Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: The Magnolia Tree

Message 71 of 95

"A picture is worth a thousand words" This is so true when it comes to a magnolia tree blossom.

Hubert

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 95

I am "speechless", the magnolia blossom speeches for itself. God's creation! Patricia Neely-Dorsey said it so well in her poem.

Thank you so much,

Hubert

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 95

I have not a story to tell, but this I offer in it's sted.

Image result for magnolia tree

Image result for poems about magnolia trees

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 95

(It is still alright to post your magnolia stories)(This store is not from my books.)

Now the story about Anna continues as her son Teo stands over the newly planted, little magnolia tree. Teo walks to his front porch and sit in his rocking chair. The chair kept hitting the wall of the house as he rocks. Ebony, Teo wife comes to the door asking, "Did you knock honey?" Teo replies, "No, I think the back of the chair just keeps hitting the wall." "Are you ok darling?", Ebony warmly asked Teo. "I will be alright, it just hurts so bad right now", "I just want to sit out here alone for a while", said Teo. "Alright, I will check on you shortly, and the little tree looks nice out there Teo",said Ebony as she walked back into the house."Thank you Ebony, I want to watch it grow", replied Teo.

Teo had questions going on in his head as he looked up into the sky.

(To be continued)

Hubert

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 95

Just think about this, a couple welcomes their new baby son. His mother on many occasions takes her bundle of joy on the front porch of their house and rocks him to sleep. His mother Anna, eyes is admiring the magnolia tree in her parent's yard next door. The tree brings back to mind the many times she picked flowers of it's branches. Anna's mother told her many years ago how she planted the tree on their first wedding anniversary, over 60 years ago. The smell of it's flowers is so refreshing. It stand so tell, strong and beautiful. Anna remember the spot over there where the mighty oak tree once stood but now is no more. Her daddy had a swing on one of it limbs. Then over there next to the oak was a huge pecan tree. Anna's mother made many cakes and pies from those pecans. Her daddy use to bake the pecans in the ashes of the fireplace.

Anna recall how a powerful hurricane blew down both the oak and pecan tree, but the strong magnolia stood her ground. It only lost a few old limbs.

Now Anna's son has grown up and he and his wife is moving in the house next door to Anna to help look out for her. His father pass away a few years ago.

The young man stood on his front pouch looking over at his mother's then his grand parents house seeing the old magnolia tree. The thought runs through his mind, "how can a tree live longer then a man?" Then he reasoned, "it just do." Then something his mother told him as a boy came back to mind. Anna told him, "one day man will live longer than a tree".

Later Anna passed away. The son came home from her funeral, went out back to the barn, gets a shovel, walked over to the magnolia tree in his grand parent's yard and dug up a small offshoot of the magnolia tree. He then planted it in his yard. He stood over the planted tree looking down at it and smiled, saying "Life goes on, enjoy it".

Hubert

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 95

Well, I need to get back to the point. I may have been a little selfish.

What is your magnolia story? (pictures of your tree, if you like)

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 95

"Time's a wastin'"

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 95

Lydia,

You are so right. Time's a wastin'. I do have two books published. My first book title is "Magnolia, Magnolia, Where Are You?". My second book and the follow up to the first is "Magnolias That Cared About Me feathering THUNDER". Both books are on Amazon. I designed and painted the covers with a $2 paint set from Walmart.

Then I wrote the 100 page screenplay (movie) based on these two books. I sent it to a script consult with 20 years of experience in California. She read it and liked it, stating it would be a costly movie. That being said, I then broke the script down to 3 TV scripts.

On the cover of the first book you will see at the bottom of the book the two main charterers Anna and Ebony. (fiction) My Mom picture is on the top cover. Yes I called a number of agent with no good result. I sent two copy of my book to Oprah, Spike Lee and Steven Spielberg no good result.

Your flower above looks like it is just "reaching out". A photo like this one keeps me writing.

Thanks.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 95

Hubert,

Have you submited any of your writings to publishers or an agent?  Time's a wastin' you know.   In what you've written, you may have something as beautiful to share as our maggie here.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 95

P.S.   I wonder if it's time for the movies that I wrote 3 scripts about to come to the screens?

I think it will take a Steel Magnolia to do this one.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors