawrence.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 68

Here is a painting I did of Mom cleaning the dust off our shoes on the way to religions services. Can you see the Magnolia tree in the background? And can you see me standing on the right side?mom.jpgMom dusting off our shoes.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Share your best experiences traveling while caregiving.

woman taking selfie with man in wheelchair on the beach

Top Authors