Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

Reward Points counter not updating

Rewards Points counter not updating unless I clear my cache files. I then have to sign in again. It's very annoying. 

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @JoLo49 

You're right just found some of them, we need more ways to Filter instead of See More.

@CaliaRose it is another strange step to see your current points.  Hopefully this will be fixed too.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

@mi4090  Oh I know. I'm just glad I noticed it, so I can finally see again when points count, because it didn't seem like any were. I alerted Lauren to that discovery I made, so hopefully she will pass it on to the team soon.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @CaliaRose 

All we can do is hope and wait, keeping faith for better things to come๐Ÿ˜Š

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @heins9 

Nothing is recording points accurately, promo code points don't record in Transaction History.  Try viewing points via My Account๐Ÿ˜Š

More than a year with new Rewards program and continuous issues.  Hoping things get better.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@mi4090
The promo code points are recorded in the transaction history under Webletter for 50 pts and AARP rewards email for 100 pts. I am seeing them in my transaction history.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

@mi4090  So, based upon your suggestion, I have noticed something. And @AARPLaurenA needs to know this, to pass it on...

If you go to the Discover page (https://www.aarp.org/rewards/discover/) and refresh, it will show the correct points at the top and/or on the counter. Then, after refreshing the Discover page, go back and refresh the Transactions History page, and the counter updates. So there's a coding error going on here.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Same here.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

So it's not just me. It's like...there's no point in even trying because you don't know if it's registering in the points total or not. It seems like every time there's an error, it never updates the points balance, even if those points are credited in the transactions list.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

No you're not alone. What I do is clear my cache file and restarted my browser. Sign back in and the counter is updated. It's very annoying. I've complained to no avail. One day I wasn't even getting credit for completed activities and I was told that I have to complete the activity before I could get credit. Someone must have updated their website , they need to go back to their previous version. If it's not broken don't fix it.

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

@al45009948  See my post above and maybe my temporary workaround will help you ๐Ÿ™‚

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Very good ๐Ÿค— Thank you for this information.  I tried it and it worked. Sometime I have to go to Transactions to update my points. But this is better than clearing out my cache file all the time. Again thank you very much for a wonderful solution to this problem. Back in my good day I'd looked into the program and fixed the program myself

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

@al45009948  You're welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Better than nothing til they fix it. Ha

Transactions page should update, as long as you refresh Discover page first. And you might see that the black box counter doesn't update on the Discover page when you refresh, but after you refresh the transactions page, go back and refresh Discover again, and the black box should update. I do this every 5 or so activities.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Well it worked for a little while but I'm back to clearing my cache file again. One thing now is that I'm not having any problems with the Denise videos. 

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

The maxed out points page shows on the Discover page, even though it's still not showing on other pages, at least for me.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

It won't even register the promo code in the points balance, even though it shows in the transactions list.
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP