Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Update – Earning Points for Video Activities

Community Manager
Community Manager

Update – Earning Points for Video Activities

Hello Everyone!  I wish it was better news but unfortunately we are still experiencing some technical issues that may affect some users trying to earn points for video activities.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience while we get this resolved.

I will continue to post updates here when available.

AARPTeri
Silver Conversationalist

Hello @AARPTeri this technical bug is still alive and well

the staying sharp video “Balsamic Roasted Carrots” has been missing a “Play”

button and the points badge is also missing for weeks now

just thought you might like to know

CANNOT PLAY THIS VIDEOCANNOT PLAY THIS VIDEO

HAPPY HALLOWEEN 

IMG_0295.gif

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi Lucy! @rednexsrus

Tech support is hard at work on the glitch!

OIPf.jpg

...LOL!! 

Take care!  

🍂🍁🍂☮️  🎃 ~Allen 🎃🌈🍂🍁🍂

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reporting this - I am aware that this video should have been removed due to issues but I will follow up again today to be sure it isn't listed.  Appreciate your letting us know!

AARPTeri
Gold Conversationalist

@AARPTeri   No points on videos this afternoon for me.  I'm quitting after not getting points for two of them.  Hope this is a temporary bug.   But from the date of the original post, it is a recurring problem.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know!  If you could let me know what videos we can investigate further, there are definitely a few having issues but shouldn't be experienced on all videos.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@AARPTeri   Wish I could recall at this point which two it was.   I will write down any future ones that don't give the points.   

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks that would be great!  

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@AARPTeri 

This is a new technical issue with the videos today. I missed my points on maybe 5 videos (1500pts) because of this issue. I did not catch the error on the first two then on 3 &4 wasn't sure what was going on and on the 5th one decided to give up.

There was no point ( no pun intended ) in continuing. If I had already completed the activity then there should not have been a points badge attached to the video RIGHT ????? 

Can you not build a fire under the lads in tech support ????? Just Asking 

No Way.jpg

lucyp061351
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. Hope everyone is doing well. I've come to the fact that I have to watch a video ad before watching the video but once I've finished watching it I expect to receive my reward points. Of the 7 videos I watched I didn't receive points for 4 of them. This is just one of them. Another claim Technical difficulties at this time. The other two went to the end and I thought I received my points but checking my transactions history they weren't there. I'm just saying 

Screenshot_20230419-204105_084232.png

Concerned Member
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. Does anyone know about the grayed out 300 points for the videos? I believe these are the same videos that I didn't get my points for. And I guess we don't get points for those videos that someone else got paid for us having to watch a ad 🤔. 1200 points  down this 🕳️. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@al45009948 

Hi al, As far as your problem with ad's try AdBlockerPlus. An extension for Google Chrome

I don't have any ad's now after I installed it. Just Saying 

lucyp061351
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. I use a tablet, extensions don't work. When I mentioned that I was using the app AdBlock the AARP tech guys made it so I couldn't log in to my AARP account. I've gotten used to the ads again but my problem is watching half of the ad ( this is just enough for AARP to get paid) and not getting my points because of a technical problem. I've noticed that some of the 300 points in the symbol is a little grayed out. What's up with that ? Does anyone know. When I finish watching the video I don't get any points. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Knock on wood, Don't rock the boat. Cross my fingers, toes, arms I have had good luck later. Unfortunately (for others) I don't think it was anything I did. After they did updates (probably hired some Gen X) things have been good. 

Holding my breath.

rdp_1951

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi @al45009948🙂

I know what you mean...

I mentioned this in another recent topic but applies here as well!

Here are a few of mine

Sorry, no points this time.Sorry, no points this time.

Oops! An error occurred. Please refresh your browser to get back on trackOops! An error occurred. Please refresh your browser to get back on track

Sorry, no points this time...you’re screwedSorry, no points this time...you’re screwed

Sorry, no points this time.

Oops! An error occurred. Please refresh your browser to get back on track

Sorry, no points this time...you’re screwed

Take care ☮️~Allen 🌈

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. 😂🤣🤣😂 You're so Funny. Thank you for the laugh. Each time I look at your post I break out laughing. I'm just enjoying this 

Concerned Member
Silver Conversationalist

Hi 🙂

Thank you @al45009948 for the kind words! ✍️😊

Not everyone appreciates or understands what I’m trying to do...that’s OK too!

The state of this current program is so messed up that one of the ways I cope with it is >>>>‘laughing through the pain.’ Like many of the best comedians...I take humor seriously.... & IMHO...

It won’t fix this wonky website.... but laughter really is the best medicine!

Tech support seems stunned that there are still so many problems with this site!Tech support seems stunned that there are still so many problems with this site!

Thanks again!

Take care ☮️~Allen 🌈

Contributor

I am experiencing the same issue when using Bing and Microsoft Edge.  The past 2 weeks I have been unable to earn any points watching video , because the video will not play.

Community Concierge

@donhog9 You may need to clear your cookies and update your browser to the latest version, or use a different device or Operating System. I invite you to check out our troubleshooting steps here: https://help.aarp.org/s/article/site-issues

Silver Conversationalist

Is it just me ?? Anyone Else ??🤔

Looks like the video problems are continuing. It appears on my end to be a problem with Google Chrome. None of the video's are earning points this morning. Changed to FireFox and voila, started earning points again 🤗 🤗

Just Saying  no points.jpg

lucyp061351
Community Concierge

@rednexsrus Thanks for letting us know. The videos are earning points properly in Chrome. If you're still having an issue, we recommend clearing your browser's cache and cookies before trying again. More info can be found here: https://help.aarp.org/s/article/site-issues

Regular Contributor

MIne has been better lately. For a long time I was getting  the "Sorry no points this time."

Silver Conversationalist

@AARPTeri 

My Post on 11/26, the two video's I mentioned are still messed up ???

(Quick walks to control blood sugar ) and ( How to take care of your hearing aid ) 

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
Silver Conversationalist

Hi Terri

Just so you are aware

Video's (Quick walks to control blood sugar ) and ( How to take care of your hearing aid ) 

have been misbehaving as of late. All you get is the spinning circle and at the 31 sec.mark the videos lock up.

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
Periodic Contributor

The big problem now with not earning points now going into the start of September is that you cannot complete any of the Extra Credit assignments and thus cannot get any of those gift cards.

Periodic Contributor

I actually got things to work and get credit for the videos and credit towards the Extra Credit assignments.  I went in and deleted every singe cookie relating to "aarp".  After that, everything worked just fine.

Regular Contributor

Another user suggested this and it worked for me as well==delete AARP cookies. Have had no problems since.

Regular Contributor

Deleting cookies did not work for me!  This problem has been going on now for almost a month!  So discouraging 

Silver Conversationalist

Hi @AARPTeri ,

In addition to videos not earning points, there are quite a few quizzes not earning points either.  The problematic quizzes are ones that have the AARP Rewards badge with star in the center instead of the 450 point badge.  Hope this issue can be fix simultaneously with fixing the videos.  Appreciate all of your help!

Super Contributor

$AARPTeri - my problem is fixed, ALMOST!  Hopefully this info helps, I am now getting points for regular videos but not the Staying Sharp ones, so if it is a line of code issue it would have to be fixed for both, thanks for all the work you have done so far

Anne

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP