From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: The Magnolia Tree

Message 1 of 75

Now, what do you think the lady of the house and yard would say to the humble pine tree? -------- If she is any thing like my mother, this is how it would go, "Stop putting yourself down pine tree. You are just as important to me as any other tree in my yard. That's why I planted you. Keep your limbs (head)up high. God made all things.. By the way some trees live longer than us humans. As long as I am alive nobody will cut you down. Just brace yourself when the storm winds come. I love ALL my trees and flowers." The next day that pine tree stood tall and green in the sun light. That is how it could be "IF TREES COULD TALK"     Hubertimage 3.jpgA Proud pine tree!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 75

What would a pine tree say to the lady of the house if it could talk? "Please plant magnolia trees, because we (pine trees) may not be around that long. These storm that come this way and people using us for building materialsimage 3.jpgPine Tree

IMG_0059.JPGMom"s Magnolia Tree

image 4.jpgPine with Magnolia in back ground

."

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 75

"Slow down, watch your speed and see the magnolia trees"! (In Sumter, SC.)image.jpgSlow down!

image 1.jpgWatch the trees!

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 75

Hi All,

I just uploaded a video of my mom's magnolia tree. I know this tree is just another tree as part of God's great creations. But my life had some connections around this tree. So much so that books and screenplays were written

. Let me know if you like the video.

Hubert

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 75

Tracy, We are doing repairs on Dad and Mom house. It was built in the early 60's. I remember so clearly the day we moved off the farm to the city of Lynchburg. A HAPPY DAY!!!!  There was many tears of joy that day.               Huber

image.jpgRepairs on Dad and Mom house

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 75

Hi Tracy, Have you seen any magnolia trees lately? If so how about sending me picture? By the way do you work with the film     Industry there in Calaforia?  Hubert                                             PS. By the we are fixing up Dad  and Mom house. It is still live able. See the pic, in the upper left corner is mom's magnolia tree. We may need to set up a 'Go fund me page'. LoL

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 75

Hi Lydia,  Thank you again for the tree pic's. It is  amazing how God has made these trees. Think about the way they are made. They are very heavy but very balanced. Every wind storm don't just blow them over all the time. Now, looking back at all these posts on trees and flowers, is there ANYONE else out there that cares? But still the trees live and we breath fresh air. Thankful! Life goes on, so we go on living.

Hubert

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 75

Morning, Hubert!

You asked for a pic of the beautiful willow tree.  So here are two:

Willows are truly beautiful, Old World looking, majestic trees.  I love them and enjoy watching the wind blow around and through them--in slow motion.  

Although I miss finding a magnolia right now,  I love these trees as well.  Lovely in all their wispy uniqueness.

Lydia

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 75

That is interesting. Near me I haven't notice any willow trees lately. But back in the 60's there was a lot of them. They were all over this town. Mom had one in her back yard. We would cut limbs of the tree to make poles for the chicken fence. The willow pole would take root and little branches would grow, then leaves show up. Another tree would start growing from that pole or limb. Yes a beautiful tree.

Hubert

P.S. Can you send us a picture of one?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 75

Good morning, Hubert!

I haven't notice any magnolia's lately.  But what I have taken note of lately are the weeping willow trees.  Seems like they're EVERYWHERE!  So beautiful.  So languid--swaying in the breeze.  So nope, no new magnolis.   But I will keep my eyes peeled.

Hope all's well with you and yours.

Lydia

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season