Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

Honored Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—  THIS GROUP IS OPEN TO ALL GRIEVERS NO MATTER HOW LONG IT HAS BEEN [years,days]. To participate, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your comment. Click on reply again. Any questions, you can PM [AARP Private Message] me.

โ–ถ๏ธ*** Cadee said this BELOW. ***๐Ÿ”ฝ

SHARING thoughts on caring for oneself, making doctor appointments (and the difficulty in doing so), discussing relocating, dealing with finances and life's decisions are all important issues to discuss. These are all a part of being alone and having to make big decisions for ourselves (perhaps for the very first time). Once one "accepts" the reality of being alone, it is difficult to have to make these decisions for ourselves ALONE. Hearing how others do it and have done it has been extremely helpful to me. Accepting the loss is NOT the end of this journey. Listening to tapes and reading books does not always offer the personal touch needed at times. Having someone make us smile and knowing there are people out there that truly do care about you is a gift. THIS GROUP IS DEDICATED TO CADEE @Cadee2719  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ’๐Ÿด  [10/2/24] Anyone Else HEALTHY Eating TODAY?

Well I "skipped" my walking LAST night, had a MAJOR meltdown but back on track TONIGHT!!!  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

โ–ถ๏ธ*** Breakfast: Working on it, still in bed and heading for gas soon. Plan - the usual healthy but  ๐Ÿคฎ  plain Greek Yogurt, Boiled Egg and Oatmeal with Walmart Sweetener. I can skip the milk (miss it). Skipping coffee until I get back home. Lol, NO public restrooms for me.  ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

โ–ถ๏ธ*** Lunch & Dinner will probably be Meatloaf with yes, Brown Rice.  And BBQ Chicken again with Brown Rice. Missing my UNHEALTHY White Rice.  ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Cadee @Cadee2719   I MISS YOU SO MUCH!!! ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Luv,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—  and  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘‹  [10/2/24] How are YOU TODAY?

Any plans TODAY?

Me, Sheetz to top off my Gas Tank. When it is 3/4 FULL, I top off in case there are DETOURS. During the Winter helps to prevent gas freezing.

Thanks for the WONDERFUL SURPRISE Jonibee @jonibee - a post from YOU!!!  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ  Lol, LIFE knew I NEEDED it!!!  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘  LAST NIGHT - One of my DARKEST nights so far. Ended up TEXTING my daughter asking IF she could CALL. And EXPECTING the usual TEXT back = don't feel like talking. But SHE CALLED.  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ 

Everyone, I APPRECIATE you guys SO MUCH. Thank you!!!

Luv,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I AM THINKING OF YOU!!!  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Cadee, Jonibee, Julie, Lisa, Marcy.

@jonibee , @MarcyW882921 , @LisaJP6763 , @Cadee2719 , @JulieT507376 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ™  OUR PRAYER LIST!!!

Cadee's @Cadee2719 brother in hospital.  โ–ถ๏ธ*** Cadee, let us know when he is out of the hospital. ***โ—€๏ธ

Anyone Else???

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ˜ด  Lol, I am in my chair with my legs up for "circulation" and the Man of My Household (the cat)  ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„  has been sleeping ALL DAY. Will be up ALL NIGHT doing what I DONOT want to know - poor Chipmunks!!!  ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ  Online says FERAL cats  ๐Ÿˆ  HUNT at night as their prey is ASLEEP.

[1] Cadee @Cadee2719 , I hope your Son did drive you to your brother's home as promised. I know his wife APPRECIATES your company while he is in the hospital. I need to be ADOPTED by you. Such a CARING person in real life and here for us. Thank you my friend.

[2] So Bionic Marcy @MarcyW882921 you show up and know NOSEY NICOLE is dying to know how you fared in Florida. Lol, you and my daughter are FLORIDA TWINS = no volunteering of news. Anyway, RELIEVED the BOTH of you SURFACED - you here  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ  and she kept TEXTING. It took all I had NOT to ask IF there was any flooding NEAR her. But she did ask via TEXT for a few days IF I was okay as Cave Spring, Virginia where I am had tornadoes, rain, flooding and of course power outages. Lol, kept wondering IF I was going to be either or both BLOWN OFF OR FLOODED OFF my hill.  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ  Let me see, we have OCTOBER tomorrow (1st) then NOVEMBER for the Official Hurricane Weather to end.  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

[3] Jonibee @jonibee thank you for stopping by my friend.

[4] Lisa @LisaJP6763 , the ONLY "youngster" in our group = still working = WE OLD PEOPLE  retired/lol - I am here for you my friend. Hope work was decent.

[5]I DO MISS you and Sadie Julie @JulieT507376 . I am also here for you my friend.

Luv,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

So Nicole @iLuvAutumn ... to relieve your nosey part, I fared just fine in Florida with the hurricane. I am on the southeast coast. Surprisingly as far away as we were from the storm, we did get some wind gusts and rain squalls. There was a moderate amount of vegetation debris on the roads when I went out the next morning.

Marcy

Honored Social Butterfly

Lol, thank you Bionic Marcy @MarcyW882921  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** MARCY wrote: So Nicole ... to relieve your nosey part, I fared just fine in Florida with the hurricane. I am on the southeast coast. Surprisingly as far away as we were from the storm, we did get some wind gusts and rain squalls. There was a moderate amount of vegetation debris on the roads when I went out the next morning.

Marcy ***]

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Luv you Nicole @iLuvAutumn . ๐Ÿค—

Marcy

Honored Social Butterfly

Thank you SO MUCH for this Marcy @MarcyW882921 !!! Luv, Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** MARCY wrote: Luv you Nicole. ๐Ÿค—

Marcy ***]

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ’๐Ÿด  ANYONE ELSE healthy eating today???

Skipped breakfast, but did take Blood Pressure Med (Chlolestral Med tonight) on time along with my Old Lady Multi this morning. Had NO appetite BEFORE heading to Kroger.

โ–ถ๏ธ*** Lunch: Asian Salad and my MUCH NEEDED coffee. Skipped it BEFORE Kroger trip = so DO NOT use PUBLIC restrooms  ๐Ÿคฎ  and coffee sends me there./lol

I may ADD Pineapple and Banana IF I am still "hungry".

โ–ถ๏ธ*** Dinner: Will see what I am in the mood for later on. I do NEED to start "eating" BEFORE 8pm to AVOID what they say. Lol, makes you gain weight eating LATE at night.

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Yes I believe so Nicole @iLuvAutumn . Plain Greek yogurt with homemade granola for breakfast, a protein shake for lunch made with selected natural ingredients, and chicken stir fry with plenty of vegetables is on the menu for dinner.

Marcy

Esteemed Social Butterfly

Another week of an appt. and one in the middle of the month..I have been doing small changes to be in tune with the season..Also started reading one of the books that I picked up at Salvation Army sale. I have a painting project that I' m trying to work up the ambition to do a wrought iron gate on the front porch that needs to be painted..Have to wait until mail is delivered so the carrier wont get it on them...Otherwise you all have a good day especially those affected by the recent hurricaine hopefully help is there....

Just an update I went out to Dollar Tree and picked up a small paint brush now weather permitting and after mail carrier comes I can start to paint that wrought iron porch gate. This was built by my grandson and son to prevent hubby from falling if he got to close to the stairs outside. There's also a ramp from the front door onto the porch which I chose to keep in regards to my leg problems..Today is estate planning with the lawyer and then I can relax as that will have completed my job for our adult children...

Honored Social Butterfly

Good Morning Jonibee @jonibee !!! Good for you keeping the ramp. As we age, we need stuff to aid with moving around. I am suppose to go get gas as I like to keep tank full when it is 3/4 full. This way IF there is a DETOUR, I am NOT stressing out over running out of gas. Also during Winter keeps gas from freezing. Yesterday I had to stop by my Mechanic BEFORE heading to Walmart as the a.sholes ABOVE me removed the TIRE CAPS from 2 tires on the side facing their car. I back in, easier to pull out. I do have a HANDICAP SIGN (I bought) with my apartment number on it right in front of my apartment. Before I had gotten it and while still WORKING at night, I use to have to PARK way in the back. Hard on my knees and unsafe. So my VERY NICE Nurse Practitioner at the time gave me a letter for DMV. GRATEFUL!!! So anyway, GRATEFUL for Mechanic who DIDNOT charge me. Nice family owned shop. So YESTERDAY "drained" me and after "crying" ALL DAY, texted and asked my daughter if she could call me. Since being laid off 4/11/24, I have missed our weekly video calls and TRIED to NOT bother her. Broke down LAST NIGHT. Had been STRONG.  She did call.  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing Jonibee. YOU gave me HOPE again. Here you are staying BUSY. So can I!!! Lol, so I "is" back on track my friend. Luv, Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** JONIBEE  wrote: Just an update I went out to Dollar Tree and picked up a small paint brush now weather permitting and after mail carrier comes I can start to paint that wrought iron porch gate. This was built by my grandson and son to prevent hubby from falling if he got to close to the stairs outside. There's also a ramp from the front door onto the porch which I chose to keep in regards to my leg problems..Today is estate planning with the lawyer and then I can relax as that will have completed my job for our adult children... ***]
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Jonibee @jonibee , I finally picked up a book I had bought from Dollar Tree LAST year June 2023.

Lol, then put it back down again.

Atomic Habits by James Clear. An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones.

IF you want to, NO PRESSURE - I would luv to know how BOTH appointments turn out.

I NEED to go "online" and schedule the NEWEST COVID shot at CVS. Has to be 2 weeks after the Flu one I just got.

Luv,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** JONIBEE wrote: I am reading "the Potters House" by  Rosie Thomas. A story about a young woman with English roots who finds a simpler life in the country of Greece ..A young woman who is escaping an unhappy marriage finds herself there due to an earthquake meets up with the English woman who is happily married with two boys..She is welcomed into the household and decides she will make a new beginning here under a new identity..Life is becoming complicated for the young mother with this new visitor..The house that they live in once was a potters house and so the story progresses..This week appt is legal business..then later on a cardiologist follow up ..Oh drat can't find the 3" paint brush  to fit in the small paint can the size of minwax can...I hate pouring the paint into another container..Oh well such is life..go with the flow literally...Have a nice day...tomato basil soup with club crackers and water for hydration ...clementine for dessert..Have a nice day... ***]
0 Kudos

I am reading "the Potters House" by  Rosie Thomas. A story about a young woman with English roots who finds a simpler life in the country of Greece ..A young woman who is escaping an unhappy marriage finds herself there due to an earthquake meets up with the English woman who is happily married with two boys..She is welcomed into the household and decides she will make a new beginning here under a new identity..Life is becoming complicated for the young mother with this new visitor..The house that they live in once was a potters house and so the story progresses..This week appt is legal business..then later on a cardiologist follow up ..Oh drat can't find the 3" paint brush  to fit in the small paint can the size of minwax can...I hate pouring the paint into another container..Oh well such is life..go with the flow literally...Have a nice day...tomato basil soup with club crackers and water for hydration ...clementine for dessert..Have a nice day...

Honored Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ˜ด   I missed you today Julie @JulieT507376 .  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Cadee @Cadee2719 , I hope you have already arrived or on your way to your destination.  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Thank you SO MUCH for stopping by today Jonibee @jonibee and Melisa @LisaJP6763  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—  and  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Marcy @MarcyW882921 , worrying about you in Florida.  ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

I "is" heading to go put my FISH microwave dinner in my tiny microwave. NOT a fan of fish, but do two days to hopefully RETURN to a NON pre-diabetic status.  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Then later at 7:30pm ET, my Nightly Walk INSIDE my Studio Apartment for an hour being careful NOT to "step" on Mr.  ๐Ÿˆ.  YES AND YES, he picks this time to DEMAND attention  ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„  and "cuts in front" of me until he FINALLY heads to my door to be LET OUT. Lol, yes - Cat Tantrum. Sorry my boy, got to do this (get healthy) to stick around to feed you.  ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Anyway, hope we ALL sleep tonight.

Luv,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Periodic Contributor

Good for you.  I'd give anything if I could even walk 10 minutes, so you're doing great girl!  Kudos!   I'm trying to rest my back after spending a few ours at the old house trying to make it look more like a garage sale. Luckily 2 of my cousins showed up to help.  I found a few more items to bring home, like my paper shredder and some pictures that had been hidden.  

I'm hoping to improve my eating habits as well, I'm on way too much medicine as it is.  Husband only eats meat, potatoes and bread.  And since he does the shopping getting produce is a struggle.  Luckily there's 2 stores fairly close that aren't packed like the other 2 big box stores we have here.  I'll be making regular trips to those soon to finally start getting some fresh produce into my diet.  

Sleep well all, tomorrow is a bright, shiny new day!  Also, for the next few mornings right before sunrise there's a very rare comet that should be visible for us here in Texas.  They said it only comes around this part of the galaxy every 80,000 years!  I gotta see that in the morning.  Hugs and well wishes to all, good night!

Honored Social Butterfly

Thanks Lisa @LisaJP6763  and I HOPE with time things will get FIXED for you.

Lol we have Julie @JulieT507376 , the SAME age 66 like me who can STILL get down on her floor to play with her darling furbaby Sadie  ๐Ÿ•!!!  NOT ME - my knees.

Luv,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** LISA wrote: Good for you.  I'd give anything if I could even walk 10 minutes, so you're doing great girl!  Kudos!   I'm trying to rest my back after spending a few ours at the old house trying to make it look more like a garage sale. Luckily 2 of my cousins showed up to help.  I found a few more items to bring home, like my paper shredder and some pictures that had been hidden.  

I'm hoping to improve my eating habits as well, I'm on way too much medicine as it is.  Husband only eats meat, potatoes and bread.  And since he does the shopping getting produce is a struggle.  Luckily there's 2 stores fairly close that aren't packed like the other 2 big box stores we have here.  I'll be making regular trips to those soon to finally start getting some fresh produce into my diet.  

Sleep well all, tomorrow is a bright, shiny new day!  Also, for the next few mornings right before sunrise there's a very rare comet that should be visible for us here in Texas.  They said it only comes around this part of the galaxy every 80,000 years!  I gotta see that in the morning.  Hugs and well wishes to all, good night! ***]

Periodic Contributor

I'm only 61 but apparently my body is 91.  ๐Ÿ˜ซ  This back thing has been an ongoing issue, the fall on the 4th just really aggravated it and set me back several dozen steps in getting back to normal.  But I won't give up, been through too much to quit now. Retirement is right around the corner!  ๐Ÿ˜

Honored Social Butterfly

Lisa @LisaJP6763 , BACK ISSUES are NO PICNIC my friend!!!

Are you due for surgery or physical therapy?  ๐Ÿค”

Luv,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** LISA wrote: I'm only 61 but apparently my body is 91.  ๐Ÿ˜ซ  This back thing has been an ongoing issue, the fall on the 4th just really aggravated it and set me back several dozen steps in getting back to normal.  But I won't give up, been through too much to quit now. Retirement is right around the corner!  ๐Ÿ˜ ***]
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I don't know what they're going to do.  I've been trying to get an MRI for a few years but insurance kept denying it.  But in no way did I do this on purpose to get an MRI, it's not worth it. I think we would have gotten it through eventually.

That said, I do have an order for an MRI, so that's step one.  They mentioned doing a vertebroplasy, I'm sure that's what the visit to the neurosurgeon is for.  PT might be after I recover from that.  We'll see.  I'll just be glad to finally get some treatment for it.

Periodic Contributor

OH!  I see my user ID did change, cool!

Honored Social Butterfly

*** MOVED TO TOP OF FORUM SO WE CAN FIND IT. Continuation of our discussion - any updates to share? ***

๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ‘งโ€๐Ÿ‘ฆ  PARENTING AN ADULT & SPENDING TIME WITH THE GRANDKIDS!!!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Lol, so since the Helene drama here in Virginia and in Florida, I have NOT asked my "only" child (a daughter in FLORIDA) any QUESTIONS = Is she okay?

Now I am WORRIED, but figured IF she wants to SHARE she will = had enough REJECTION at age 66 from her over the years.

The FUNNY PART about this is NOW she has been TEXTING me asking things like - lots of rain for you - are you okay with the flooding and so on.

Now I KNOW my "child" - we have our ROLLERCOASTER RIDES, sometimes she is concerned or shares her life. I use to get ALL HAPPY and then we RETURN within the week to ZERO.

Oh, I DID text back YES with NO details = lol, what she does to my QUESTIONS.  ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ  Yes, keeping my distance EMOTIONALLY as she is NOT changing at age 38.

Luv,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I hope that works out soon for y'all.  Mother/daughter relationships can be difficult.  Luckily mom and I got past all that before she passed.  Unfortunately, since my sister's death I only have 2 of my cousins left as family.  My younger sister (2 years younger) cut me and mom out of her life 35 years ago.  Mom never knew her grandkids or great-grandkids.  She never got over that and resented my little sister to her death bed.  She hasn't hardly talked to me since we lost our oldest sister.  Oh well, it's been 35 years so far and I'm fine, I'll be fine going forward.  I do with you and your daughter the best.

Honored Social Butterfly

Lisa @LisaJP6763 , life is too short and as of 2015 when I left Florida where EVERYONE is (I followed my daughter to Virginia,best decision I ever made), I left ALL FAMILY DRAMA behind. Because I REFUSE to be controlled when I turn age 18, my mother disowned me and turned my 2 brothers against me. Tried to do the same with my daughter. She died in 2018 and I refused to attend her funeral. Have NO idea who is STILL ALIVE in Florida and DO NOT care. Just care about my daughter.

Unfortunately she HATES Virginia and I HATE Florida. Luv my mountains and 4 seasons.  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

She went back to Florida in 2018. Got laid off from her Engineering job in Florida 4/11/24 along with hundreds. A surprise Harris L3 layoff. Refuses to move back to Virginia, still unemployed.

Luv,

Nicole  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

[*** LISA wrote: I hope that works out soon for y'all.  Mother/daughter relationships can be difficult.  Luckily mom and I got past all that before she passed.  Unfortunately, since my sister's death I only have 2 of my cousins left as family.  My younger sister (2 years younger) cut me and mom out of her life 35 years ago.  Mom never knew her grandkids or great-grandkids.  She never got over that and resented my little sister to her death bed.  She hasn't hardly talked to me since we lost our oldest sister.  Oh well, it's been 35 years so far and I'm fine, I'll be fine going forward.  I do with you and your daughter the best. ***]
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP